'Batman' Won't Be Appearing On The 'Batwoman' TV Series

Outsiders

The CW president Mark Pedowitz appeared at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday and acknowledged that “Batman already exists in the Arrowverse,” citing Oliver Queen’s mention of Bruce Wayne during Arrow Season 6.

“Batwoman lives in Gotham,” where her potential standalone series will be set, “but there are no plans at this time to have Batman appear,” Pedowitz told sources.

Gotham's Batwoman will be introduced with the December’s Arrowverse crossover — between Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl, but not Legends of Tomorrow.  It was previously announced that Batwoman is being eyed for her own CW series, centered around the out lesbian and highly trained street fighter who struggles to snuff out the failing Gotham’s criminal resurgence.

Source: TVLine

Batwoman-Batman.jpg

What's up with them? They put Titans and everything around BAtman, but not Batman. Even Supergirl had to use Superman eventually. This is just wrong.  

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

What's up with them? They put Titans and everything around BAtman, but not Batman. Even Supergirl had to use Superman eventually. This is just wrong.  

No kidding. It's even worse when you look at shows like Smallville and Arrow that illustrate just how easy it would be to make a real Batman series. I mean we're talking a show that could do the character justice in a way none of the movies or the '60s series ever could.

Seriously, we're inundated with shows featuring "B" and "C" listers like Supergirl, Arrow, and Black Lightning, and the public still eats them up. Think how well a show featuring ANY of the "Big 3" would do.

Instead, it feels like we won a free meal at the best steak-house in town... and all they're serving are hot dogs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Just in Ruby Rose will be Batwoman

Yeah, on second thought, I'm gonna say the same thing I said when everyone wanted a Superman spin-off from Supergirl.

As long as Greg Berlanti is calling the shots, keep Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. as far away from this twisted mess as possible.

• Like 1

It feels like what we know about the "Venom" movie, a show based on a character spun-off from another  character, but, without any appearances of said character? At the very least, maybe show someone moving in the shadows?

So,  no Bruce/Bats,  Gordon,  Alfred, or main rogues gallery (Gotham/movies?),  Grayson/Nightwing (Titans), or Babs (Birds Of Prey?)what about Tim?

How is this any different than Arrow? Characteristics and villains of Batman, but, without Batman..  but, this time, it's a woman.

Batman has been one of my lifelong favorite heroes... But, y’know what? I wouldn’t mind it too incredibly much if he took a break, and they dialed back on him a bit.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, mako said:

Yeah, on second thought, I'm gonna say the same thing I said when everyone wanted a Superman spin-off from Supergirl.

As long as Greg Berlanti is calling the shots, keep Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. as far away from this twisted mess as possible.

Some of the shows have agendas, but Supergirl is over the top. I am afreaid that Batwoman will be even worse. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Thinwheat said:

Television is terrified of Batman these days. Not sure if that's an executive decision or maybe just a creative one. 

It's not that television is scared of him, on the contrary, I doubt there's a network, streaming service, syndicator, cable channel, pay cable channel or superstation that wouldn't trample a bus full of nuns to get the broadcast rights for a Batman series.

Unfortunately, the movie division of Warners gets first pickings, and they want Batman movies NOT TV shows.

Really kinda sad to. You look at all the police procedurals (CSI, NCIS), crime shows (Breaking Bad, Dexter), dark mythology shows (Supernatural, Riverdale) and yes, superhero shows. A Batman series would be tailor made to role with every major TV fad of the last 30 years!

They probably want Batwoman because shes a popular member of the Bat family and an actual lesbian which seems to be an agenda the CW has been pushing in every one of their shows. I'm actually ok with this because I've been saying from the start that if they want LGBT characters in the Arrowverse then they should use actual LGBT characters instead of "turning people gay" which pisses me off. Also I love Batwoman as a character and her whole comic run is very interesting so I hope they dive into her backstory instead of just making her hook up with Sara Lance or swap out Renee Montoya for Alex Danvers and do that whole plot line.

