Overwatch figma D.Va Figure From Good Smile Company

JayC

Good Smile Company, Inc., today announced that D.Va will be the next character from Overwatch, Blizzard Entertainment’s internationally acclaimed team shooter, to become part of Good Smile Company's figma series of collectible figurines, joining the previously announced figma Tracer, Genji, Widowmaker and Reaper.

From the globally popular multiplayer first-person shooter Overwatch comes a figma of D.Va!

・ The smooth yet posable figma joints allow you to act out a variety of different scenes.
・ A flexible plastic is used in specific areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
・ She comes with three face plates including a standard smile, a winky face and a gum chewing face.
・ Optional parts include her Light Gun, a bubble gum bubble and her smartphone.
・ An alternate head part featuring the hat from the animated short as well as a soda can are also included.
・ Also included is an articulated figma stand to facilitate various exciting poses.

Check out images for the figure below. You can pre-order this now from our sponsor HobbyLinkJapan.com.

gsc90623_1.jpg

gsc90623_2.jpg

gsc90623_3.jpg

gsc90623_4.jpg

gsc90623_5.jpg

gsc90623_6.jpg

• Like 1

Never been able to play Overwatch, but man do I love the look of D.Va, and this figure version of her, in particular... It is one beautiful piece! ?

12 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Never been able to play Overwatch, but man do I love the look of D.Va, and this figure version of her, in particular... It is one beautiful piece! ?

I am with you. I don't care much about the game, but I can appreciate a beautiful figure when I see one. 

She looks even better than Tracer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FASVB said:

I am with you. I don't care much about the game, but I can appreciate a beautiful figure when I see one. 

She looks even better than Tracer. 

Agreed. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Looking back over this figure, it’s that selfie pose that really strikes me... Seems like more and more characters are getting in on the smartphone / social media gimmick. Not that I’m complaining, lol.

D6EAE8B7-254B-400B-9D12-B6A8341C9175.jpeg

6A639E68-AF71-44FB-8FF0-1D7D49586C0B.png

6 hours ago, sXeblues said:

Looking back over this figure, it’s that selfie pose that really strikes me... Seems like more and more characters are getting in on the smartphone / social media gimmick. Not that I’m complaining, lol.

D6EAE8B7-254B-400B-9D12-B6A8341C9175.jpeg

6A639E68-AF71-44FB-8FF0-1D7D49586C0B.png

Have you played the game? If you are unfamiliar with the character, she is like an asian teen pro gamer that is all about those 2 cultures. Im surprised she doesnt come with a generic doritos bag and generic mountain dew as thats a joke with her. Shes also a mech pilot and in the game she actually pilots it but when her health is low, it explodes and she runs around like this with her pistol. 

I hope they bring out her Meka at some point as well. It will probably be insanely expensive since these small figs are already really pricey but it would be an amazing set of figs if they do. If i had the money, I would buy it as shes one of my favorite characters from overwatch. Honestly if I had the cash, Id buy all of these figs as their character designs are amazing.

48 minutes ago, JonD7 said:

Oh man... These figmas are killing me, now I want this more than Zen, Lord help me if Soldier 76 is next, I'll cave and buy em all.

They already released Genji and Tracer and Reaper and Widowmaker are coming soon. Theyve all looked amazing price destroys these for me sadly. 

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

They already released Genji and Tracer and Reaper and Widowmaker are coming soon. Theyve all looked amazing price destroys these for me sadly. 

Damn, I know I'll cave if I even attempt to look them up, friggin obsessed with this game. XD

52 minutes ago, JonD7 said:

Damn, I know I'll cave if I even attempt to look them up, friggin obsessed with this game. XD

Yeah I love the game as well.. more so with the character design and art. I bought the art of overwatch book many months ago and its fantastic. The game itself is great but the whole esports and everything that plagues hardcore online only multiplayer games skill gap tends to really kill games like that for me. Its still fun when I play online with friends whenever they play tho. 

51 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Yeah I love the game as well.. more so with the character design and art. I bought the art of overwatch book many months ago and its fantastic. The game itself is great but the whole esports and everything that plagues hardcore online only multiplayer games skill gap tends to really kill games like that for me. Its still fun when I play online with friends whenever they play tho. 

