2018 NYCC Chun Li -Battle Costume- Bishoujo Statue From Kotobukiya

JayC

4 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

^ I don’t think statues tend to be articulated... But maybe I’m shopping at all the wrong stores.

You know hes just saying hed rather be able to customize and pose something that looks nice and not just look at it right? :D I too prefer my stuff to not be easily breakable and move in more than one pose. 

1 minute ago, EvilHayato said:

You know hes just saying hed rather be able to customize and pose something that looks nice and not just look at it right? :D I too prefer my stuff to not be easily breakable and move in more than one pose. 

Ah, I got ya... Just being a bit snarky, lol. Truth be told, I much prefer posable action figures, as well. But, I’ve also picked up quite a few Kotobukiya-like ‘prize figures’ in my time. So, all bets are never necessarily ‘off’, for me.

2 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

Ah, I got ya... Just being a bit snarky, lol. Truth be told, I much prefer posable action figures, as well. But, I’ve also picked up quite a few Kotobukiya-like ‘prize figures’ in my time. So, all bets are never necessarily ‘off’, for me.

Ive had my fill of statues, they arent really for me. Being able to pose your favorite characters and interact with others is always nicer than just having them sit there in a default pose collecting dust. And they are usually 3x or more the price of the figs.. 

^ Oh, I feel you... But, that’s why I go for prize figures. Yes, they’re essentially statues. But, to be able to get really highly detailed, quality statues for the same price as most Marvel Legends or Black Series figures, is quite the coup. And anyway, I dunno how many times I go back and play around with figures, once I’ve gotten them in a key pose. Where they’ll then stand on a shelf like that, if not forever, pretty close to. It’s all kind of the same thing to me.

3 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

^ Oh, I feel you... But, that’s why I go for prize figures. Yes, they’re essentially statues. But, to be able to get really highly detailed, quality statues for the same price as most Marvel Legends or Black Series figures, is quite the coup. And anyway, I dunno how many times I go back and play around with figures, once I’ve gotten them in a key pose. Where they’ll then stand on a shelf like that, if not forever, pretty close to. It’s all kind of the same thing to me.

What do you mean by 'prize figures'? I can understand once you got a pose going, you dont touch them again. That sort of is how it is for me, but i have a bunch that are near me when im at my computer that sometimes you just want to fidget with them or correct or change the pose around. Also whenever I pack them and then unpack them due to limitation of my shelf set up, they get re posed into something else. Also depending on the character, I may get a new character that has a relationship with the other and you want them to interact a specific way with that new addition. Also packing them is a breeze compared to statues.. ugh. 

9 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

What do you mean by 'prize figures'?

Prize figures are basically just PVC statues, akin to what Kotobukiya produces. They get the name ‘prize figures’ from the fact that a majority of them are featured in those crane game machines — which flourish, all over Japan. But, you can find a lot of these 5” to 10” highly detailed statues for anywhere from $18 to $35 online. If it’s not something that you’re personally in the market for, that won’t really matter to you. But, for somebody like me, that holds them just as highly as regular action figures, it’s sometimes fairly easy to go for a prize figure over an ML or some other equivalent. Especially since that falls squarely in line with my monthly budgetary limit.