Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers Violent Ken Action Figure From Storm Collectibles

JayC

Also known as Brainwashed Ken (洗脳されたケン), M. Bison over powered and brainwashed Ken with Psycho Power. Just like Evil Ryu, Violent Ken is obsessed with power and fighting and show no empathy for others. Violent Ken shows up the first time as the mainline character in Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, since then, he becomes the perfect rival in game with Evil Ryu.

Product Features:
Newly designed & developed Violent Ken’s body
4 x Interchanging Violent Ken’ Head-Sculpts
4 x Pairs of Hand
1 x Hadoken Effect
1 x Shoryuken Effect
1 x Stand for Hadoken

This figure will first be made available at New York Comic Con 2018.

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-01.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-02.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-03.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-04.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-05.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-06.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-07.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-08.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-09.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-10.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-11.jpg

Street-Fighter-II-Ultra-Violent-Ken-12.jpg

Definitely interesting but glad its one I can pass on so that I can save for others that are releasing around the same time. 

I really hope that they make a classic Ken from SFII. The Ryu from SFV is passible as as Chun-Li, but the Ken from that game is off to me. This one with the right effect colors and no mean face would be fine by me. 

9 hours ago, FASVB said:

I really hope that they make a classic Ken from SFII. The Ryu from SFV is passible as as Chun-Li, but the Ken from that game is off to me. This one with the right effect colors and no mean face would be fine by me. 

Its possible since they have both Ultra SF2 and SFV however I think they will only do the characters that are exclusive to USF2 and not the same ones that are in SFV. It seems the same mold is being used for Violent Ken as it was for SFV Ryu and Akuma so I wouldnt hold out on any real difference with them making a SF2 iteration. Id like a SF2 Akuma but since they did the "nostalgia" costume from SFV, I highly doubt that will come about. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, LimitedEdition said:

These seem like a release before a release. Sell these before releasing regular Street fighter II Ken & Ryu.

They have the license for Ultra Street Fighter 2. Violent Ken and Evil Ryu were the only "new" characters in that game and were exclusive to that iteration so they are covering their bases before anything else. But these will certainly be repainted to fit regular versions of Ryu and Ken sometime down the line. We already know they like to reuse bodies when applicable and are no slouch to variants. The regular Ryu and Ken SF2 versions will probably be Con Exclusives too. :D

^ I’d be looking forward to regular versions of those two, for sure... I’ve got much more of a connection to those looks for them, than anything else. Even as badass as the ‘evil’ versions look.

I also hope they repaint this violent ken and the evil ryu figures in their classic SFII regular styles, I already got the Arcade ver. Akuma and Id buy these two in a heartbeat if they make them (knowing storm collectibles, there is a good chance itll happen, just got to keep our figers crossed) 

3 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I also hope they repaint this violent ken and the evil ryu figures in their classic SFII regular styles, I already got the Arcade ver. Akuma and Id buy these two in a heartbeat if they make them (knowing storm collectibles, there is a good chance itll happen, just got to keep our figers crossed) 

And hope that they are not exclusives. Just the color variants, as they usually do. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FASVB said:

And hope that they are not exclusives. Just the color variants, as they usually do. 

This is exactly what I was thinking, with the way Storm is headed I wouldn't be surprised if the normal versions were next years exclusives...

3 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, with the way Storm is headed I wouldn't be surprised if the normal versions were next years exclusives...

That is becoming the joke with them now. XD Hopefully its just a fluke. 

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

That is becoming the joke with them now. XD Hopefully its just a fluke. 

Hopefully, I'd hate to be forced to start cutting lines. Probably wouldn't be Storm though ?

6 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Hopefully, I'd hate to be forced to start cutting lines. Probably wouldn't be Storm though ?

As much as I like SF, MK is my thing and probably the only one that I intend to fully colelct. The other ones like KoF, SAmurai Shodown I will get only the characters that I like. 

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pest said:

I’ve been collecting the SOTA SF figs for many years and thanks to storm collectibles I can up my collection 

19F140B7-9000-4C2F-A066-5E182D5D9C1E.jpeg

Wow I never heard of SOTA. I only really started collecting fighting game figures after Storm came along so I passed on a lot of the earlier stuff. The male figures look great but the females.. not so much lol how well do they scale with Storm? Now I'm conflicted, I kinda want these but I don't know how much Storm and SHF is planning on and I have no room or the money to be buying doubles of characters. Ugh the struggle continues! ?

The street fighter SOTA toys are from the 90 early 2000’s. I am big collector of retro/older figs so SOTA Is known for good Sculps Their articulation is here and they’re not bad but not good,as far as S.H.Figs if ur looking into ACBA or just take pics I would use the S.H. Figs but here’s some O.G. SOTA figs 

04BD2768-226A-43B3-8C68-48D7ED295E71.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pest said:

The street fighter SOTA toys are from the 90 early 2000’s. I am big collector of retro/older figs so SOTA Is known for good Sculps Their articulation is here and they’re not bad but not good,as far as S.H.Figs if ur looking into ACBA or just take pics I would use the S.H. Figs but here’s some O.G. SOTA figs 

I really like that they have the majority of the characters, I think thats the main appeal to me as right now everyone I have is roughly in the same size category. But it does seem like the SOTA Characters that Storm or SHF has made look way better but the more mid sized SOTA characters look amazing even for todays standards. Which makes me wonder, if their male characters are so good then what happened with this monstrosity ?

