2018 NYCC Exclusive Street Fighter V - Chun-Li (Battle Costume) Figure From Storm Collectibles

JayC

2 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

Thanks for the still of the  crotch shot. This has convinced me even further to purchase this Storm release.

Just doing my part :D plus its easy to get a screen grab when her critical art is so "skinematic".  Glad I could help persuade you. 

On 9/19/2018 at 2:54 AM, sXeblues said:

I’m actually really looking forward to seeing those Golden Axe figures... Makes me want to go pop in my Genesis copy, again!

I'm with you on this one. They also announced Samurai Shodown. One of my favorite fighting games of all time. These figures are a bit hard to get here and prices are increasing fast. I have to cope with the fact that maybe I will never get the MK ones and Hopefully will get the unreleased ones. 

Golden Axe is one of my top favorites. If they decide to make Altered Beast too or Streets of Rage I will go berserk.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FASVB said:

I'm with you on this one. They also announced Samurai Shodown. One of my favorite fighting games of all time. These figures are a bit hard to get here and prices are increasing fast. I have to cope with the fact that maybe I will never get the MK ones and Hopefully will get the unreleased ones.  

Golden Axe is one of my top favorites. If they decide to make Altered Beast too or Streets of Rage I will go berserk.

Altered Beast is my choice here but the Beasts seems a little outside their current style. I don't know if I would want them in human form.

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

Oh man, Streets of Rage! That one’s right up there with Golden Axe, for me. Even though I cannot play it, I about lost it when somebody tipped me off to the trailer for the new Streets game that just came out.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

Oh man, Streets of Rage! That one’s right up there with Golden Axe, for me. Even though I cannot play it, I about lost it when somebody tipped me off to the trailer for the new Streets game that just came out.

What do you mean???

29 minutes ago, FASVB said:

What do you mean???

Streets of Rage 4, I guess is what it is... They recently (in the last few weeks) released a trailer for it.

8 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Streets of Rage 4, I guess is what it is... They recently (in the last few weeks) released a trailer for it.

Looking awesome, but is this for real? Also there are two characters missing. 

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

Looking awesome, but is this for real? Also there are two characters missing. 

Its real. Its being developed by DotEmu who have done alot of different games as well as some ports. They are also working on Windjammers 2 which was also recently announced. If you dont know what that is, you should really check it out. A very underrated old arcade game that is seeing a huge resurgence. This trailer is really just a teaser. They may or may not have all the characters you want. If you ever played 2 and 3, they had introduced a few different characters between the two games. This may do the same or redesign some of the old favorites like blaze and roo for example. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Its real. Its being developed by DotEmu who have done alot of different games as well as some ports. They are also working on Windjammers 2 which was also recently announced. If you dont know what that is, you should really check it out. A very underrated old arcade game that is seeing a huge resurgence. This trailer is really just a teaser. They may or may not have all the characters you want. If you ever played 2 and 3, they had introduced a few different characters between the two games. This may do the same or redesign some of the old favorites like blaze and roo for example. 

Awesome! I always liked Blaze better than Axl. She is more fun. 

^ I’ll be looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay... I pretty much have to resort to living vicariously that way these days, apart from some of the old Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1 & PS2 games I still own.

5 hours ago, sXeblues said:

^ I’ll be looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay... I pretty much have to resort to living vicariously that way these days, apart from some of the old Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1 & PS2 games I still own.

If you have a computer, you can always resort to emulators. Just buy an xbox 360 controller and look up emulators and you can play all kinds of new-ish games for no extra charge. I play gamecube and wii games and ps2 games on my comp from time to time. Sometimes I like to just escape this generation of how games are handled and go back to the 'wonder years' of gamings past. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

If you have a computer, you can always resort to emulators. Just buy an xbox 360 controller and look up emulators and you can play all kinds of new-ish games for no extra charge. I play gamecube and wii games and ps2 games on my comp from time to time. Sometimes I like to just escape this generation of how games are handled and go back to the 'wonder years' of gamings past. 

I’m only set up with a smartphone, at the moment, so don’t have anything to trick out with emulators... But, a friend of mine has basically built for himself the equivalent of a Nintendo Classic — but with hundreds of classic games, spanning NES, SNES, Genesis and all of that — using something called a ‘Raspberry Pi’? He even custom made the shell it fits into to look like an original, albeit undersized NES, with third party controllers that are swappable with Sega reproductions and such.

Now, if I could do all that, I’d be in hog heaven, lol.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

I’m only set up with a smartphone, at the moment, so don’t have anything to trick out with emulators... But, a friend of mine has basically built for himself the equivalent of a Nintendo Classic — but with hundreds of classic games, spanning NES, SNES, Genesis and all of that — using something called a ‘Raspberry Pi’? He even custom made the shell it fits into to look like an original, albeit undersized NES, with third party controllers that are swappable with Sega reproductions and such.

Now, if I could do all that, I’d be in hog heaven, lol.

ironically if you have an android phone, you have far more ways to access emulators than you could ever dream of. yeah rapsberry pi's are fun and a cheap and easy alternative to doing emulators on your computer if you dont have access to a computer. There are alot of cases you can buy to resemble their favorite respective consoles of yesteryear in small compact fun. 

6 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

ironically if you have an android phone, you have far more ways to access emulators than you could ever dream of. yeah rapsberry pi's are fun and a cheap and easy alternative to doing emulators on your computer if you dont have access to a computer. There are alot of cases you can buy to resemble their favorite respective consoles of yesteryear in small compact fun. 

My phone isn’t an android, sadly... But, even though its cache of memory space would probably allow for a few games and/or emulators, I actually chiefly use it for content creation on Youtube and such. So, I’d probably want a whole separate device strictly for games, were I able to afford it.

6 hours ago, Dr_Pest said:

I hope storm collectibles don’t try and make Every one of her customers in the game, she has like 16.

940EFCC4-6947-4BC4-AE3B-6C701C6BFECF.jpeg

They wont, the 'hot" chun li costume is like her most popular new look. Just like they did for the 'hot' ryu with beard. Those 2 were the most popular of the costumes from the game when the game came out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so whats the deal with this figure? Shes not up for sale on any site and on ebay shes going for almost $200. I get that its a popular costume and all but literally none of the other Storm Street Fighter figures are hard to get including all the past exclusives. Were they only offering her signed by the artist or something? I'd really like to get her but I'm not paying quadruple what shes worth thats for damn sure.

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Ok so whats the deal with this figure? Shes not up for sale on any site and on ebay shes going for almost $200. I get that its a popular costume and all but literally none of the other Storm Street Fighter figures are hard to get including all the past exclusives. Were they only offering her signed by the artist or something? I'd really like to get her but I'm not paying quadruple what shes worth thats for damn sure.

Ive noticed she hasnt gone up for presale anywhere too. Im glad Im not really into Storms SFV figures or a completionist because id be infuriated how they are handling their exclusives.