DC Comics Ikemen Damian Wayne Robin Statue From Kotobukiya

JayC

Kotobukiya is branching out into an all new statue concept with Ikemen. Similar to the popular Bishoujo series, this fantastic expansion is a lineup of popular characters re-designed by the famous Japanese illustrator Ricken in the Japanese Ikemen ("handsome men") style!

The fourth entry in the series is the biological son of Batman, Damian Wayne in his role as Robin! The sculpting of Damian’s slim yet slightly toned form gives you a glimpse his duality as both a young man and a hero, making this IKEMEN a must for all Damian fans! The figure stands 4.92 (12.50cm). You can pre-order this now at BigBadToyStore.com.

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-01.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-02.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-03.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-04.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-05.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-06.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-07.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-08.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-09.jpg

DC-Comics-Ikemen-Robin-10.jpg

I’m guessing that the point of this line is to put them all on display together? As, a singular, kneeling Damian seems a little odd, to me.

56 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

Need a image of the set together. Squatting Robin while not looking bad does nothing for me on its own.

Yea, my sentiments exactly.

1 minute ago, LimitedEdition said:

I can't get into Anime style Statues based on American Comic art.

It all depends for me, usually on a case by case basis. Sometimes it works. Sometimes, not.

Well this line is meant to appeal more towards girls so maybe the squatting has something to do with it.

I have only saw Night wing and it was unsettling enough.  I can't even begin to describe my feeling towards this one. Well Japanese fans have a peculiar aesthetic, that is for sure. But man, this one looks so weird. 

5 hours ago, FASVB said:

I have only saw Night wing and it was unsettling enough.  I can't even begin to describe my feeling towards this one. Well Japanese fans have a peculiar aesthetic, that is for sure. But man, this one looks so weird. 

I just Googled that one, to have a look... And, I’m gonna go with what @NeedlessImmortals said above; I think this line is probably made more so to appeal to girls — or anybody who’s into this particular style. They’re all kind of rocking what I’d probably refer to as ‘pretty boy’ poses and expressions, to that end, I think.

Certainly not my particular taste. But, at least I understand it, now that I see what they’re actually going for.

28 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

I just Googled that one, to have a look... And, I’m gonna go with what @NeedlessImmortals said above; I think this line is probably made more so to appeal to girls — or anybody who’s into this particular style. They’re all kind of rocking what I’d probably refer to as ‘pretty boy’ poses and expressions, to that end, I think.

Certainly not my particular taste. But, at least I understand it, now that I see what they’re actually going for.

They really aren't bad looking statues, if you think about it the entire Bat family is made up of very attractive fit people so I'd go as far as to say that this is probably what they look like anyways so I think while it is obviously aimed towards a specific demographic I think anyone could own these guys without feeling ashamed or uneasy, I know I would pick them up if I had more disposable income and shelf space and would just pose them up next to all the Koto Bat girls I own lol

16 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

They really aren't bad looking statues, if you think about it the entire Bat family is made up of very attractive fit people so I'd go as far as to say that this is probably what they look like anyways so I think while it is obviously aimed towards a specific demographic I think anyone could own these guys without feeling ashamed or uneasy, I know I would pick them up if I had more disposable income and shelf space and would just pose them up next to all the Koto Bat girls I own lol

This is true... Turnabout is fair play, after all. Because it’s not like there aren’t an abundance of fit looking female statues out there, lol.

23 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

This is true... Turnabout is fair play, after all. Because it’s not like there aren’t an abundance of fit looking female statues out there, lol.

I remember back in high school I started collecting statues of various anime girls and wishing they would make some male statues because my mom looked at me weird every time she came in my room and saw them lol

• Haha 1

LOL, I think I had a similar issue in my early teens, just reversed. As I would have all these male superhero figures strewn all over my room, and I’d be thinking, ‘can’t there be more female figures that I can pad out my room with?’ This being before I got to the point where I stopped caring what someone else might think about it.

