New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys Rise To Retail Stores

JayC

Cowabunga - the heroes in a half shell have returned with a whole new look! Playmates Toys announced today that its Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy line will be available at major retailers starting October 1. As the longtime master toy licensee for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Playmates Toys developed this all-new product line based on Nickelodeon’s brand-new animated series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which premiered on September 17, 2018. The toy line includes an assortment of highly detailed action figures, as well as vehicles, a playset and role play toys.

In addition to the new toy line, Playmates Toys is also introducing a Sewer Squad Pizza Points Loyalty Program, where fans can collect and redeem pizza points for exclusive toys and more. A unique, secret code is included in every Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy package from Playmates Toys. Fans can visit playmatestoys.com to register and join the Sewer Squad, in order to qualify for exclusive toys and other rewards.

In Nickelodeon’s reimagined animated series, the band of brothers (Raph, Leo, Donnie and Mikey) discover new, powerful weapons and encounter a mystical world they never knew existed beneath the streets of New York City.

“We carefully developed the new toy line with unique sculpting and incredible detail, in order to closely resemble the dynamic look of the Turtles in the new series,” said Karl Aaronian, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Playmates Toys. “With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles being an enduring, iconic franchise, we are also delighted to bring back the Pizza Points Loyalty Program, which first debuted in the late 1980s, in an exciting new way for today’s generation of kids to enjoy.”

“The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA and Playmates has been there every step of the way,” said Jon Roman, Senior Vice President, Toys, Nickelodeon. “Show creators for the new Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ant Ward and Andy Suriano, worked hand in hand with Playmates to ensure that the bold, colorful design of the show translated into product at retail and we can’t wait to introduce them to a new generation of fans.”

The Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy line from Playmates Toys features the following:

Action Figures

· The highly detailed Action Figures are uniquely sculpted and fully articulated. The assortment features the four Turtles, April and Splinter, as well as new characters Baron Draxum, voiced by WWE Superstar, John Cena, Meat Sweats and others introduced in the series.

· The Deluxe Ninja Action Figures, available in the 4 Turtles, are ready to take out the bad guys! The figures bend to activate incredible flipping action, with each Turtle letting out an action shout as they flip.

· The Giant Figure assortment stands between 10.25” and 11” tall, with 13 points of articulation.

Vehicles

· The Turtle Tank is the new group vehicle that will help get the Turtles to the action fast. The tank is 2 toys in 1, transforming from vehicle mode into a Mobile Ops unit with a towering secret lab for Donatello.

· With the Shell Hog Vehicles, the Turtles can rev up for some shell-kickin’ Turtle action, and the vehicles even connect to each other and can also launch off the Turtle Tank group vehicle.

Playsets

· Discover where Splinter and the Turtles live, play and train with the 43" Epic Lair Playset, which is the biggest playset ever from Playmates Toys. It includes four levels of play, seven rooms and over 20 action features.

Role Play

· The assortment of Role Play, available for each of the 4 Turtles, features a signature Turtle bandana, a newly designed throwing star and the all-new weapon for each of the Turtles!

Man I need that awesome playset even though I have no clue where I'm going to put it once its fully complete. Also, was there a reason why they removed April?

I caught the pilot on YouTube just to check the new series out and see if it was worth the hate it was receiving. Taking into consideration that it’s a kid show and target audience is kids, it seems like a legit show.

As a fan of the more traditional TMNT themes, I’m ok with the new characterization (Raphael the leader, etc.). However, the treatment of Splinter in the pilot was horrible. They made him a fat old senile rat and not the sage like father figure he’s always been. Changing the direction is one thing, but Splinter is like the centerpiece of every interpretation of TMNT.

53 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

I caught the pilot on YouTube just to check the new series out and see if it was worth the hate it was receiving. Taking into consideration that it’s a kid show and target audience is kids, it seems like a legit show.

