Bluefin Previews New York Comic Con Bandai Exclusive Products & Special Display

JayC

Bluefin, the leading North American distributor of toys, collectibles, and hobby merchandise from Japan and Asia, has detailed a wide array of notable products and “First-to-Market” show exclusives from the Bandai Shokugan brand that will be displayed and available for purchase at the 2018 New York Comic Con.

Bluefin will be located in Booth #1612.

The 2018 New York Comic Con (NYCC) takes place October 4th – 7th at the Javits Convention Center in Manhattan and is the East Coast's biggest pop culture convention. The annual event plays host to the latest and greatest in comics, graphic novels, anime, manga, video games, toys, movies, and television.

This year, Bluefin will proudly exhibit the Bandai Shokugan Shogun Megazord, Ninja Megazord, and White Ninja Falconzord Super Mini-Pla kits, which are among the final Bandai Power Rangers releases for North America. These kits will be set for release in time for the holidays this coming December but will be showcased for the first time at NYCC.

2018-NYCC-Bluefin-Exclusives%2040__scaled_600.jpg

Bandai Shokugan “First-to-Market” NYCC Products

2018-NYCC-Bluefin-Exclusives%209__scaled_600.jpg

Don’t miss a special opportunity to be among the first to acquire these new Shokugan kits that will debut for the first time anywhere at 2018 NYCC. These kits are scheduled to debut to general retailers in Q4.

Super Mini-Pla Mega Man X Ride Armor Sets “Chimera Armor” & “Vile’s Ride Armor” · MSRP $40.00 each
2018-NYCC-Bluefin-Exclusives%2024__scaled_600.jpg

Following the success of the Power Ranger Megazord and Dragonzord kits, fans can now enjoy a pair of special advance releases of Mega Man X with the Chimera Armor and Vile’s Ride Armor sets. The Chimera Armor set comes with a Kangaroo unit and Vile’s Ride Armor is outfitted with a Hawk unit.

Mega Man 66 Action Vol. 2 Blind Box Units · MSRP $9.00 each
2018-NYCC-Bluefin-Exclusives%2023__scaled_600.jpg

Called “66 ACTION” because the figures each stand 66 mm (2.58”) tall, these compact, kits combine high quality molding with impressive articulation. These are the highly anticipated Vol. 2 releases and include X (Mega Man X), Vile (Mega Man X), Mega Man (Mega Man Star Force) Super Armor Mega Man and Cut Man. Each kit comes with multiple interchangeable hand accessories. All of these figures are able to be combined with the Super Mini-Pla Mega Man X Ride Armor for enhanced play and poseability value.

Additional Bluefin Bandai Shokugan Products

Kingdom Hearts Key Blade Collection · MSRP $10.00 each
2018-NYCC-Bluefin-Exclusives%2012__scaled_600.jpg

A collection of all die-cast renderings of the iconic weapons from the Kingdom Hearts anime series. The collection features Key Blade products of the Kingdom Key, Three Wishes, Crabclaw, Oathkeeper, Oblivion and the Ultima Weapon. Each item is in a blind purchase box, but an option to purchase a box with all 6 inside. A perfect Holiday item in anticipation of the release of new Square Enix video game, Kingdom Hearts III, slated for release in January 2019.

I’m glad that there’s a company out there like Blue Fin trying to bring more stuff over from the East. Even if there isn’t a whole lot that actually fits either my budget or interest, as yet.

3 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I’m glad that there’s a company out there like Blue Fin trying to bring more stuff over from the East. Even if there isn’t a whole lot that actually fits either my budget or interest, as yet.

Majority of my collection purchases are from Japanese makers.

I am really happy that Blue Fin makes allot of releases possible by importing to the West.

Unfortunately Hasbro really ties their hands in regard to Marvel and Star Wars releases.

9 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

Majority of my collection purchases are from Japanese makers.

I am really happy that Blue Fin makes allot of releases possible by importing to the West.

Unfortunately Hasbro really ties their hands in regard to Marvel and Star Wars releases.

I tend to frequent Japanese sellers through Amazon, eBay and things like Nippon-Yasan, most recently, whenever I’m looking for Japanese product. Those mostly amount to prize figures, as they tend to be the most affordable. And the quality of them, in the $20-30 range, is exceptionally good.

2 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I tend to frequent Japanese sellers through Amazon, eBay and things like Nippon-Yasan, most recently, whenever I’m looking for Japanese product. Those mostly amount to prize figures, as they tend to be the most affordable. And the quality of them, in the $20-30 range, is exceptionally good. 

Tamshii just released Son Goku for $35 and most of their DC Figuarts end up around $45 shipped on Amazon.

4 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

Tamshii just released Son Goku for $35 and most of their DC Figuarts end up around $45 shipped on Amazon.

That’s not too bad, really... I’m just not that into Dragon Ball. And, I’m really, really picky with DC property figures.

3 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

I suggest maybe giving SHF Batman or Wonder woman a chance in your collection.

I only just bought my very first SHF figure, in the last six months, lol... R2-D2, as it were. I really wish I could afford them more regularly. Even if I’ve a love/hate take on the majority of their likenesses.

1 minute ago, sXeblues said:

I only just bought my very first SHF figure, in the last six months, lol... R2-D2, as it were. I really wish I could afford them more regularly. Even if I’ve a love/hate take on the majority of their likenesses. 

R2-D2 is a really nice one. I was impressed with it.

I'm sure collectors at the time paying over $100 for the under sized Black Series R2-D2 felt buyers remorse. 

4 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

R2-D2 is a really nice one. I was impressed with it.

I'm sure collectors at the time paying over $100 for the under sized Black Series R2-D2 felt buyers remorse. 

While I didn’t pay nearly that much, I actually went through something similar... But, that’s mostly because I didn’t know how badly undersized the Black Series R2 was, or that there was a comparable, much more in-scale R2 on the market, at the time. Once you get the SHF R2 though, my gawd, there’s just no comparison! It’s fantastic.

18 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

While I didn’t pay nearly that much, I actually went through something similar... But, that’s mostly because I didn’t know how badly undersized the Black Series R2 was, or that there was a comparable, much more in-scale R2 on the market, at the time. Once you get the SHF R2 though, my gawd, there’s just no comparison! It’s fantastic.

That's the experience with most SHF. Sure they have a underwhelming release every now again or the articulation could be better on a release. But the quality is top notch. You can order online and be delivered a constant quality product.

Those Mega Man kits look sweet! I'm not really into the SD looking Zord though. The best part about kits is the price, getting a Gundam or a figure with a lot of articulation and detailed sculpting for a relatively cheap is pretty cool to me. 

14 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

Are you requesting Bandai make a Metallic Mechanized Lago ?

If I thought it had any traction... Possibly.

You guys are so lucky. Many options to choose from. To be honest, bandai product is the only thing that easier to get there. The price is not always so bad, because people can import themselves (so far) and some stores carry them. But just Bandai, Medicom very few people sell those.  

Goku for 30 dollars here is impossible. People buy it and resell for $100.

I really like Power Rangers, but their product is always expensive here. 

14 hours ago, FASVB said:

Goku for 30 dollars here is impossible. People buy it and resell for $100.

I really like Power Rangers, but their product is always expensive here. 

That’s a shame, man... One definitely relates, where it pertains to Doctor Who merchandise. Here, the figures and accessories and playsets are incredibly hard to come by, or cost a small fortune to get. It’s a regular pain in the rear.