Mortal Kombat 1/12 Smoke, Ermac & Rain Bloody Versions From Storm Collectibles

JayC

Glad to see these arent at the extreme high con price as their respective original versions are. That is very surprising but I would assume since its a BBTS exclusive, BBTS is paying the extra cost. Looks like there is a chance i ll actually get them now.

This is great! I still need to get Scorpion and Sub Zero. Even being MK, I'd rather have the "clean" versions, but between these and nothing, I would be happy with these. Smoke is my favorite. The day I have Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile and Smoke I am a very happy man. 

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

This is great! I still need to get Scorpion and Sub Zero. Even being MK, I'd rather have the "clean" versions, but between these and nothing, I would be happy with these. Smoke is my favorite. The day I have Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile and Smoke I am a very happy man.  

Does Storm Collectibles intend to re-release Scorpion and Sub Zero by any chance ?

I'm not going to start a Mortal Kombat collection without the main Ninjas.

• Like 1

The MK Ninjas are awesome, but the real standouts of this line are Goro and Shao Kahn. Those figures look great! If I was bigger MK fan, I’d definitely pick them up. They really capture the characters in their designs.

I wouldn’t mind decking out an entire shelf with all of the non-bloodied ninjas from the MK series. I always really loved their overall motif and design.

18 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

Does Storm Collectibles intend to re-release Scorpion and Sub Zero by any chance ?

I'm not going to start a Mortal Kombat collection without the main Ninjas.

Doubtful since theyve not re released them before and the bloody versions of those came out later after the originals had released. All their stuff on their actual website sells out constantly. I dont think they have enough in production to meet demand half the time. Also since Scorp and Subby were their first major figs and the most iconic of their MK license, they werent prepared for the high demand of them. Definitely hoping they do re release them as I hesitated on Scorpion due to the price and the lack luster accessories that came with him but didnt on Subby as hes my favorite of the ninjas. Its weird having Reptile and Subzero but no Scorpion on my shelf. 

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Doubtful since theyve not re released them before and the bloody versions of those came out later after the originals had released. All their stuff on their actual website sells out constantly. I dont think they have enough in production to meet demand half the time. Also since Scorp and Subby were their first major figs and the most iconic of their MK license, they werent prepared for the high demand of them. Definitely hoping they do re release them as I hesitated on Scorpion due to the price and the lack luster accessories that came with him but didnt on Subby as hes my favorite of the ninjas. Its weird having Reptile and Subzero but no Scorpion on my shelf. 

Well their would be no better pair for a re-release.

Maybe they will release updated or alternate model versions of the two down the road.

2 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

Well their would be no better pair for a re-release.

Maybe they will release updated or alternate model versions of the two down the road.

Well they do seem to have the whole Mortal Kombat license as they have shown characters from MK2, MK3 and MKX so far. Its possible we ll see this ninja thing go back around with the MK3 ninjas. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Well they do seem to have the whole Mortal Kombat license as they have shown characters from MK2, MK3 and MKX so far. Its possible we ll see this ninja thing go back around with the MK3 ninjas. 

I went and looked over Storm Collectibles showing at SDCC. They did in fact have a Sub Zero based on MK3 on display.

1 hour ago, LimitedEdition said:

I went and looked over Storm Collectibles showing at SDCC. They did in fact have a Sub Zero based on MK3 on display.

Yeah thats the unmasked Sub Zero which didnt share anything from the MK3 ninjas and was unique to him and only him. It looked a little off and not as good as I was expecting. A few of their previews were like that.. Like the female ninjas. The only thing that makes me curious tho is alot of this stuff was in MK9 as well and the logo itself is MK9s but Goro and Shao Kahn are the classic versions that arent from that. Its really peculiar but I know for a fact they showed off a proto for MKX Scorpion so Id imagine they just have a general all around MK license. Im extremely excited for the cyber ninjas!

On 9/17/2018 at 12:45 PM, EvilHayato said:

Glad to see these arent at the extreme high con price as their respective original versions are. That is very surprising but I would assume since its a BBTS exclusive, BBTS is paying the extra cost. Looks like there is a chance i ll actually get them now.

I’m just kinda miffed that they have to be bloody variants. Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t want the bloodied versions, even if they are cheaper, and I could afford ‘em. I’d much rather have clean versions.

If they are smart enough they will re release them .Lots of collectors don't want to star the collection without them. Doing so the company would gather more fans and sell evemn more. I really hope that they are not like Mezco. 

11 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I’m just kinda miffed that they have to be bloody variants. Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t want the bloodied versions, even if they are cheaper, and I could afford ‘em. I’d much rather have clean versions.

Oh for sure. I d much rather have the regular versions than the variant ones but if its a choice of having the ninjas in general even if its only the bloodied versions or not having them at all/spending a #$## ton more money to get them, id much rather have the former. These are also technically imports as Storm is from Hong Kong so they arent widely distributed nor are they available in retail stores. They dont operate as conventionally as bigger toy companies so it feels like you gotta take what you can get while the getting is good otherwise miss out. 

• Like 1

Its always fun to see people comment on things they either have no interest in or ones that have no concept of the actual thing they dont care about. Also how could anyone not be impressed with these if you are a fan of the property? What more would you want out of it aside from a few more accessories? The overall aesthetics are spot on. smh. 

11 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Oh for sure. I d much rather have the regular versions than the variant ones but if its a choice of having the ninjas in general even if its only the bloodied versions or not having them at all/spending a #$## ton more money to get them, id much rather have the former. These are also technically imports as Storm is from Hong Kong so they arent widely distributed nor are they available in retail stores. They dont operate as conventionally as bigger toy companies so it feels like you gotta take what you can get while the getting is good otherwise miss out. 

Yea, I see what you’re saying... Might as well get ‘em while the getting’s good.

I think the problem with the bloody versions is that the blood is so lazily applied and I get that its supposed to be blood splatter so paint splatter should look fine except that the splatter isnt always sized correctly to scale with the figure and really just looks like someone dripped red paint over them which makes them less appealing to me.

4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I think the problem with the bloody versions is that the blood is so lazily applied and I get that its supposed to be blood splatter so paint splatter should look fine except that the splatter isnt always sized correctly to scale with the figure and really just looks like someone dripped red paint over them which makes them less appealing to me.

You hit the nail on the head.

If they could produce a realistic splash pattern on the figure I would be more inclined to not stick with the clean version.