Outsiders

'Batman' Won't Be Appearing On The 'Batwoman' TV Series

The CW president Mark Pedowitz appeared at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday and acknowledged that “Batman already exists in the Arrowverse,” citing Oliver Queen’s mention of Bruce Wayne during Arrow Season 6.

“Batwoman lives in Gotham,” where her potential standalone series will be set, “but there are no plans at this time to have Batman appear,” Pedowitz told sources.

Gotham's Batwoman will be introduced with the December’s Arrowverse crossover — between Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl, but not Legends of Tomorrow.  It was previously announced that Batwoman is being eyed for her own CW series, centered around the out lesbian and highly trained street fighter who struggles to snuff out the failing Gotham’s criminal resurgence.

Source: TVLine

Batwoman-Batman.jpg

Batman won't be turning out for Batwoman? Hmm...

That makes two of us.

What's up with them? They put Titans and everything around BAtman, but not Batman. Even Supergirl had to use Superman eventually. This is just wrong.  

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

What's up with them? They put Titans and everything around BAtman, but not Batman. Even Supergirl had to use Superman eventually. This is just wrong.  

No kidding. It's even worse when you look at shows like Smallville and Arrow that illustrate just how easy it would be to make a real Batman series. I mean we're talking a show that could do the character justice in a way none of the movies or the '60s series ever could.

Seriously, we're inundated with shows featuring "B" and "C" listers like Supergirl, Arrow, and Black Lightning, and the public still eats them up. Think how well a show featuring ANY of the "Big 3" would do.

Instead, it feels like we won a free meal at the best steak-house in town... and all they're serving are hot dogs.

• Like 1

Just in Ruby Rose will be Batwoman

10 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Just in Ruby Rose will be Batwoman

Yeah, on second thought, I'm gonna say the same thing I said when everyone wanted a Superman spin-off from Supergirl.

As long as Greg Berlanti is calling the shots, keep Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. as far away from this twisted mess as possible.

• Like 1

It feels like what we know about the "Venom" movie, a show based on a character spun-off from another  character, but, without any appearances of said character? At the very least, maybe show someone moving in the shadows?

So,  no Bruce/Bats,  Gordon,  Alfred, or main rogues gallery (Gotham/movies?),  Grayson/Nightwing (Titans), or Babs (Birds Of Prey?)what about Tim?

How is this any different than Arrow? Characteristics and villains of Batman, but, without Batman..  but, this time, it's a woman.

Batman has been one of my lifelong favorite heroes... But, y’know what? I wouldn’t mind it too incredibly much if he took a break, and they dialed back on him a bit.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, mako said:

Yeah, on second thought, I'm gonna say the same thing I said when everyone wanted a Superman spin-off from Supergirl.

As long as Greg Berlanti is calling the shots, keep Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. as far away from this twisted mess as possible.

Some of the shows have agendas, but Supergirl is over the top. I am afreaid that Batwoman will be even worse.