As for the no Batman thing... Oliver is basically Batman even though they have name dropped Bruce Wayne on the show.

8 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

They probably want Batwoman because shes a popular member of the Bat family and an actual lesbian which seems to be an agenda the CW has been pushing in every one of their shows. I'm actually ok with this because I've been saying from the start that if they want LGBT characters in the Arrowverse then they should use actual LGBT characters instead of "turning people gay" which pisses me off. Also I love Batwoman as a character and her whole comic run is very interesting so I hope they dive into her backstory instead of just making her hook up with Sara Lance or swap out Renee Montoya for Alex Danvers and do that whole plot line.

As for the no Batman thing... Oliver is basically Batman even though they have name dropped Bruce Wayne on the show.

As a strong advocate against all PC stuff I disagree. But not totally. Yeah I am with you when is concerned  on the turning people gay. This is just plain stupid. 

On the other hand, Batman is essential. You can't just mention like, oh BTW Atman is out there.  Just because is centered in her which I I think is a bad choice because I don't really like this character, It's counter intuitive not to put a Batman there. Sure they did their version of Superman which I think is kinda weak, but they had to put someone. He showed up like 3 times and that was it.  It is not like he was gonna steal the show or anything. 

Also there are a lot of other Batman characters that could have been used and to me, the only reason that he used her is because she was gay. Why not Batgirl?  We already have a straight woman. Why not Red Hood (straight white male) or even Cassandra Cain.

Te thing is most of the people that watch Arrowverse series are teens that have little or no knowledge of comic lore are all about "shipping" and the PC agenda. 

3 hours ago, FASVB said:

As a strong advocate against all PC stuff I disagree. But not totally. Yeah I am with you when is concerned  on the turning people gay. This is just plain stupid. 

On the other hand, Batman is essential. You can't just mention like, oh BTW Atman is out there.  Just because is centered in her which I I think is a bad choice because I don't really like this character, It's counter intuitive not to put a Batman there. Sure they did their version of Superman which I think is kinda weak, but they had to put someone. He showed up like 3 times and that was it.  It is not like he was gonna steal the show or anything. 

Also there are a lot of other Batman characters that could have been used and to me, the only reason that he used her is because she was gay. Why not Batgirl?  We already have a straight woman. Why not Red Hood (straight white male) or even Cassandra Cain.

Te thing is most of the people that watch Arrowverse series are teens that have little or no knowledge of comic lore are all about "shipping" and the PC agenda. 

Nah I also can't stand the whole PC culture, but I'm not against having gay characters in these shows as long as they stick to the source material. I also hate it when they shove it to the forefront like Sarah Lance, First shes with Oliver then Nyssa, then gets back with Oliver then sleeps around with a bunch of girls, flirts with Captain Cold, has a One nighter with Alex, then with Constantine, then gets into a sort of relationship with Ava but in the whole series of Legends of Tomorrow she talks and acts like she is gay when I think its pretty obvious that shes bi. This is actually the thing I hate most about the CW shows because they shove it in your face instead of it coming up naturally. My parents actually really loved watching these shows for many seasons until they started doing this in every show because it completely derails the entire story. It would be completely fine if it wasn't so forced, for example, during these crossover events you don't really expect anyone to hook up, however if 2 gay characters are show up and share a scene together you know they are going to and thats just lazy writing. 

