Star Trek: Into Darkness 7" Select Kirk & Spock Figures From DST

JayC

A Diamond Select Toys release! The toy line everyone's waited for is finally here! Since J.J. Abrams debuted his new Star Trek universe (the "Kelvin Timeline") in 2009, fans have asked for a screen-accurate, 7" scale, fully articulated line of toys. Now, DST has brought the new timeline to the world of Select action figures! These screen-accurate figures of Kirk and Spock capture the costumes and faces of the new movies, and each features approximately 16 points of articulation, as well as multiple accessories and connecting transporter pads. Packaged in display-ready Select action figure packaging with side-panel artwork for shelf reference. You can pre-order these now at Megalopolis.Toys.
1 of 1
  • Like 1

Spock is dead on. Kirk not so much, but still they look great. A little late...but I guess Trek is timeless. I hope they sell because if they don't, they will not make the rest of the crew, let alone the ship. 

I like TNG, so I really hope that they go back to make Select TNG figures, but a more articulated version. They are making a borg now. I am excited or that! 

• Like 1

I’ve been a Trekkie from a very early age, thanks to my dad’s passing it down to me... I got my start on TNG, then the original cast movies, then a little bit of DS9, a little more Voyager, the TNG films, and the entirety of Enterprise. And while Enterprise was on, I’d finally gone back to my dad’s first love, TOS, and found that it was my first love, too. Enterprise coming a close second. I’ve also enjoyed the Abrams movies, and have thus far mostly dug what they’ve done with Discovery. So, with all of that said, it should go without saying, that I love me some Star Trek action figures.

However... While I think the Quinto/Spock likeness is dead on, I’m not so much feeling the Pine/Kirk one. And I hate, loathe and despise that ab crunch being so unsightly, right across both of their mid-sections. The older Trek figure offerings had a rubbery tunic shirt that hid that crunch — on the figures that had them — and looked so much better than these. I felt bad watching Pixel Dan’s video talking to Zack from Diamond Select, hearing that he really hoped these figures sold well, so as to give them reasoning to produce more such figures. All the while I’m sitting there thinking, ‘If only that ab crunch was covered up, or was removed entirely, I’d have thoroughly been ready to purchase ‘em’.

• 1 month later...

I’ve said that I thought the recent McFarlane figures weren’t entirely up to snuff, to Diamond’s former Trek offerings. But, I think I’m going to reverse my standing, coming back to look at these, again. I think McFarlane’s are better than these two, if for nothing other than that unsightly mid-section crunch.