Diamond Select Toys Returns to New York Comic-Con

JayC

New York Comic-Con is approaching, and Diamond Select Toys is prepping a massive presence at the show, with cases of advance prototypes, shelves of products for sale, a panel, two signings and an exclusive! Read on for details, and come see us at booth 1644!

Starting Thursday, Oct. 4, DST will offer an exclusive Minimate of the Battle Beast Desmodius, a fearsome black bat armed with a sword and glaive. Measuring approximately 2 inches tall, and featuring 14 points of articulation, it is fully interchangeable with all Minimates mini-figures. It will come packaged in a clear polybag with hangtag, and sell for $6.

DST’s panel and signings will happen on Saturday, Oct. 6, and feature designers Nelson X. Asencio (Marvel Gallery, Milestones, Premier) and Caesar (Marvel Gallery, DC Gallery), and sculptors Eli Livingston (Alien, Predator, Cthulhu) and Jean St. Jean (Classic Batman, Marvel Select, Premier). DST President Chuck Terceira will also be on hand for the panel from 12:00-1:00 in Room 1C03.

Following the panel, the designer signing will run from 1:30 to 2:30, and the sculptor signing will happen from 2:30 to 3:30, both at booth 1644. There will be free postcards on hand for them to sign, but fans are welcome to bring their own items, as well as purchase items in the DST store.

See you in New York!

Battle Beasts Desmodius.jpg

DesmodiusHeaderSm.jpg

DesmodiusWhite.jpg

I doubt I’ll ever be able to get out to any conventions, in my life... Lest one as big as an SDCC or NYCC. There’s probably both good and bad in that being the case, though.

15 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I doubt I’ll ever be able to get out to any conventions, in my life... Lest one as big as an SDCC or NYCC. There’s probably both good and bad in that being the case, though.

I've collected my whole life and have never made it out to SDCC or NYCC.

I'm just not about spending the travel expenses to wait in line for exclusives all day.

1 hour ago, LimitedEdition said:

I've collected my whole life and have never made it out to SDCC or NYCC.

I'm just not about spending the travel expenses to wait in line for exclusives all day.

Truth be told, even if I had the money to spend, I dunno if I’d want to deal with that kinda madness.

20 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

They did it was called Beast Saga, launched in Japan by Takara and quickly cancelled due to poor sales.

Oh yea, I remember them. I can see why they failed. They may have been a continuation, but IMO, they lacked the charm and unique look of the 80s series. The new line was boxy and ugly looking.

4 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

Oh yea, I remember them. I can see why they failed. They may have been a continuation, but IMO, they lacked the charm and unique look of the 80s series. The new line was boxy and ugly looking.

Exactly right no charm. The originals may be worth picking up to display in a Masterpiece scale collection.

15 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

Kind of a bizarre looking creature. He'd look better if he didn't have that Minimates vibe to him. But it is what it is. 

Yea, I didn’t even realize until I looked up close at the picture, that his torso is basically just a brick. ?

On 9/16/2018 at 6:16 PM, ShemShem said:

Reminds me of Man-Bat.

Agreed... That was something else I was reminded of, looking at this piece.

14 hours ago, LimitedEdition said:

The lego brick with detailed overlays just do not mesh well to me.

Yea, I very much agree. And, that’s coming from somebody that is usually okay with — but not fanatical over — Lego.

Damn! I really wish I could attend! A hve lots of Marvel Selects and Jean St Jean is one of my favorite sculptors.  His work is amazing.