Mortal Kombat 1/12 Smoke, Ermac & Rain Bloody Versions From Storm Collectibles

JayC

6 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Oh I meant Mezco sure has improved since then in regards to figure quality. And damn I hadn't heard about that. I got a notification that the bloody versions were going to be available soon but I honestly would rather wait for the clean versions even if they were more but I agree thats horrible, would have been better to just release an entirely new character as an exclusive, this is just pissing off their fan base.

I dont follow Mezco figs all that much so I have no idea how their sculpts compare to newer ones. I think the earthworm jim figure I have is from them tho. :D And it doesnt help that they keep putting staple characters i.e. Noob Saibot and now Ermac, Smoke AND Rain  as exclusives. Noob in general even in blood version is like $20 more than the standard 'ninja price'. I love spending more money on essentially the same sculpt with different accessories and paint app. 

3 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

Mezco ether had no plans to continue the line or the character selection of the 2nd wave did it in. It's saying allot the BBTS still has the 2nd wave available.

Those figures didnt impress me and I would assume most others as well. I dont think they sold well at all. I would assume they had 2 waves fully planned to begin with and didnt see any motivation to pursue a third because both waves came out very soon after one another. They will be a part of the slow discount at BBTS just like those he man style mk figures.. what a dumb idea imo. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

I dont follow Mezco figs all that much so I have no idea how their sculpts compare to newer ones. I think the earthworm jim figure I have is from them tho. :D And it doesnt help that they keep putting staple characters i.e. Noob Saibot and now Ermac, Smoke AND Rain  as exclusives. Noob in general even in blood version is like $20 more than the standard 'ninja price'. I love spending more money on essentially the same sculpt with different accessories and paint app. 

Those figures didnt impress me and I would assume most others as well. I dont think they sold well at all. I would assume they had 2 waves fully planned to begin with and didnt see any motivation to pursue a third because both waves came out very soon after one another. They will be a part of the slow discount at BBTS just like those he man style mk figures.. what a dumb idea imo.  

I assume they make them exclusives because of a smaller production run. No way demand for Noob Saibot and now Ermac, Smoke AND Rain matches demand of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile.

15 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

I assume they make them exclusives because of a smaller production run. No way demand for Noob Saibot and now Ermac, Smoke AND Rain matches demand of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile.

This is true as they were the first ninjas to be introduced in the game series and Sub and Scorpion are the poster boys of the series as a whole. But youd be surprised how hardcore MK fans are. You can believe there is high demand for Ermac, Smoke AND Rain. Remember they were all introduced back in MK3/Trilogy days back in 1996.. we are now coming up on MK 11. Thats over 20 years since they were introduced and the fandom is just as rabid as it was back then. 

I dont see how theyd have a smaller production run when they are still being distributed like a regular release with their blood variations. Noob makes the most sense to have as an exclusive as hes an all black figure and not much new aside from transparent plastic and 2 gore effects. But completely new characters(even tho noob is a completely new character as well) with all new accessories and more precise paint decos as exclusives doesnt make sense and then to have the regular versions be exclusive is just odd. Typically a company makes variants be exclusives as that requires very little retooling and they already have a production run of the molds. This is weirder since they ve been reusing the same mold already for the past figures theyve made. 

19 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

This is true as they were the first ninjas to be introduced in the game series and Sub and Scorpion are the poster boys of the series as a whole. But youd be surprised how hardcore MK fans are. You can believe there is high demand for Ermac, Smoke AND Rain. Remember they were all introduced back in MK3/Trilogy days back in 1996.. we are now coming up on MK 11. Thats over 20 years since they were introduced and the fandom is just as rabid as it was back then. 

