Storm Collectibles Announces 1/12 Scale Figures Based On Sega's Golden Axe Arcade Game

JayC

Storm Collectibles is going old school announcing they will be doing 1/12 figures based on the classic Sega video game Golden Axe, which was a side-scrolling game released back in 1989 originally for the Sega 16 Bit home console system and later ported to the Sega Genesis. The game takes place in a Conan The Barbarian type setting and features three hero characters named Gilius Thunderhead who is a dwarf, Ax Battler who uses a two-handed broadsword and the amazon Tyris Flare. They face off against the villain who is named Death Adder.

No specifics for this line have been released, but stay-tuned for more details on this as they become available.
1 of 1

The nostalgia spot was hit hard on this one!  I played this like 3 weeks ago and man it was fun to remember my childhood

Back in the day this game was very hard and all the bosses were hard to beat. I hope they also include some mounts. Another home run for Storm Collectibles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I still love popping in my Genesis version of Golden Axe, on occasion... This totally hit me in a nostalgic vein. I can’t wait to see more!

I recently got my first Storm collectibles figure and though I had heard good things I was really impressed with the quality of the figure, I really hope they keep growing (just dont be like Mafex of Play arts that as soon as they became well known companies they rised their prices like crazy, I can undestand the yearly increase in plastics and productions but some of these companies just keep rising their prices with every other new figure they put out) that being said Golden Axe seems like a good fit for Storm Collectibles, not really intrested in them but for the sake of more lines I hope they do well. Anyone else except for me would be pumped for an Altered Beast line from Storm Collectibles. Maybe Final Fight?

3 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Maybe Final Fight?

If they have golden axe the only logical next step is Streets of Rage.