2018 NYCC Chun Li -Battle Costume- Bishoujo Statue From Kotobukiya

JayC

A KOTOBUKIYA Japanese import! For the next incredible Street Fighter Bishoujo statue from Kotobukiya we are proud to present a new, alternative take on the very first and most popular character in the series with the amazing CHUN-LI -BATTLE COSTUME-LIMITED EDITON NYCC 2018! You can pre-order this now on the Koto website.

NYCC-Chun-Li-Battle-Costume-Bishoujo-statue-01.jpg

NYCC-Chun-Li-Battle-Costume-Bishoujo-statue-02.jpg

Like I always say here. I am not much into statues. But one must recognize a beautiful piece of art like this.  I am still dreaming about that Storm Collectibles figure. 

I think the large thighs of Chun Li just happened by accident on the original sprite. Once this observation gained traction, Capcom decided to run with it. Each time a game is released, those thighs get larger and larger.

6 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

I think the large thighs of Chun Li just happened by accident on the original sprite. Once this observation gained traction, Capcom decided to run with it. Each time a game is released, those thighs get larger and larger.

Don't know, I noticed allot of Play Arts Kai and Revelotech Amazing Yamaguchi have over sized thighs.

6 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I can see it three ways; One, that’s actually pretty damn hilarious. Two, eh — there ain’t nothing wrong with it. And three, channeling Billy Crystal from the movie ‘Forget Paris’, when channel surfing in his hotel room and stumbling onto a female bodybuilding competition, he retorts sarcastically: ‘Whoo, too much of a good thing.’

This is one of the few Kotobukiya statues I really wish was made in 1/4th scale, it really deserves to be a centerpiece to a collection rather than an addition like most have been lately.

17 hours ago, GojiBill said:

She is quoted as the "strongest woman in the world" since SF2. Her moves are leg based attacks. They wanted to showcase that her legs are strong. All the games except for the Alpha series were sequels meaning her legs only got bigger and stronger. They were going for strong yet elegant vibe which is why she never has had massive arms like the dudes in the games. Altho as her legs got more attention, I would say the japanese/fetishists got alittle too carried away with the thighs but they arent to the point of absurdity. Ive seen alot of body builder girls have legs like that (and they arent man like just strong). 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

She is quoted as the "strongest woman in the world" since SF2. Her moves are leg based attacks. They wanted to showcase that her legs are strong. All the games except for the Alpha series were sequels meaning her legs only got bigger and stronger. They were going for strong yet elegant vibe which is why she never has had massive arms like the dudes in the games. Altho as her legs got more attention, I would say the japanese/fetishists got alittle too carried away with the thighs but they arent to the point of absurdity. Ive seen alot of body builder girls have legs like that (and they arent man like just strong). 

You make a excellent point we need more strong yet elegant thighed collectibles.

If they gave her the hair buns this would be an instant buy for me but I have the original version so I don't know if I can justify buying this if its just a color change.