'Swamp Thing' Enlists Len Wiseman To Direct Pilot

Outsiders

The pilot for the live-action drama Swamp Thing will be directed and executive produced by Len Wiseman.  The forthcoming DC Universe SVOD platform, which is set to premiere in 2019 is based on DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson.  The project was picked up to series after a brief time in development. Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman are attached to co-write the script, serve as showrunners and executive produce.

The drama follows what happens when CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus. There, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be gone after all.

James Wan will also executive produce alongside his Atomic Monster banner topper Michael Clear, with the company's Rob Hackett set as a co-executive producer.

Source: THR

Swamp-Thing-DC.jpg

This is good news I love the majority of Len Weisman's work he has great cinematography in his movies with a nice dark environment that would work well in this series. I was a fan of the old series and the movies so hopefully this one will be good, not that I'm gonna subscribe to DC's streaming service.

20 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

not that I'm gonna subscribe to DC's streaming service.

As it stands, I already subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Funimation, plus I'm shopping around for a Live TV streaming service that's supported by my platform of choice (PS 4). Even if I had that kind of money to burn, how many streaming services should one person subscribe to on the possibility you might like one or two of the shows on them?

Bottom line, Joe Average doesn't have the green to throw at every streamer that comes down the pike, and the people who do have that kind of disposable income don't get it by throwing their money away recklessly.

Keep your eyes open, we're about to see another implosion just like the comic book and syndicated TV "network" crashes of the 90s.

I'm subscribed to Hulu, Netflix and Direct TV Now for live TV so I'm not interested in getting yet another subscription service nor can I afford it. It seems that every multimedia company  is scrambling to get a subscription service and have exclusive content and it's not gonna work out for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 7:11 PM, mako said:

As it stands, I already subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and Funimation, plus I'm shopping around for a Live TV streaming service that's supported by my platform of choice (PS 4). Even if I had that kind of money to burn, how many streaming services should one person subscribe to on the possibility you might like one or two of the shows on them?

Bottom line, Joe Average doesn't have the green to throw at every streamer that comes down the pike, and the people who do have that kind of disposable income don't get it by throwing their money away recklessly.

Keep your eyes open, we're about to see another implosion just like the comic book and syndicated TV "network" crashes of the 90s.

There really are way too many streaming services, I just buy my shows and movies physically. I may get a service if all these companies decide to get together to make an affordable bundle but until then its not worth it to me.

8 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

There really are way too many streaming services, I just buy my shows and movies physically. I may get a service if all these companies decide to get together to make an affordable bundle but until then its not worth it to me.

That's the way to go. You can pick and choose the shows you actually want to see, and with DVD/Blu-Ray you don't have to worry about your show being dropped at a moments notice.

3 hours ago, mako said:

That's the way to go. You can pick and choose the shows you actually want to see, and with DVD/Blu-Ray you don't have to worry about your show being dropped at a moments notice.

Yep if there ever comes a day when there isn't any internet or the power goes out I can just hook up my tv up to a generator and I'm set ?

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:29 AM, NeedlessImmortals said:

Yep if there ever comes a day when there isn't any internet or the power goes out I can just hook up my tv up to a generator and I'm set ?

I usually go for my portable DVD player, but whatever works for you.

Despite not having any attachment to the characters, I want to watch it. Actually I want this thing to be successful ao may they can expand to other countries.  It would be awesome to have a place that I can watch all DC content, all the cartoons old and new and the DC animation that is just amazing.