Director James Wan Confirms No Justice League Characters In 'Aquaman'

Outsiders

If you are expecting any of the Justice League characters to make any appearances in Aquaman then you will be disappointed.  Director James Wan confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that this first standalone movie will be a true standalone feature, focusing only on Aquaman (Jason Momoa) rather than sprinkling in other DC characters along the way.

Wan explains: “I wanted to keep the story to the world of Aquaman and not have to worry about what other characters are doing in their films and how that would affect us. I just thought the simplest way was to keep it clean — keep it simple and let it be an Aquaman story.”

Now when it comes down to DC adding some kind of post-credits scene outside the main narrative that nods to other characters wouldn’t surprise. Wan explained that when he was initially in talks for the project, he made it clear to DC and Warner Bros. that he wanted a certain degree of independence to make his own unique film.

“I told them I understand and respect that it’s part of a bigger universe but at the end of the day I have to tell the story I want to tell, and I want to develop the character as well,” Wan previously told sources. “It was something the studio was respectful about … .in my movie he starts off one way and becomes very different by the end. It’s a classic hero’s journey. I equate our story to The Sword and the Stone, it’s a very Arthurian story about a journey to becoming king.”

• Like 1

Considering the hit that Wonder Woman was, he has some  big shoes to fill.  PAtty Jenkins pulled it off, so why wouldn't he? 

Can't say that Iam very excited for this movie, but maybe it's for the best. So when I go to watch it  and it's actually good, I will be surprised in a good way.