DC Bombshells Mystery Minis plus Specialty Series From Funko

JayC

While there’s no denying that Mystery Minis are absolutely adorable, the 12-piece DC Bombshells Mystery Minis are as fierce as they are adorable. The dream team includes Wonder Woman wielding her lasso of truth, Batwoman, Batgirl, Harley Quinn and her trusty mallet, Katana and Katana sword, Poison Ivy looking mighty green, Catwoman with whip in hand, Supergirl looking ready to fly, Mera, Hawkgirl nonchalantly blowing a bubble with her gum, Black Canary and Zatanna, all with a 1/12 rarity. In addition to mainline, collect DC Bombshells Mystery Minis Starfire, Raven, and Green Lantern as Specialty Series exclusives. Look for these to be released in December. You can pre-order the non-store exclusives at BigBadToyStore.com.

DC-Bombshells-Mystery-Minis-01.jpg

DC-Bombshells-Mystery-Minis-02.jpg

I haven’t seen a good set of Mystery Minis, in a while... Or at least, any that really got up my interest. And these have my eyebrows making a beeline for my hairline.

These feel very "kiddie" to me, like they put those outfits on a child's body. I think the Cryptozoic style would have been a better fit but I never was too into blind bag stuff.

19 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

These feel very "kiddie" to me, like they put those outfits on a child's body. I think the Cryptozoic style would have been a better fit but I never was too into blind bag stuff.

Hmm... Not gonna be able to unthink or unsee that now. ?

41 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Hmm... Not gonna be able to unthink or unsee that now. ?

Haha well I have a few of the original Bombsell statues which I bought specifically because I thought they looked sexy so seeing these really threw me off ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

Maybe looking "kiddie" combined with these outfits was the intention ?

So many ways to respond to that... lol 

But in all seriousness I think this style is very similar to the anime Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, in most of the show they are depicted in a very cartoonish "kiddie" style when in reality they look much different.

konachan-com-89180-chuck-panty__stocking_with_garterbelt-panty_character-stocking_character.jpg

panty--stocking-with-garterbelt-anime-normal.jpg

I'm not huge into Batgirl but thats the one that catches my eye when I look at these.

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm not huge into Batgirl but thats the one that catches my eye when I look at these.

It kind of looks like it’s playing on the utilitarian design of the ‘Batgirl of Burnside’ outfit.

C3BA9502-DB43-4D46-BEA2-6572AE4DED3C.jpeg

42 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

It kind of looks like it’s playing on the utilitarian design of the ‘Batgirl of Burnside’ outfit.

C3BA9502-DB43-4D46-BEA2-6572AE4DED3C.jpeg

You know  I haven't read that comic but I'm actually a huge fan of that look, I have several figures and statues of her in that outfit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

You know  I haven't read that comic but I'm actually a huge fan of that look, I have several figures and statues of her in that outfit.

I’m in the same boat, as far as not having read any of that run, as yet... And also really digging the overall look. No figures of it yet, but I’d like to get my hands on one, one of these days.

2 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I’m in the same boat, as far as not having read any of that run, as yet... And also really digging the overall look. No figures of it yet, but I’d like to get my hands on one, one of these days.

You really only need these Funko DC Bombshells Mystery Minis.

^ Nah, what I need is uncapped finances. Then I can get caught up on all of the comics and action figures I’ve missed for a very long time. ?

5 hours ago, sXeblues said:

^ Nah, what I need is uncapped finances. Then I can get caught up on all of the comics and action figures I’ve missed for a very long time. ?

Id also like that and better time management lol I'm trying to devote one hour a day to reading cause I have so many comics, manga, and books piling up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Id also like that and better time management lol I'm trying to devote one hour a day to reading cause I have so many comics, manga, and books piling up.

I feel you, there... My primary focus is anime these days, as I’ve largely made that the focus of my Youtube channel. With the occasional comic book movie, Star Trek and Doctor Who related discussions. So, a lot of my time has just been trying to keep up with the new episodes coming out every week. And that takes up almost all of my ‘free time’. I’ve had to take a bit of a video making break as a result. But, when I was still doing daily and every other day uploads, that was the prime real estate for reading. Whether that be comics or straight up books. I actually miss it, because reading (and later, writing) was one of my earliest passions. So, I could totally benefit from a means of better allocating my time, as well, lol.

10 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I feel you, there... My primary focus is anime these days, as I’ve largely made that the focus of my Youtube channel. With the occasional comic book movie, Star Trek and Doctor Who related discussions. So, a lot of my time has just been trying to keep up with the new episodes coming out every week. And that takes up almost all of my ‘free time’. I’ve had to take a bit of a video making break as a result. But, when I was still doing daily and every other day uploads, that was the prime real estate for reading. Whether that be comics or straight up books. I actually miss it, because reading (and later, writing) was one of my earliest passions. So, I could totally benefit from a means of better allocating my time, as well, lol.

Yeah its really hard trying to stay knowledgeable about everything especially when its part of your job and its so obvious, especially on Youtube when you can tell the difference between someone who actually likes and is passionate about the subject verses someone who just read an article or did a quick wiki search.

• Like 1