Joaquin Phoenix Clowns Around With New Joker Look

JayC

Warner Bros. has posted a camera test with Joaquin Phoenix for the new Joker solo movie. The footage gives us our first look at Phoenix in the Joker makeup.

1 of 2

I really hope that they don't do it like this and it is a simple test.  Looks like DC s not even trying anymore. 

That looks really bad... like, I get that hes just starting out and all but I know this sound crazy but I don't want a Joker who just looks like a psychopath whos going to murder me in some B rate horror movie, he should have a mystery about him and some charm and a lot of charisma.

Yea, hope they’re keeping the true look concealed for a later reveal. Hopefully this is more a symbolic representation of his meltdown. They already messed up with the Leto look IMO. I’m all about updates and redesigns, but don’t stray too far from the source material. That’s when you enter Godzilla ‘98 territory.

I am digging it as a step in the right direction... Especially as someone who was afraid we might not actually see any sort of ‘clown’ appearance in the film. Also, of note, is the apparent homage they’re doing to the debut clown masks of both the Cesar Romero and Heath Ledger Jokers.

38CA134E-2125-485E-AA69-DDE7B15DD395.jpeg

6 hours ago, Blackmada said:

He looks like Kurt Russel and Tommy Lee Jones mixed together with clown makeup.

Thats all I see now....

• Haha 2

I don't believe this is his final look, I hope they go the more traditional route because I hate the creepy\psychopath way they went with Ledger.

I actually really liked Leto's look, it actually was faithful to the source material with a few modern tweeks.

4 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Here’s a few more looks at Phoenix as the Joker... These all cropped up on Facebook.

75C3DC84-C07B-43D2-A78F-10CEEAD37D11.jpeg

C8AF4D19-3388-463E-84B6-92DFEA3D6367.jpeg

2FD657AA-3C1A-4A31-9045-C07E9AF8C583.jpeg

23C5CD4B-1B74-46FA-859C-C94DBD6E430A.jpeg

63500DFF-AD39-4A82-AC39-5E19F5021BF6.jpeg

I'm so conflicted.. on one hand I like the outfit, the green hair, the creepy vibe but I don't care for the face paint choices at all. I doubt this is his final look

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm so conflicted.. on one hand I like the outfit, the green hair, the creepy vibe but I don't care for the face paint choices at all. I doubt this is his final look

I do kind of hope that the face paint eventually conforms to the more typical Joker style, as the film goes on. I’m thinking this has to be in the early going, before he reaches that criminal level of refinement, lol.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

I do kind of hope that the face paint eventually conforms to the more typical Joker style, as the film goes on. I’m thinking this has to be in the early going, before he reaches that criminal level of refinement, lol.

Man I'm watching The Dark Knight right now and I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Joaquin Phoenix and Heath Ledger's looks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Man I'm watching The Dark Knight right now and I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Joaquin Phoenix and Heath Ledger's looks.

Simply for the fact that it’s face paint, and presumably hair dye, it does ring pretty similar... Whereas the costume itself is much more the Romero Joker, from the 60s tv series.

23 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Here’s a few more looks at Phoenix as the Joker... These all cropped up on Facebook.

75C3DC84-C07B-43D2-A78F-10CEEAD37D11.jpeg

C8AF4D19-3388-463E-84B6-92DFEA3D6367.jpeg

2FD657AA-3C1A-4A31-9045-C07E9AF8C583.jpeg

23C5CD4B-1B74-46FA-859C-C94DBD6E430A.jpeg

63500DFF-AD39-4A82-AC39-5E19F5021BF6.jpeg

Yeah. The clothes are spot on, but the face is so so bad. I am sure they can improve upon this. 

39 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Yeah. The clothes are spot on, but the face is so so bad. I am sure they can improve upon this. 

I really hope they do... It works for a kind of, early start for the character. But, I’m really hoping for a more traditional face paint scheme, as the movie goes on. Presuming that this is early on in it.

After looking at these again I had a terrible thought, what if this scene is just like the one in Spider-man 3 where hes dancing on the sidewalk after he gets his new emo suit...... I can hear the music now... ?

• Haha 1

Ledger is almost impossible to beat. The only Joker that is actually better, is Hamill's and it was a cartoon. 

Nicholson was good for that time and Leto is just awful. 

So, if they can deliver something between the Ledger one and the cartoon one, I'm good. 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:54 AM, NeedlessImmortals said:

After looking at these again I had a terrible thought, what if this scene is just like the one in Spider-man 3 where hes dancing on the sidewalk after he gets his new emo suit...... I can hear the music now... ?

OH GAWD NO... ? May the movie gods not take up that thought and run with it!

• Haha 1