Neca Ultimate Edition Ahab Predator Review

DareDevil19

Great review as always and welcome Daredevil19! 

Neca really kills it with their Predators. Everytime. 

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

Great review as always and welcome Daredevil19! 

Neca really kills it with their Predators. Everytime. 

I agree, NECA has perfected the Predator line. Revisiting the old Kenner line was genius. I love the Ultimate releases. I only wish their other properties would get the same attention to detail.

I'm really loving these Predator releases lately.

My favorite shot is this one right here... The scraped up helmet, the extended claws. You know that this guy’s seen some ?.

F825E991-BB7A-4F22-A24C-7FF0A5D85EC1.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 4:49 AM, sXeblues said:

My favorite shot is this one right here... The scraped up helmet, the extended claws. You know that this guy’s seen some ?.

F825E991-BB7A-4F22-A24C-7FF0A5D85EC1.jpeg

NECA’s lines are perfect for display. A lot of personality in that tiny lifeless piece of plastic.

I wish they hadn’t lost the Pacific Rim license, the Kaiju they put out were great. Would’ve loved a NECA Slattern and Raiju.

The longer they hold the property, the better it gets. Their Godzilla line has really evolved and G’62 looks likes it gonna be amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I wish they hadn’t lost the Pacific Rim license, the Kaiju they put out were great. Would’ve loved a NECA Slattern and Raiju.

The longer they hold the property, the better it gets. Their Godzilla line has really evolved and G’62 looks likes it gonna be amazing.

I only ever managed to get my hands on their Gipsy Danger, from the first movie. But man, I was so glad when I found it at my local Books-a-Million, a while back.

Their Godzilla pieces always look good too, most def... I really like the color motif they had on the ‘Atomic Blast’ and ‘Shin Gozilla Atomic Blast’ figures. The blues and purples look all kinds of badass, with the added ‘blast’ accessory and such. They’re so friggin’ cool.

48 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I only ever managed to get my hands on their Gipsy Danger, from the first movie. But man, I was so glad when I found it at my local Books-a-Million, a while back.

Their Godzilla pieces always look good too, most def... I really like the color motif they had on the ‘Atomic Blast’ and ‘Shin Gozilla Atomic Blast’ figures. The blues and purples look all kinds of badass, with the added ‘blast’ accessory and such. They’re so friggin’ cool.

Yea I love the Godzilla line, Atomic Blast Shin should be available in stores in the next couple of weeks.

I was worried for a while when nothing new was announced. I thought NECA lost the license. Turns out they worked a better deal and work with Toho directly now. Before they had to speak to Toho through WB, which muddled things up.

According to Randy, things will be much easier and they may be able to revisit some earlier concepts that were scrapped when WB was the middleman.

25 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

According to Randy, things will be much easier and they may be able to revisit some earlier concepts that were scrapped when WB was the middleman.

That’s good to hear... I’ll be looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

22 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

That’s good to hear... I’ll be looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

Yea, NECA’s G’62 is easily on par with Monsterarts in the looks department, IMO. NECA is definitely stepping their game up.

296C8AE5-301E-4092-93C6-B4D16469B715.jpeg

B9132DF8-9B9E-438B-9E29-0D0BE685091B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, NECA’s G’62 is easily on par with Monsterarts in the looks department, IMO. NECA is definitely stepping their game up.

296C8AE5-301E-4092-93C6-B4D16469B715.jpeg

B9132DF8-9B9E-438B-9E29-0D0BE685091B.jpeg

Damn man, he looks great! I’m really loving that head sculpt. They nailed it.

7 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Damn man, he looks great! I’m really loving that head sculpt. They nailed it.

Yea, I actually prefer the NECA (Bottom pic) to the Monsterarts. Too many joint gaps and NECA seems to have more life in Ty’s face. Plus the price difference, NECA beats that hands down.

12 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, I actually prefer the NECA (Bottom pic) to the Monsterarts. Too many joint gaps and NECA seems to have more life in Ty’s face. Plus the price difference, NECA beats that hands down.

I feel like the NECA one is better overall proportioned, too... Although, it could be those joint gaps in the first pic throwing me off. This is supposed to be the vs King Kong one though, right? Because they just nailed it on every aspect. I think, if you cropped the head on the figure, and put it next to some of the imagery from the film, you might not be able to tell that it was a modern figure of the original suit prop, and not the actual suit itself.

4 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I feel like the NECA one is better overall proportioned, too... Although, it could be those joint gaps in the first pic throwing me off. This is supposed to be the vs King Kong one though, right? Because they just nailed it on every aspect. I think, if you cropped the head on the figure, and put it next to some of the imagery from the film, you might not be able to tell that it was a modern figure of the original suit prop, and not the actual suit itself.

Correct, this is the Kong Godzilla. NECA did an excellent job in capturing the suit’s look and feel. Really looking to its release and future offerings.

7 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Correct, this is the Kong Godzilla. NECA did an excellent job in capturing the suit’s look and feel. Really looking to its release and future offerings.

I may have to put it on my list of wants, as well... As I’ve wanted a classic Godzilla in my collection for a long time. And this one is honestly almost perfect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I may have to put it on my list of wants, as well... As I’ve wanted a classic Godzilla in my collection for a long time. And this one is honestly almost perfect.

Yea, G’62 is definitely NECA’s best Godzilla yet. Hopefully it’s a sign that they’ve perfected their craft. I want Godzilla to be part of the NECA holy trinity: Alien, Predator, and Godzilla.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2018 at 12:30 AM, GojiBill said:

Yea, G’62 is definitely NECA’s best Godzilla yet. Hopefully it’s a sign that they’ve perfected their craft. I want Godzilla to be part of the NECA holy trinity: Alien, Predator, and Godzilla.

To me the best is the classic. I just wish it was a little bigger, but not too big that doesn't fit in my display. Some figures I can only have one so it must be the best one.