8070.jpg

SHF-R-Mika-11.jpg

7 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Now I'm conflicted, I kinda want these but I don't know how much Storm and SHF is planning on and I have no room or the money to be buying doubles of characters. Ugh the struggle continues! ?

The SOTA figs dont really scale AT ALL with Storms MK figs. They came out around 2003 and I bought every wave and pretty much every unique variant they did. Some of the sculpts are fantastic but some are definitely not amazing. They did cover alot of grounds with alot of characters that have never had figures for like Gouken. They hit alot of different series in each wave like Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 3, and Street Fighter Alpha series. Most of the SFV figures that have come out are exxxtrra THICC.. and thats kind of the style for SFV which doesnt look as right to me as they should. A reason I havent picked up any of their SFV stuff. Btw that MIKA they made was from the LAST line they made. I think they did like a Toybiz thing and were running out of money so they did a last ditch effort but with less money to back it and so the quality suffered overall. My Mika cant even get her friggin head on the peg. Its not great. Also in regard to where some figures should and shouldnt be thicc, this one suffered from the former. But to give them credit, capcom kind of decided to thicken her more in SFV soo theres that. 

IMG_4592.JPG

8 hours ago, Dr_Pest said:

I don’t think I ever saw these before... For me, it was the NECA SF IV figures that first caught my attention. I only ever got a few of them. And as of now, I only still have Chun Li and C Viper, anymore. I do wish I had Ken and Ryu, at least. And the few I never actually saw in stores.

3 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

The SOTA figs dont really scale AT ALL with Storms MK figs. They came out around 2003 and I bought every wave and pretty much every unique variant they did. Some of the sculpts are fantastic but some are definitely not amazing. They did cover alot of grounds with alot of characters that have never had figures for like Gouken. They hit alot of different series in each wave like Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 3, and Street Fighter Alpha series. Most of the SFV figures that have come out are exxxtrra THICC.. and thats kind of the style for SFV which doesnt look as right to me as they should. A reason I havent picked up any of their SFV stuff. Btw that MIKA they made was from the LAST line they made. I think they did like a Toybiz thing and were running out of money so they did a last ditch effort but with less money to back it and so the quality suffered overall. My Mika cant even get her friggin head on the peg. Its not great. Also in regard to where some figures should and shouldnt be thicc, this one suffered from the former. But to give them credit, capcom kind of decided to thicken her more in SFV soo theres that. 

IMG_4592.JPG

They look like they would scale better with the SHF then but still I wonder if anyone else will even make the lesser known characters. I guess I'll at least check what theyre going for now. I've been meaning to find my SquareEnix Guile to see how he scales with Storm, I have a feeling hes way too big though, its a shame they cancelled that line it had a lot of promise.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:06 AM, FASVB said:

Yeah I hope that too, it be a wasted oportunity on storm's part to make them exclusives, I bet most collectors would want to buy these figures and making them exclusives would limit the money they could make off them, If anything I could see them making them as presale items in a sence that they are sold first at shows or something like that and months later to general public.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I don’t think I ever saw these before... For me, it was the NECA SF IV figures that first caught my attention. I only ever got a few of them. And as of now, I only still have Chun Li and C Viper, anymore. I do wish I had Ken and Ryu, at least. And the few I never actually saw in stores.

I have a few of the NECA SF4 figs. Some were great, most were awful looking. The Ryu was really not great. Sure it was based exactly how the game was but man he just looked not great. The Akuma and Guile ones I have are pretty awesome tho. 

9 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

They look like they would scale better with the SHF then but still I wonder if anyone else will even make the lesser known characters. I guess I'll at least check what theyre going for now. I've been meaning to find my SquareEnix Guile to see how he scales with Storm, I have a feeling hes way too big though, its a shame they cancelled that line it had a lot of promise.

Well SF has a HUGE roster of characters so id imagine the chances of us getting all of them in one line is very slim to none. And with the introduction of new characters in SFV, I dont see them coming anytime soon. The crazy thing tho is the SOTA figs scale great with marvel legends. But Storms stuff is almost more toward the 7 inch sizing than the 6in ones. 

Btw this is a chunk of my SF collection. Mostly of SOTA stuff but some NECA and some Resaurus as well as some rando stuff. I m a big fan of akuma so i have alot of stuff of him. AT some point I do need to get that nostalgia akuma from storm. 

IMG_4591.JPG

7 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I have a few of the NECA SF4 figs. Some were great, most were awful looking. The Ryu was really not great. Sure it was based exactly how the game was but man he just looked not great. The Akuma and Guile ones I have are pretty awesome tho. 

I thought they looked pretty good at the time, largely owing to the fact that I hadn’t ever seen any other SF figures in that scale, or nearly as detailed... Nostalgia, and all that.