Completely agree with you, I love everything about this game but the community is so toxic and the cheating is REALLY bad now, I nearly quit online gaming because of it, actually.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

she is like an asian teen pro gamer that is all about those 2 cultures. Im surprised she doesnt come with a generic doritos bag and generic mountain dew as thats a joke with her. Shes also a mech pilot and in the game she actually pilots it but when her health is low, it explodes and she runs around like this with her pistol.

No, sadly I don’t have the means to play the game — so I didn’t know any of that about her. I’ve just been really impressed with a lot of the character designs. They fall in line with my occasionally picking up, or considering picking up, at least, figures that just look really cool, even if I’m not very familiar with the property that they’re based on. And, were it not for the price points on a lot of them, especially with a quirky personality to match the badass look of the figure itself, I’d definitely pick one up.

23 minutes ago, JonD7 said:

Completely agree with you, I love everything about this game but the community is so toxic and the cheating is REALLY bad now, I nearly quit online gaming because of it, actually.

It sucks how gaming communities sour like that, over time... I’ve followed gaming channels on Youtube where, Overwatch and similar titles, League of Legends, et al, were something they were mostly known for, and eventually they gravitated away from such games because they were fed up with the stress being put on them by the community.

Ironically, other channels I follow that do still play the game, never made their gameplays the primary focus of their channels. So, in some cases I guess it could be chalked up to franchise fatigue. But still, it seems every echelon of fandom these days is getting overly toxic. And I hate it.

1 hour ago, sXeblues said:

It sucks how gaming communities sour like that, over time... I’ve followed gaming channels on Youtube where, Overwatch and similar titles, League of Legends, et al, were something they were mostly known for, and eventually they gravitated away from such games because they were fed up with the stress being put on them by the community.

Ironically, other channels I follow that do still play the game, never made their gameplays the primary focus of their channels. So, in some cases I guess it could be chalked up to franchise fatigue. But still, it seems every echelon of fandom these days is getting overly toxic. And I hate it.

The more integrated the competitive nature of a game is and the more online they get and popular the titles get, the more toxic it essentially becomes. It gets the attention from everyone and with the freedom of the internet and its anonymity, assholes come out of the woodwork with no repercussions. Alot of the gaming communities just let it happen and dont do anything about it. Some game companies now are actually finally cracking down on this nonsense tho and hopefully it becomes a norm. It hits a fine line of sensitive and overly sensitivity to things tho. There cant be a good middle ground as one thing can be thought as fine ends up being looked at as bannable. Online games for me now have become worse and worse as the esports scene grows and grows. Its no longer for fun leisure and chilling out online. You always face someone thats a tryhard that is "practicing" to go pro or is going out of their way to grief someone that doesnt play the games as often. Someone out there always has more time on their hands than you.   

6 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

The more integrated the competitive nature of a game is and the more online they get and popular the titles get, the more toxic it essentially becomes. It gets the attention from everyone and with the freedom of the internet and its anonymity, assholes come out of the woodwork with no repercussions. Alot of the gaming communities just let it happen and dont do anything about it. Some game companies now are actually finally cracking down on this nonsense tho and hopefully it becomes a norm. It hits a fine line of sensitive and overly sensitivity to things tho. There cant be a good middle ground as one thing can be thought as fine ends up being looked at as bannable. Online games for me now have become worse and worse as the esports scene grows and grows. Its no longer for fun leisure and chilling out online. You always face someone thats a tryhard that is "practicing" to go pro or is going out of their way to grief someone that doesnt play the games as often. Someone out there always has more time on their hands than you.   

Yea, the immense pressure and pompous level of entitlement that some of those types of games wind up brewing, especially within the e-sports genre, from all of the horror stories I’ve heard, can really come across as ludicrous at times — especially as an outsider only cursorily looking in at it. I’m always left wondering why people let it effect themselves so deeply. But, that’s just kind of human nature, where it pertains to anything uber competitive, I guess.

I am gonna put my 2 cent on this. 

I don't lpaly any of those games. Overwatch, LoL, Fortnite and such. I have only played WoW for like 2 years and then I stopped, unfortunately because I liked a lot. 

So I am offline for a while now, game wise. The thing is, when I used to play, I was all about getting quests and going solo.  I avoided PvP areas and when going through one, it was just passing by. The moment you entered in those areas people out of nowhere wanted to challenge you and if you refused they would  get pissed and start calling you names.

