Pokemon ArtFX J Lyra With Chikorita Statue From Kotobukiya

JayC

Lyra (Kotone) (6.90") and Chikorita (2.55") from "Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver" are here to show you what they're made of! The figure is based on an original illustration by artist Hitoshi Ariga, which depicts Lyra in a cute and dynamic pose as she gives a command to her Pokemon. Chikorita is posed to match his Trainer, full of energy as he charges up his attack. You can pre-order this now at BigBadToyStore.com.

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-01.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-02.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-03.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-04.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-05.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-06.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-07.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-08.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-09.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-10.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-11.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-12.jpg

Pokemon-ArtFX-J-Lyra-13.jpg

There sure are a lot of pokemon toys and statues coming out lately, I'm all in for the Figmas and SH Figuarts but I don't see much appeal as a statue.

I’m frankly amazed at how popular Pokemon still is, these days... I remember watching the original anime very loosely, and getting myself a plush Picachu. But, I never got madcap obsessed with it, nor played any of the games. It’s kind of hard to believe such a niche thing back then, is so mainstream, now.

21 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

There sure are a lot of pokemon toys and statues coming out lately, I'm all in for the Figmas and SH Figuarts but I don't see much appeal as a statue. 

I picked up all the Figmas and SHF but pass on statues myself. This has been a nice line by Kotobukiya.

The bases and  poses of the pokemon are especially charming.

17 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

I picked up all the Figmas and SHF but pass on statues myself. This has been a nice line by Kotobukiya.

The bases and  poses of the pokemon are especially charming.

You know after reading that I think I I may have been more interested if they were just the Pokemon without the trainers and at say a $25-$50 price point, I think those could sell really well.

1 hour ago, LimitedEdition said:

That is a product from the Pokemon company called Gallery figures.

Oh cool, I'll have to check them out.

Wow thats cheap, around what size are they? 2-3 inches?

The style of this figure makes me think of Studio Ghibli, for some reason. Doesn’t really seem like a contemporary anime style, at any rate. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.