The King of Fighters 1/12 Scale '98 Omega Rugal Figure From Storm Collectibles Official Images & Info

JayC

Storm Collectibles is announcing their new licensing partner SNK - The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match to join their gaming action figure series. KOF is one of the most popular arcade fighting games worldwide and KOF ’98 UM is considered the dream match with the most complete roster of characters.

The first character to be released is: Omega Rugal - the boss and playable character in KOF ’98 UM. Omega Rugal is an alternate/ultra-evil form of Rugal Bernstein. His one eye was removed by Goenitz when he was trying to channel Orochi’s power. In KOF ’98 UM he gained a new projectile called the Gravity Smash. You can pre-order this figure now at BigBadToyStore.com.

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-01.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-02.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-03.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-04.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-05.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-06.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-07.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-08.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-09.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-10.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-11.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-12.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-13.jpg

The-King-of-Fighters-98-Omega-Rugal-14.jpg

This looks awesome as all Storm Collectibles figures, but since I'm not so much into this particular game I will only pick up the characters that I like the most like the Boggards, Joe Higashi, Mai, Kyo and some others. Can't wait for them .The preview for Kyo Kusanagi for instance looks amazing!!! 

Man if you try to get that all you will end up broke haha

• Like 1

I’m completely unfamiliar with this game, apart from the title, which I’ve heard of before... But, just taking this figure on its own, without any familiarity with the character, I’d say it looks pretty cool. The red and blue motif doesn’t always work on figures. Yet, this is another example where the color scheme works really well. And I think, overall, this figure looks pretty dope.

6 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I’m completely unfamiliar with this game, apart from the title, which I’ve heard of before... But, just taking this figure on its own, without any familiarity with the character, I’d say it looks pretty cool. The red and blue motif doesn’t always work on figures. Yet, this is another example where the color scheme works really well. And I think, overall, this figure looks pretty dope.

What? Come on man! You don't know King of Fighters, Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury? 

Those are classic fighting games from SNK! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

What? Come on man! You don't know King of Fighters, Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury? 

Those are classic fighting games from SNK! 

LOL, well — I’ve heard of both King of Fighters and Fatal Fury... But, I’m honestly not sure if I’ve ever played either of ‘em. My only very cursory dip into the fighting game genre consisted mostly of Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2 and Clayfighter, all of which were either on the Sega Genesis, or I found and sampled out in arcades, way back in the day. Oh, and Virtua Fighter, which a local movie theater used to have in an anteroom mini-arcade. I was never that good at fighting games. But, honestly, I do love some of the various character designs, even without that familiarity. ?

To be honest, Rugal wasnt a staple character in most of the KOF, FF, and AoF games.. He was primarily a boss in the earlier KoF games so I can see why some people arent familiar with him. Also all these figs are based off the KoF 98 game which is one of the most highly regarded KoF games ever made. Im super stoked for him altho saddened by that pricetag but I will find a way to get him, Iori and Terry. Those are my favorite characters in the series so only right to grab em. I wonder if they will do a Mai and if she ll look right. Their Kitana and Mileena figs look alittle off to me so it will be interesting to see how they do female bodies.