As a fan of the more traditional TMNT themes, I’m ok with the new characterization (Raphael the leader, etc.). However, the treatment of Splinter in the pilot was horrible. They made him a fat old senile rat and not the sage like father figure he’s always been. Changing the direction is one thing, but Splinter is like the centerpiece of every interpretation of TMNT.

Raph makes no sense to be the leader to me. The characters flaw was suppose to be his problem dealing with his anger. Same goes for when X-men made Wolverine the leader, I just disagree with the characterization.

5 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

Raph makes no sense to be the leader to me. The characters flaw was suppose to be his problem dealing with his anger. Same goes for when X-men made Wolverine the leader, I just disagree with the characterization.

Fair enough and I agree. Raph has always worked best as the angry berserker (my fav turtle). That said, I realize all properties must change with the times. Hopefully the current generation will enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Fair enough and I agree. Raph has always worked best as the angry berserker (my fav turtle). That said, I realize all properties must change with the times. Hopefully the current generation will enjoy it.

I don't know how much things have to change. The Force Awakens was praised for not changing anything.

I think simple human experience concepts can remain consistent while just updating the surroundings a bit. 

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this new series... And while it doesn’t look like my bag anyway, I hope it makes somebody happy enough to support the toy line.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this new series... And while it doesn’t look like my bag anyway, I hope it makes somebody happy enough to support the toy line.

I gave it a shot and watched the first 5 episodes and was surprisingly entertained, I'm still not sold on it though.

12 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I gave it a shot and watched the first 5 episodes and was surprisingly entertained, I'm still not sold on it though.

Huh... Well, it’s refreshing to hear something positive, even if you’re not sold on it. I never really planned to get into it. But, if it works for its target audience, and can still be enjoyable to folks outside of it, that’s cool.

5 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

The designs put me off before even seeing them animated.

Yea, I really wasn’t a fan of them, either. Especially with the Hulk — I mean Raph — being so much bigger than the rest of ‘em.

2 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Huh... Well, it’s refreshing to hear something positive, even if you’re not sold on it. I never really planned to get into it. But, if it works for its target audience, and can still be enjoyable to folks outside of it, that’s cool.

Well its entertaining if you like mindless fun and hijinks but it doesnt really feel like a Turtles show. 

4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Well its entertaining if you like mindless fun and hijinks but it doesnt really feel like a Turtles show. 

It’s good to know I’m not missing much.

I just picked these guys up while I was grocery shopping at Walmart, got the full set plus to extra Origami Ninjas and surprisingly I found one April. they had just unboxed the entire shipment and there were at least 3 of each character with there being about 6 of each turtle but only one April so I was extremely lucky. 

After messing around with these for a bit I really like them, they have way more articulation than the previous toys from the 2012 series and they all come with a lot of accessories. I remember most of the 2012 figures rarely came with anything aside from the turtles. Also there is a lot more paint on these guys and I'm loving the colors, very vibrant and fun. You get so much for only $8.75 a figure. It was so satisfying to buy 11 figures and it costing a little under $100, I would definitely say if your a turtle fan you should pick these guys up, I'm actually really looking foward to the vehicles and the playset now.

18 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I just picked these guys up while I was grocery shopping at Walmart, got the full set plus to extra Origami Ninjas and surprisingly I found one April. they had just unboxed the entire shipment and there were at least 3 of each character with there being about 6 of each turtle but only one April so I was extremely lucky. 

After messing around with these for a bit I really like them, they have way more articulation than the previous toys from the 2012 series and they all come with a lot of accessories. I remember most of the 2012 figures rarely came with anything aside from the turtles. Also there is a lot more paint on these guys and I'm loving the colors, very vibrant and fun. You get so much for only $8.75 a figure. It was so satisfying to buy 11 figures and it costing a little under $100, I would definitely say if your a turtle fan you should pick these guys up, I'm actually really looking foward to the vehicles and the playset now.

Nice to hear that they’re fun toys. While I haven’t personally been interested in this series, I said on these forums here a while back that the toys did look fairly decent, and fun. Especially for kids and collectors alike, that’s good to know.