I dont see how theyd have a smaller production run when they are still being distributed like a regular release with their blood variations. Noob makes the most sense to have as an exclusive as hes an all black figure and not much new aside from transparent plastic and 2 gore effects. But completely new characters(even tho noob is a completely new character as well) with all new accessories and more precise paint decos as exclusives doesnt make sense and then to have the regular versions be exclusive is just odd. Typically a company makes variants be exclusives as that requires very little retooling and they already have a production run of the molds. This is weirder since they ve been reusing the same mold already for the past figures theyve made. 

Smoke and Rain have actually been my favorite of the MK ninjas ever since I was a kid so I've been really excited for these guys. Any yeah I dont really understand what they were thinking making these exclusives. With Street Fighter and Tekken they just make 2nd player colors/costumes the exclusive but the main look is their regular release, they must know that most people prefer the clean versions of the MK figures, even from a buisness standpoint it doesn't make sense.

50 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

It's allot to ask a collector to purchase seven of the exact same sculpt at $55+. Casual fans and collectors will definitely not.

5 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

It's allot to ask a collector to purchase seven of the exact same sculpt at $55+. Casual fans and collectors will definitely not.

Not when there has rarely been any MK figures produced let alone quality ones. Ive noticed theres 2 types of people that collect Storm MK figures. Either A: they are diehard collectors that have known from the start that they exist and have been collecting their figs since the first figures or B: Collectors and fans that didnt know they existed and are just now coming into them and trying to play catch up. I dont know anyone thats just collected one ninja and thats it unless thats all they could grab due to limited quantities and selling out everywhere. 

IMO any one that is a fan of the series, and there are plenty, are already used to the idea of palette swaps and the same character models. They see the character and not the same sculpt. Collectors that like MK will buy all the figures they can get ahold of/ afford to get since there arent many other MK alternatives in the market. Casual collectors will maybe buy Scorpion and/or Subzero because they remember them from their childhood. Fans will buy what they can get. 

Also there are plenty of characters that fork over all kinds of money for many other brands of figures that cost as much if not even more. Figma figures come to mind. And they arent widely distributed either. 

For me these figs blow my friggin mind as finally there are great quality MK figures and I want all da ninjas. Gimme even Chameleon! :D 

48 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Not when there has rarely been any MK figures produced let alone quality ones. Ive noticed theres 2 types of people that collect Storm MK figures. Either A: they are diehard collectors that have known from the start that they exist and have been collecting their figs since the first figures or B: Collectors and fans that didnt know they existed and are just now coming into them and trying to play catch up. I dont know anyone thats just collected one ninja and thats it unless thats all they could grab due to limited quantities and selling out everywhere.  

IMO any one that is a fan of the series, and there are plenty, are already used to the idea of palette swaps and the same character models. They see the character and not the same sculpt. Collectors that like MK will buy all the figures they can get ahold of/ afford to get since there arent many other MK alternatives in the market. Casual collectors will maybe buy Scorpion and/or Subzero because they remember them from their childhood. Fans will buy what they can get.  

Also there are plenty of characters that fork over all kinds of money for many other brands of figures that cost as much if not even more. Figma figures come to mind. And they arent widely distributed either.  

For me these figs blow my friggin mind as finally there are great quality MK figures and I want all da ninjas. Gimme even Chameleon! :D 

As a fan of a fighting series you could not ask for a better product then what Storm is putting out.

2 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

As a fan of a fighting series you could not ask for a better product then what Storm is putting out.

I totally agree. I cant wait for their King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, and World Heroes properties and what else they bring out with the SF and MK licenses. So many more characters they could make. Also hopefully they bring out my boy Jack and some of my other favorites in Tekken. I like the Injustice games and all but not enough of a fan to get them in figure form. And now they are venturing out from fighting games and doing Golden Axe. I wonder how long until they grab Streets of Rage as well.

9 minutes ago, FlameOn said:

I wonder how well the blood will show on the red ninja. What was the point for repainting that one.

It is kind of funny since it looks like the same color. Altho the blood does show up well on the rest of him which is black. 

6 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

It is kind of funny since it looks like the same color. Altho the blood does show up well on the rest of him which is black. 