I’ve come a long way since then. Nowadays, I think you should own whatever your interests are. Own them and enjoy ‘em to the fullest, rather than be fearful that somebody else might look at you in a poor light because of it.

24 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

LOL, I think I had a similar issue in my early teens, just reversed. As I would have all these male superhero figures strewn all over my room, and I’d be thinking, ‘can’t there be more female figures that I can pad out my room with?’ This being before I got to the point where I stopped caring what someone else might think about it.

I’ve come a long way since then. Nowadays, I think you should own whatever your interests are. Own them and enjoy ‘em to the fullest, rather than be fearful that somebody else might look at you in a poor light because of it.

Well I agree to a point. As a straight male I'm obviously drawn to sexy looking female characters so for awhile I had a bunch of anime girl statues and wall scrolls thinking it was no different than having sports illustrated and car babe posters but there is a difference lol one day I walked into my room and realized that there was no way I was ever getting laid with a room looking like that lol These days I have a much better balance of everything I like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I remember back in high school I started collecting statues of various anime girls and wishing they would make some male statues because my mom looked at me weird every time she came in my room and saw them lol

Have you ever seen any of Shartimus Prime's videos? Have you noticed how he poses his statues?  Hilarious. The poses are good tho. 

Anyways, the japanese aesthetic is different from ours, mostly. Not a bad thing or wrong or anything like that. Just  not my cup of tea.

If they were action figures, I would maybe considere it.

8 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Have you ever seen any of Shartimus Prime's videos? Have you noticed how he poses his statues?  Hilarious. The poses are good tho. 

Anyways, the japanese aesthetic is different from ours, mostly. Not a bad thing or wrong or anything like that. Just  not my cup of tea.

If they were action figures, I would maybe considere it.

lol Yep I watch his videos all the time. I think the majority of his statue collection is Kotobukiya, I collect those but I also have the more revealing stuff from other manufacturers as well so sometimes I find it funny when Shartimus makes a big deal over certain booty poses compared to others that are out there, the Sideshow Fathom statue comes to mind, only because its right next to me lol

1 hour ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

lol Yep I watch his videos all the time. I think the majority of his statue collection is Kotobukiya, I collect those but I also have the more revealing stuff from other manufacturers as well so sometimes I find it funny when Shartimus makes a big deal over certain booty poses compared to others that are out there, the Sideshow Fathom statue comes to mind, only because its right next to me lol

Remember "guess that butt" feat. Sharlita One? 

I am not into statues. I have mentioned this here like a few times. If I could by something expensive that is at the same time very well made and sexy, I would buy those Phicen.  Red Sonja is awesome and Lady Death too.  

10 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Remember "guess that butt" feat. Sharlita One? 

I am not into statues. I have mentioned this here like a few times. If I could by something expensive that is at the same time very well made and sexy, I would buy those Phicen.  Red Sonja is awesome and Lady Death too.  

I think I started watching his channel a little after those. I started watching around the first wave of MCU Marvel Legends. 

Phicens are nice but I feel they are best used as body replacements. The figures that actually are sold with them like the Red Sonja, Vampirella, and the Super Duck stuff all use very generic face sculpts to avoid copy rights. So while its nice to have anatomically correct figures it does lose its appeal after awhile and comes more to making that character look as real as possible. Also, I'm not sure what your price range you consider expensive, it changes with everyone depending on finances and circumstances but Phicen bodies are usually around $55 and $27 for a head, and anywhere around $10-30 for clothes depending on what your going for and the Box sets are usually around $120-140 which at least compared to Hot Toys is a really great deal if your only after the female characters.  

^ I’ve seen a few video reviews showing off Phicens, and, at the time, I didn’t really get the appeal, as they never seemed to actually mesh well between the skin tones of the bodies, and the heads. Especially where they would swap the bodies out with Hot Toys product, and such.

I guess the major appeal is the price point, based on what you said. I mean, I suppose there are those who would claim to be sticklers for anatomical figure bodies. But, I never really found it necessary for my figures to have all of that going on, underneath the clothes.