Black Series Astromechs vs Figuarts Astromechs

sXeblues

I’m curious, and would love to hear feedback from my fellow Star Wars: The Black Series figure collectors.

A little while ago now, I posted a video on my Youtube channel, (linked below), unboxing and comparing the scale of the S.H. Figuarts ANH R2-D2, to a couple of my Black Series figures. As I was not entirely satisfied with the size of the Black Series’ own R2-D2 offering, as compared to the other 6” figures.

What I wound up satisfying for myself, was that the Figuarts R2 was indeed the correct size, fitting perfectly into the Black Series figure scale, which conformed to my research of the size of the original, on-set R2-D2 prop, as compared to the actors.

Whether or not you decide to watch my video going over all of this, I’m curious to hear which of the two, Black Series or Figuarts, you personally feel is the one for you, and best fits into your collection.

I should also point out that, to date, due by and large to a severe lack of monthly funds with which to do so, I have yet to go beyond the Figuarts R2, in collecting anymore of their figure offerings. Which is also down to my own personal opinion that the likenesses on them leave something to be desired. But, I have been giving a lot of thought to picking up the ANH Luke and Han, at some point, as over time, they’ve begun to grow on me.

Here’s the video: 

And a screen shot:

98B81EE4-D716-4107-8837-BC927FFABB77.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Im partial towards Figuarts for the most part (even human characters) though lately Black series has gotten a lot better, but the price point is something to think about, I havent gotten into the Bandai Model kits but ive seen reviews and they look really nice and in good scale and are a lot cheaper than Figuarts but require some work to make them look "pretty" I might try getting the black R2 unit just to see how it is, also figuarts has only done r2-d2 and c3-po (both great figures), whereas habsro and bandai modelkits have done more astromechs thats also a consideration, but when it comes to R2 units I thik the Black series mold is not accurate at all and quite bland.

• Like 1