I guess, it kinda reminds me of how British people fought in red to hide their blood when they got shot or something. I guess it was supposed to hide weakness.

16 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

That’s a fair point... Were I able to afford them at all, I’d probably confine my purchases to what I consider to be the ‘main two’, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Just because they dominate my nostalgia, as it pertains to the MK series. The rest of them, I’m not nearly as familiar with, nor do I have much of a connection to.

12 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I totally agree. I cant wait for their King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, and World Heroes properties and what else they bring out with the SF and MK licenses. So many more characters they could make. Also hopefully they bring out my boy Jack and some of my other favorites in Tekken. I like the Injustice games and all but not enough of a fan to get them in figure form. And now they are venturing out from fighting games and doing Golden Axe. I wonder how long until they grab Streets of Rage as well.

I also would love to see more from Tekken, that and Mortal Kombat were my 2 go to fighting games for a long time.

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I also would love to see more from Tekken, that and Mortal Kombat were my 2 go to fighting games for a long time.

The newest iterations to both franchises are extremely good, if you have a way to play modern games you should check them out. The Tekken license they have is based off that new iteration, Tekken 7. Altho most characters havent changed much and they still have a large roster. MK on the other hand has changed alot in looks but just as fun and brutal. 

19 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

The newest iterations to both franchises are extremely good, if you have a way to play modern games you should check them out. The Tekken license they have is based off that new iteration, Tekken 7. Altho most characters havent changed much and they still have a large roster. MK on the other hand has changed alot in looks but just as fun and brutal. 

Oh totally, I've played just about every iteration of both franchises, the only thing I haven't played much of but I do own is Street Fighter V mainly because of how it was released with just training and online play. Originally I was going to wait for their ultimate edition but I think I heard somewhere that Capcom promised fans that there wouldn't be anymore editions and that everything could be earn for free if you don't mind a ridiculous grind fest online or just pay to get everything faster which really turned me off to the whole thing. I've always liked MK the most because theres always a bunch of actual unlockables, Tekken not so much lately.

2 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Oh totally, I've played just about every iteration of both franchises, the only thing I haven't played much of but I do own is Street Fighter V mainly because of how it was released with just training and online play. Originally I was going to wait for their ultimate edition but I think I heard somewhere that Capcom promised fans that there wouldn't be anymore editions and that everything could be earn for free if you don't mind a ridiculous grind fest online or just pay to get everything faster which really turned me off to the whole thing. I've always liked MK the most because theres always a bunch of actual unlockables, Tekken not so much lately.

Wellll theres still an edition, they added 'Arcade Edition' however its a free download that adds a few more things to the game. I was very bummed about the game when it first released (like most people) in its rough $60 'not beta' beta state. Its got alot better since then and they give the game frequent updates. That whole everything can be earned for free was kind of people assuming that and capcom not exactly re enforcing it. It should be "everything can be earned for free*       *SOME things can be earned for free but anything new coming out will be paid dlc. Theyve got alot better at that but its still a grind to get most things you want and better off buying the season passes (when cheap). Its definitely handled kind of bad if you are a completionist and want EVERYTHING in your fighter. They do weekly "challenges" that let you earn fight money and on occasion have these extra battles that help get more fight money if you win. They also have ways for you to earn specific costumes that pertain to characters from other capcom characters as costumes which is cool. The gameplay is still great and I have alot of fun playing friends but I dont do ranked as I m not dedicated enough to learn every in and out of a fighter. 

MK has always been pretty good at having traditional unlockables and alot more bang for your buck when it comes to content. The devs are owned by WB who looooooove dlc-ing the hell out of their games tho. Tekken is its own thing. They are doing more dlc in Tekken 7 but the content in the game is pretty good. I dont feel burned by them. 

