Marvel Legends SENTINEL & WOLVERINE 2 pack Video Review by erivera94

erivera94

When I first saw pictures of this box, there wasn’t anything denoting the scale... I remember thinking, ‘there’s no way that sucker is in-scale with 6” figures’. So, I’m actually majorly blown away that that proved to be the case! ?

Also, I have to agree; I think the classic Toy Biz one is actually much better looking.

• Like 1

I like this Sentinel because to me it looks more like the classic ones from the comics more so than the Toy Biz one did and its a little taller, but being this is just a re-release from the Marvel Universe line which ended up hitting the discount stores like TJ Max and Marshalls, I can't see people feeling its worth buying again. If you did by chance miss out on the original Sentinel from the MU line then its probably worth getting.

• Like 1

I always wanted to get 5 or so of these guys posed up to fight my X-Men but I have enough trouble figuring just where to put 2 of them ?

On 9/20/2018 at 8:40 AM, JayC said:

I like this Sentinel because to me it looks more like the classic ones from the comics more so than the Toy Biz one did and its a little taller, but being this is just a re-release from the Marvel Universe line which ended up hitting the discount stores like TJ Max and Marshalls, I can't see people feeling its worth buying again. If you did by chance miss out on the original Sentinel from the MU line then its probably worth getting.

I honestly didn’t know about either the Toy Biz, or the alternate release of this sucker. They kind of slipped beyond my radar. If I had to boil it down, I feel like the Toy Biz one looks maybe a bit more ‘realistic’, while this one seems much more comic book/X-Men cartoon like. So, while I lean toward the Toy Biz one, I can still definitely appreciate both of them.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:09 AM, Thinwheat said:

I'm really not wanting another version of Wolverine from the Legends line (besides the Weapon X). It's a pretty expensive set, I kind of wish the had hidden the button a bit better this time around

I'd imagine allot of these sets will be broken up for sale on Ebay.

On 9/20/2018 at 7:23 PM, LimitedEdition said:

Sad this head sculpt ruins a second Wolverine release in a row.

Yeah I've never been a fan of this head sculpt either, I actually haven't liked any of the new Logan head sculpts so far, they don't even look like an actual human's face, its all stretched out and alien looking.

I see this and the nostalgia hits hard.  The sentinel is almost perfect. If it came with detachable tentacles like the ones from Omega Red and had an ab crunch would be perfect.  But the electronics could prevent the ab crunch part. The only downside of the Wolverine is this face. I guess Hasbro didn't get the fan's reactions to the Legendary Rider release. They need to make a screaming head.  

Everything else is awesome, size and scale.  Too bad it is another impossible to get collectible.  I see this going for 300 to 400 dollars here. Easy. 

Ideally, I could see adorning a whole back shelf with four or five of these guys, and then cast all of my X-Men figures beneath and looking up at them, in fighting poses. As it stands now, I cannot afford even one. But, a guy can certainly dream, can’t he?

When is this thing even coming out? I've seen teases for it since back in January but I can't find anything online, is this an exclusive somewhere?

On 9/26/2018 at 4:26 AM, sXeblues said:

Ideally, I could see adorning a whole back shelf with four or five of these guys, and then cast all of my X-Men figures beneath and looking up at them, in fighting poses. As it stands now, I cannot afford even one. But, a guy can certainly dream, can’t he?

Yea, remember the days when action figures were $5.99 -7.99 and the larger items were $9.99-19.99, $29.99 tops?

Now days, your standard Marvel Legends is going for $20 minimum. Inflation hit the action figure market hard. You need a significant amount of disposable income to be a dedicated collector.

9 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Yea, remember the days when action figures were $5.99 -7.99 and the larger items were $9.99-19.99, $29.99 tops?

Now days, your standard Marvel Legends is going for $20 minimum. Inflation hit the action figure market hard. You need a significant amount of disposable income to be a dedicated collector.

Indeed, man... And, from the looks of things, Hasbro seems to be testing the waters to up that price point for Legends, just a little bit, once again. Not that I don’t understand it. But damn if it don’t hurt!

On 9/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, NeedlessImmortals said:

I always wanted to get 5 or so of these guys posed up to fight my X-Men but I have enough trouble figuring just where to put 2 of them ?

I would have problems in fitting just one haha

Any how I need this. Could have better paint, but nonetheless a great figure. If I have patience I could add the painted wires as the SDCC one. 

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

I would have problems in fitting just one haha

Any how I need this. Could have better paint, but nonetheless a great figure. If I have patience I could add the painted wires as the SDCC one. 

my SDCC one is on the floor next to my rock band set covered in spider webs ? I'm working on cleaning up my entire collection and they way I have stuff displayed but man its hard when theres so little room lol

I still can't seem to find this guy online, just the older releases and everyone who has one is so secretive lol

10 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

my SDCC one is on the floor next to my rock band set covered in spider webs ? I'm working on cleaning up my entire collection and they way I have stuff displayed but man its hard when theres so little room lol

I still can't seem to find this guy online, just the older releases and everyone who has one is so secretive lol

BBTS had dor sale like a week ago for $125; I can't even consider having figures outside the display. I have 3 cats or else I would have that amazing quarter scale Deadpool from Neca. 

6 hours ago, FASVB said:

BBTS had dor sale like a week ago for $125; I can't even consider having figures outside the display. I have 3 cats or else I would have that amazing quarter scale Deadpool from Neca. 

The one I saw on there said it was just a reissue and said it came with the 3.75 Wolverine so I never bothered. It seems that everyone has this listed wrong. I have 3 cats and the 1/4 Deadpool on the floor in the corner of my room... ?