DC Gallery Supergirl Comic Statue From DST

JayC

14 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm always looking foward to more DC figures but yeah lately most of the stuff seems like a step down even if the quality and articulation is better. I personally would love to see more Lanterns over the stuff that has been announced so far.

There’s a John Stewart and a Kyle Rayner coming, which is something, at least... I’m really looking forward to those two.

4 hours ago, sXeblues said:

There’s a John Stewart and a Kyle Rayner coming, which is something, at least... I’m really looking forward to those two.

I'm excited for those to an extent except those arent the costumes I like them in so I doubt I'll have them displayed which bums me out a bit.

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm excited for those to an extent except those arent the costumes I like them in so I doubt I'll have them displayed which bums me out a bit.

That’s too bad... For me, they honestly can’t come out soon enough. But, I’m still going to reserve my judgment, and wait and see how they actually shape up, before actively picking any up. I’ve gotten so used to toylines being cancelled or switched up at this point, to take anything for granted.

6 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

That’s too bad... For me, they honestly can’t come out soon enough. But, I’m still going to reserve my judgment, and wait and see how they actually shape up, before actively picking any up. I’ve gotten so used to toylines being cancelled or switched up at this point, to take anything for granted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they will be great figures, its just that I have a section of my shelf for my Green Lanterns and my favorite costumes are from the Brightest Day Blackest Night run so I have those figures in those costumes displayed. If I had room to display everything I would but I still play with the stuff I have in the bins so its not that bad lol

12 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they will be great figures, its just that I have a section of my shelf for my Green Lanterns and my favorite costumes are from the Brightest Day Blackest Night run so I have those figures in those costumes displayed. If I had room to display everything I would but I still play with the stuff I have in the bins so its not that bad lol

Oh, I feel you on keeping figures and styles together like that... I don’t actually have much of my collection on display, due to a lack of having the room or shelf space to do so. But, even when I have them packed away, I still tend to bracket them up in groups like that, lol.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

Oh, I feel you on keeping figures and styles together like that... I don’t actually have much of my collection on display, due to a lack of having the room or shelf space to do so. But, even when I have them packed away, I still tend to bracket them up in groups like that, lol.

I tend to swap out what I have displayed a few times a year or if they all fall over due to a cat or something lol

18 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I tend to swap out what I have displayed a few times a year or if they all fall over due to a cat or something lol

When I was in a better position to have my stuff on display, it was a couple cats and a dog that made that somewhat precarious. It got to the point where I had to confine my stuff to one room, and do whatever possible to keep them out of it, lol.

When I was in a better position to have my stuff on display, it was a couple cats and a dog that made that somewhat precarious. It got to the point where I had to confine my stuff to one room, and do whatever possible to keep them out of it, lol.

It really can be difficult to manage a collecting while having pets. I just think of them as kids, they don't always know better but you can teach them. And you have to accept that part of owning a pet means that sometimes they will knock stuff over or break something. Thats actually what got me to start customizing and painting my more expensive stuff. My cat broke a $600 statue I had and I superglue it all back but I wasn't happy with seeing all the cracks so I looked up how other people fix this kind of stuff and after a lot of trial and error I now can pretty much recreate anything as long as I have most of the broken pieces. Now I just have to learn how to fix broken joints on figures lol

9 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

My cat broke a $600 statue I had and I superglue it all back but I wasn't happy with seeing all the cracks so I looked up how other people fix this kind of stuff and after a lot of trial and error I now can pretty much recreate anything

? Oh my gawd, man... My whole body clenched just reading that! I don’t want to sell myself short, but I dunno if I’d be nearly as enterprising as you, to be able to then put it back together and be happy with it, like that. But then, for the cost of it, I’m sure I would be motivated to try to fix it. I’m just not so confident in my skills in actually successfully doing so, along those lines, lol.

? Oh my gawd, man... My whole body clenched just reading that! I don’t want to sell myself short, but I dunno if I’d be nearly as enterprising as you, to be able to then put it back together and be happy with it, like that. But then, for the cost of it, I’m sure I would be motivated to try to fix it. I’m just not so confident in my skills in actually successfully doing so, along those lines, lol.

Well for one, everything I buy I buy for my enjoyment, not to resell so after a break I view it more like I'm patching up a friend than "OMFG!!! *#&#$#@$ THERE GOES ALL THAT MONEY DOWN THE F******* DRAIN!!!" lol

4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Well for one, everything I buy I buy for my enjoyment, not to resell so after a break I view it more like I'm patching up a friend than "OMFG!!! *#&#$#@$ THERE GOES ALL THAT MONEY DOWN THE F******* DRAIN!!!" lol

LOL!! ???

• Haha 1