13 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Wellll theres still an edition, they added 'Arcade Edition' however its a free download that adds a few more things to the game. I was very bummed about the game when it first released (like most people) in its rough $60 'not beta' beta state. Its got alot better since then and they give the game frequent updates. That whole everything can be earned for free was kind of people assuming that and capcom not exactly re enforcing it. It should be "everything can be earned for free*       *SOME things can be earned for free but anything new coming out will be paid dlc. Theyve got alot better at that but its still a grind to get most things you want and better off buying the season passes (when cheap). Its definitely handled kind of bad if you are a completionist and want EVERYTHING in your fighter. They do weekly "challenges" that let you earn fight money and on occasion have these extra battles that help get more fight money if you win. They also have ways for you to earn specific costumes that pertain to characters from other capcom characters as costumes which is cool. The gameplay is still great and I have alot of fun playing friends but I dont do ranked as I m not dedicated enough to learn every in and out of a fighter. 

MK has always been pretty good at having traditional unlockables and alot more bang for your buck when it comes to content. The devs are owned by WB who looooooove dlc-ing the hell out of their games tho. Tekken is its own thing. They are doing more dlc in Tekken 7 but the content in the game is pretty good. I dont feel burned by them. 

What has me hesitant is that whole completionist mentality lol For awhile I was really into Dead or Alive and paid $300+ for their season passes and they kept releasing more and more DLC that I just dropped the game altogether. I don't mind DLC or season passes but I hate having to pay for costumes or characters that should have been unlockable from the beginning.

36 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

What has me hesitant is that whole completionist mentality lol For awhile I was really into Dead or Alive and paid $300+ for their season passes and they kept releasing more and more DLC that I just dropped the game altogether. I don't mind DLC or season passes but I hate having to pay for costumes or characters that should have been unlockable from the beginning.

Holy #$## you spent that much on that game?! Honestly I rarely pay for costumes in sfv.. $4 for one costume is ludicrous. Lately theyve been putting them in bundles and then selling those at a discount price AND then putting a discount on those and thats when I buy them :D. I just wait patiently until they get to my price point. Ive bought season passes as well and dont mind them as long as they provide content that seems worth the value to me. SFV dlc doesnt seem like it was for DOA. DOA was a dress up game with fighting mixed in. As long as the game is fun, I spend my money where I feel its worth it overall. DLC and its practices vary from game to game for me. I dont blow a wad of money on dlc overall. Its weird altogether but Ive come back to SFV and have enjoyed it and i havent sunk alot of money into getting the costumes. (there are some for free you can actually get every month for fm that are capcom games themed). 

11 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Holy #$## you spent that much on that game?! Honestly I rarely pay for costumes in sfv.. $4 for one costume is ludicrous. Lately theyve been putting them in bundles and then selling those at a discount price AND then putting a discount on those and thats when I buy them :D. I just wait patiently until they get to my price point. Ive bought season passes as well and dont mind them as long as they provide content that seems worth the value to me. SFV dlc doesnt seem like it was for DOA. DOA was a dress up game with fighting mixed in. As long as the game is fun, I spend my money where I feel its worth it overall. DLC and its practices vary from game to game for me. I dont blow a wad of money on dlc overall. Its weird altogether but Ive come back to SFV and have enjoyed it and i havent sunk alot of money into getting the costumes. (there are some for free you can actually get every month for fm that are capcom games themed). 

Yep it was a moment of weakness and I was really into the game at the time and I've always regretted it but it was a good life lesson I suppose. I ended up buying a physical copy of the Arcade edition for $15 earlier since that comes with all the season 1 and 2 characters that way I can just earn the fight money for the season 3 and have more for costumes and stages so we'll see how that goes.

5 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yep it was a moment of weakness and I was really into the game at the time and I've always regretted it but it was a good life lesson I suppose. I ended up buying a physical copy of the Arcade edition for $15 earlier since that comes with all the season 1 and 2 characters that way I can just earn the fight money for the season 3 and have more for costumes and stages so we'll see how that goes.