To me is a deeper thing. It's not just sense of competition and wanting to win or show that you are better. It is the lack of education and limits. You are free to do whatever, as long that it doesn't hurt physically or takes away the right of someone else.   If people say no, it's no. The bottom line is respect. Maybe like you guys said, some people have trouble to separate online life from the offline one. Go and put their frustrations there and want to get back at something.  Sure, some people are just highly competitive and want to win all the time.  The thing is, go have your fun and let people have theirs.

I also used to play CS a long time ago and we went like 30 people to a place and stay overnight playing just for fun, like once a month. I sucked at that game, but it was fun and we had respect for each other.  

43 minutes ago, FASVB said:

I am gonna put my 2 cent on this. 

I don't lpaly any of those games. Overwatch, LoL, Fortnite and such. I have only played WoW for like 2 years and then I stopped, unfortunately because I liked a lot. 

So I am offline for a while now, game wise. The thing is, when I used to play, I was all about getting quests and going solo.  I avoided PvP areas and when going through one, it was just passing by. The moment you entered in those areas people out of nowhere wanted to challenge you and if you refused they would  get pissed and start calling you names.

To me is a deeper thing. It's not just sense of competition and wanting to win or show that you are better. It is the lack of education and limits. You are free to do whatever, as long that it doesn't hurt physically or takes away the right of someone else.   If people say no, it's no. The bottom line is respect. Maybe like you guys said, some people have trouble to separate online life from the offline one. Go and put their frustrations there and want to get back at something.  Sure, some people are just highly competitive and want to win all the time.  The thing is, go have your fun and let people have theirs.

I also used to play CS a long time ago and we went like 30 people to a place and stay overnight playing just for fun, like once a month. I sucked at that game, but it was fun and we had respect for each other.  

Wow at least is primarily a co op type of game. The pvp is an option. Most games nowadays have to tack on a multiplayer aspect if not the whole game is purely online and pvp only. Call of Duty for instance, the new one no longer has a single play campaign, its all multiplayer based. I dont mind a challenge in my games from time to time but usually when I game, I do it to unwind and be entertained. I dont want to feel like I have to train and learn ever minutiae of a game. When you go online, you almost have to to enjoy yourself and then if you dont you are looked at as a casual like thats a bad thing. Sorry guys, I have more of a life than playing this game all day every day. But the thing is, online toxicity is more based on children being brought up in an online digital world and the adults that never grew up from being children, the man babys. The anonymity of the internet also helps them say whatever they want and not have any consequences for being toxic in the first place. 

I dont even like CS and that concept of having 30 friends and people meet up and play in a LAN sounds fantastic. Thats the kind of environment I wish would be like online. Just people having fun and playing games together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I dont even like CS and that concept of having 30 friends and people meet up and play in a LAN sounds fantastic. Thats the kind of environment I wish would be like online. Just people having fun and playing games together. 

That was back in 2000 something and I don't even know if people enjoy that today.  

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

That was back in 2000 something and I don't even know if people enjoy that today.  

it is actually more popular today than it was back then. They updated the graphics and released it as CS:Global Offensive a few years ago. Its got a big esports and pro scene and brings in tons of people to watch these people play at events. So yeah its still enjoyed today. 

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

it is actually more popular today than it was back then. They updated the graphics and released it as CS:Global Offensive a few years ago. Its got a big esports and pro scene and brings in tons of people to watch these people play at events. So yeah its still enjoyed today. 

No Imeant get together in LAN spot to play just for fun I said.  No competition. 

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

No Imeant get together in LAN spot to play just for fun I said.  No competition. 

OHHHH i didnt see "that" and just saw it. like CS is irrelevant anymore or anything. I mean it is surprising that they are still going strong with it 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

That sounds like it must’ve been a blast... Sadly, I’ve never played any multiplayer or online games, in my life. I just never had the ability to. But, I’d probably have loved participating in a big get together like that.

12 minutes ago, sXeblues said:

That sounds like it must’ve been a blast... Sadly, I’ve never played any multiplayer or online games, in my life. I just never had the ability to. But, I’d probably have loved participating in a big get together like that.

Yeah it was fun. Allnighter. From midnight to 6 am.  Pretty heavy, but also fun as hell. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FASVB said:

Yeah it was fun. Allnighter. From midnight to 6 am.  Pretty heavy, but also fun as hell. 

Ive had a few LAN parties in my day but most of my buddies locally typically only do console. We did have a bunch of times where we would play a game together via couch co op until the sun came up.. man those were great times. Also as Ive got older doing that takes alot more out of me which is such a weird feeling.