Boss Fight Studio Announces Bucky O'Hare Bruiser The Betelgeusian Berserker Baboon Figure

JayC

Boss Fight Studio has announced the next figure for their 4" Bucky O'Hare line which will be a deluxe version the character known as Bruiser The Betelgeusian Berserker Baboon. Stay-tuned for more details to be released soon.
1 of 1

Loved Bucky O’Hare as a kid and was really excited to see the toy line revived by Boss Fight. That said, I was really hoping for an Al Negator announcement. That guy was my favorite character. A purple Leatherhead in space.

2CF1E263-B525-41C1-9C75-65697D4A5CFD.jpeg

• Like 1

Is there actually still a market for these Buck O’Hare figures these days? I mean, I guess there’d have to be, if they’re still making ‘em.

15 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Is there actually still a market for these Buck O’Hare figures these days? I mean, I guess there’d have to be, if they’re still making ‘em.

Nostalgia is king right now and companies are capitalizing on it. A lot of the small properties from the 80s/early 90s are getting attention.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

I'd love a retro TMNT line in this same style.

NECA is trying to meet that need, but they’re getting a lot of pushback from Playmates. NECA is trying to work a deal we’re they satisfy the collector’s market while Playmates fufills the kid toyline. Last I heard, negotiations weren’t going well. Because of that, some of the NECA TMNT items are limited to con exclusives.

If it was ever worked out between NECA and Playmates, I’d definitely pickup a few of the more unique villains; Leatherhead, Triceraton, etc.

2D58CA3E-1655-4FE7-9F1A-8952B681E9BF.jpeg

1 hour ago, GojiBill said:

NECA is trying to meet that need, but they’re getting a lot of pushback from Playmates. NECA is trying to work a deal we’re they satisfy the collector’s market while Playmates fufills the kid toyline. Last I heard, negotiations weren’t going well. Because of that, some of the NECA TMNT items are limited to con exclusives. 

If it was ever worked out between NECA and Playmates, I’d definitely pickup a few of the more unique villains; Leatherhead, Triceraton, etc.

Still waiting on word of new NECA TMNT releases.

I have the last two years NECA TMNT SDCC sets but would have to search the after market for matching game turtles for these releases.

17 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Seems they did find some middle ground, I´ve heard we´ll get some Gamestop exclusives (probably the ones on the pic)

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 7:17 PM, GojiBill said:

Loved Bucky O’Hare as a kid and was really excited to see the toy line revived by Boss Fight. That said, I was really hoping for an Al Negator announcement. That guy was my favorite character. A purple Leatherhead in space.

2CF1E263-B525-41C1-9C75-65697D4A5CFD.jpeg

That was my favorite character from that toyline back in the day when i was younger. Id love for them to make a new one! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chowy said:

Seems they did find some middle ground, I´ve heard we´ll get some Gamestop exclusives (probably the ones on the pic)

That would be awesome! I know NECA has been advocating for it. The last time I heard anything was back in July/August. Glad to hear they made some progress.

I’ve not followed the property very much, but seeing as the central character of this line is a rabbit, for all intents and purposes, why can’t we get more Usagi Yojimbo? I know there have been a few exclusives released of him, in the last few years. But, I wouldn’t mind picking up just a standard figure of him, at some point.

I'm glad to see they are doing more characters, I was bummed with the last wave being mostly repaints.

15 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I’ve not followed the property very much, but seeing as the central character of this line is a rabbit, for all intents and purposes, why can’t we get more Usagi Yojimbo? I know there have been a few exclusives released of him, in the last few years. But, I wouldn’t mind picking up just a standard figure of him, at some point.

I'm guessing the demand simply is not there.

14 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

I'm guessing the demand simply is not there.

That’s probably true. It tends to be a fickle medium, at times.