But to the Batman thing, I was being more sarcastic because I also think its stupid that they can't even have him show up and I've always hated how they gave a lot of Batman's story to Oliver, this really should have been a Batman show from the beginning. They kill off Oliver's parents and make him dark and brooding. He Teams up with his bodyguard to fight crime. He has a secret underground lair called the Arrowcave. Hes always the leader of the groups even in the crossover events. Hes more of a brawler and doesnt really use his bow all that much. He trains with the League of Assassins and forms a close bond with Ra's Al Ghul as well as Talia and Nyssa. Felicity is basically Oracle. Roy and Thea are basically Robin/Nightwing and Batgirl since they hardly touch the actual Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal story line. And he has encounters and fought with Deathstroke, Huntress, Katana, Bronze Tiger, Firefly, Dollmaker, Solomon Grundy, the Suicide Squad, the League of Assassins, and soon  Batwoman and Nora Fries, I'm sure theres more. So yeah Green Arrow is basically Batman.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Nah I also can't stand the whole PC culture, but I'm not against having gay characters in these shows as long as they stick to the source material. I also hate it when they shove it to the forefront like Sarah Lance, First shes with Oliver then Nyssa, then gets back with Oliver then sleeps around with a bunch of girls, flirts with Captain Cold, has a One nighter with Alex, then with Constantine, then gets into a sort of relationship with Ava but in the whole series of Legends of Tomorrow she talks and acts like she is gay when I think its pretty obvious that shes bi. This is actually the thing I hate most about the CW shows because they shove it in your face instead of it coming up naturally. My parents actually really loved watching these shows for many seasons until they started doing this in every show because it completely derails the entire story. It would be completely fine if it wasn't so forced, for example, during these crossover events you don't really expect anyone to hook up, however if 2 gay characters are show up and share a scene together you know they are going to and thats just lazy writing. 

But to the Batman thing, I was being more sarcastic because I also think its stupid that they can't even have him show up and I've always hated how they gave a lot of Batman's story to Oliver, this really should have been a Batman show from the beginning. They kill off Oliver's parents and make him dark and brooding. He Teams up with his bodyguard to fight crime. He has a secret underground lair called the Arrowcave. Hes always the leader of the groups even in the crossover events. Hes more of a brawler and doesnt really use his bow all that much. He trains with the League of Assassins and forms a close bond with Ra's Al Ghul as well as Talia and Nyssa. Felicity is basically Oracle. Roy and Thea are basically Robin/Nightwing and Batgirl since they hardly touch the actual Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal story line. And he has encounters and fought with Deathstroke, Huntress, Katana, Bronze Tiger, Firefly, Dollmaker, Solomon Grundy, the Suicide Squad, the League of Assassins, and soon  Batwoman and Nora Fries, I'm sure theres more. So yeah Green Arrow is basically Batman.

You pretty much got it covered. Just to add, to me the comic book thing seems sometimes to be a background element and not the main thing.  The one time I really laugh is that Supergirl episode with Flash when Cat Grant looks at everyone and says that they are like a cast of a CW show. Sometimes is justa that. If you know what I mean.

29 minutes ago, FASVB said:

You pretty much got it covered. Just to add, to me the comic book thing seems sometimes to be a background element and not the main thing.  The one time I really laugh is that Supergirl episode with Flash when Cat Grant looks at everyone and says that they are like a cast of a CW show. Sometimes is justa that. If you know what I mean.

I miss Cat Grant on the show, I liked how she just told everything like it is. I think the Flash does the whole comic book thing the best while balancing various tones of the show.

12 minutes ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I miss Cat Grant on the show, I liked how she just told everything like it is. I think the Flash does the whole comic book thing the best while balancing various tones of the show.

She will be back, I guess. To me the best shows are Legends and Flash. Legends is just fun to me. no commitment. Flash has to be more comicbooky. 

31 minutes ago, FASVB said:

She will be back, I guess. To me the best shows are Legends and Flash. Legends is just fun to me. no commitment. Flash has to be more comicbooky. 

Those are my 2 favorites as well. I also like Black Lightning but I'm not sure if they have any plans to bring that into the Arrowverse or not.

14 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

Those are my 2 favorites as well. I also like Black Lightning but I'm not sure if they have any plans to bring that into the Arrowverse or not.

Black Lightning is good. Not great, but good. The thing is that we could imagine the tone of the show, so I didn't surprises there.  There are some really good episodes, but other are just medium. So far I have nothing against it and will go on watching. Supergirl I am mostly done.  The pandering has reached a new level last season.