Thundercats Vintage Style Figures From Funko Coming In October

JayC

Welcome to Third Earth – second home to the ThunderCats – following the destruction of their home planet Thundera. Lion-O, Lord of the ThunderCats and wielder of the Sword of Omens is ready to face off with Panthro against the demon priest Mumm-Ra and leader of the Reptilians, Slithe. These action figures are ready to reenact key battles between the ThunderCats and their chief antagonists. Look for these to be released in October. You can pre-order these now at BigBadToyStore.com.

ThunderCats-Savage-World-01.jpg

ThunderCats-Savage-World-02.jpg

ThunderCats-Savage-World-03.jpg

ThunderCats-Savage-World-04.jpg

ThunderCats-Savage-World-05.jpg

Okay, I realize I tend to be down on any Funko figures that aren't Legacy, but even I find the idea of a MOTU style Liono crossing steel with an MOTU style Leatherface kind of... cool.

Anxious to see what other licenses they'll release in this style.

Well, they look indeed very much "vintage" as they are supposed to look. But IMO I would like more to see some taller and more articulated figures like mattel used to make. I am still sad that Super 7 could not move forward with the line. 

But for what these are proposed to be hey are very very cool. Just not my cup of tea. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm digging their style and hope that they sell well to show Mattel that there is a market for Thundercats. If they want to leave the license with Super 7 though, that's cool too. They have proven themselves to be great caregivers of beloved brands.

8 hours ago, Engreido2814 said:

I really need some 6" Thundercats in my collection. I got rid of the Matty ones after they cancelled the line. These Funkos dont look bad though.

They look vintage indeed, but I am in for a more articulated version.  Just wishSuper7 had the license. 

I dig what they’re doing with these figures, but I’m kind of feeling the burn of all of these starts and stops with anything Thundercats related... What I really wanted was to see more Thundercats Classics figures. Even after it took almost a couple of months worth of savings just to land myself a Lion-O on eBay. But then, of course, that line goes and gets cancelled. I don’t readily recall why. Maybe it was because trying to get the figures was so incredibly hard, in the first place? I just wish one of these companies would start on a line, and actually keep it going.