They limited alot of the FM gain since arcade edition dropped. You used to get alot more for weekly challenges and you got some for doing other things like the demonstrations. Now you cant and only get FM for "leveling" a character. You may get enough with the 12 characters you got extra as Ive been doing it since the start but since I want all the characters to begin with, I ended up buying them eventually so i just didnt use fm for them. I dont even have all the stages with the stuff i have. Its still not great how the fm is utilized but the overall game is fun still. it has its moments.

So Im happy to say I will be able to cop these guys during NYCC (as long as they arent sold out beforehand). I hit up a buddy of mine that usually goes every year and hes down to snag them for me. Does anyone know if they sell Noob and or past "sold out' inventory like Scorpion at the conventions? 

6 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

They limited alot of the FM gain since arcade edition dropped. You used to get alot more for weekly challenges and you got some for doing other things like the demonstrations. Now you cant and only get FM for "leveling" a character. You may get enough with the 12 characters you got extra as Ive been doing it since the start but since I want all the characters to begin with, I ended up buying them eventually so i just didnt use fm for them. I dont even have all the stages with the stuff i have. Its still not great how the fm is utilized but the overall game is fun still. it has its moments.

I'll probably get what I can with FM then anything left I'll just buy if it seems too out of reach. I haven't looked at the DLC list, are there a lot of stages and costumes? One thought I had was if the season 3 pass is only $30 or so then maybe I could just use all the FM to buy the rest.

As to your other post, I don't know about conventions but Noob is available still on BBTS and TCP for $89.99, not sure if thats overpriced or not but its how much I paid for him last when he came out.

27 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'll probably get what I can with FM then anything left I'll just buy if it seems too out of reach. I haven't looked at the DLC list, are there a lot of stages and costumes? One thought I had was if the season 3 pass is only $30 or so then maybe I could just use all the FM to buy the rest.

As to your other post, I don't know about conventions but Noob is available still on BBTS and TCP for $89.99, not sure if thats overpriced or not but its how much I paid for him last when he came out.

There are like double the stages since the beginning and pretty much all the costumes aside from the original "story" costumes and extra battle monthly ones have to be bought with real money. When you buy a season pass, it not only gives you the characters but a costume for each fighter. They also dont restrict you from having colors for both costume and character.. if you use fight money for the characters you just get the character and their first 2 colors, the rest have to be earned via survival mode (which was revamped and alot easier to do now). 

BBTS raises their price for Noob by over $30 bucks. I cant warrant essentially paying as much as goro for the same mold of figures i already have (ironically). The figure sells at the conventions for $55 which is standard for them. Im just trying to see if i can snag it for essentially msrp and not pay out the ass from some other e-tailer making that quick buck. Most likely they dont sell either at the conventions but its worth a shot to grab if they do. 

29 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

There are like double the stages since the beginning and pretty much all the costumes aside from the original "story" costumes and extra battle monthly ones have to be bought with real money. When you buy a season pass, it not only gives you the characters but a costume for each fighter. They also dont restrict you from having colors for both costume and character.. if you use fight money for the characters you just get the character and their first 2 colors, the rest have to be earned via survival mode (which was revamped and alot easier to do now). 

BBTS raises their price for Noob by over $30 bucks. I cant warrant essentially paying as much as goro for the same mold of figures i already have (ironically). The figure sells at the conventions for $55 which is standard for them. Im just trying to see if i can snag it for essentially msrp and not pay out the ass from some other e-tailer making that quick buck. Most likely they dont sell either at the conventions but its worth a shot to grab if they do. 

Ah ok, do you know if the physical Arcade edition comes with the extra costumes that comes with the season passes or not? and so all the costumes can only be bought with real money? that part confused me. 

And yeah if your able to get them at msrp that would be the way to go. Lately I've learned to try to justify that paying for convenience should also be factored in but theres still I fine line between that and getting ripped off.