2018 SDCC NECA Product Recap An Interview With Randy Falk - 7" TMNT Coming To Retail?!?

JayC

Hopefully you caught our IMAGE GALLERY the other day showing off all the new product NECA had on hand at this years San Diego Comic Con and now we bring you a recap with official info and images as well as a product walk-through/interview with NECA's own Randy Falk conducted by Pixel-Dan. Get the latest scoop of NECA TMNT figures coming to retail, Michael Myers, Golden Girls, Karate Kid, Gremlins, Kenner Terminator, Predator and more.

NECA also announces they will be selling product at Target stores starting in August. They won't be in the toy section but their trend section. You can also find NECA products at Gamestop.

The products listed below are currently up for pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com.

Gremlins – 7” Scale Action Figure – Ultimate Stripe
From the original 1984 Gremlins movie! Any fans of the Gremlins movies knows the rules: keep them out of sunlight, don’t get them wet, and never feed them after midnight. Follow them and you’ll enjoy a cute and friendly little Mogwai… Fail, and you’ll be faced with some pretty dangerous characters, like Stripe, the leader of the evil Gremlins.

This Ultimate 7” scale figure (stands approximately 6” tall) features an all new head with Stripe’s signature white mohawk and an all new body with over 25 points of articulation, including ears and jaw. For maximum mayhem, he comes with chainsaw, skateboard with rolling wheels, saw blade, and interchangeable hands.

Terminator 2 – 7″ Scale Action Figure – Kenner Tribute Assortment
Enjoy a blast from the past with three figures dedicated to the classic Kenner Terminator 2 toys of the early 1990s! Taking inspiration from those designs, our team has transformed these Kenner classics into modern versions with all of today’s detail and articulation.

Power Arm T-800 features a detailed weapons arm with interchangeable missile launcher and grabbing claw attachments. White Hot T-1000 changes color when dunked in water, just like the original version. Metal Mash Endoskeleton features working pistons and comes with a plasma rifle accessory. Each figure stands approximately 7” tall and is fully articulated.

Guillermo Del Toro Signature Collection – 7″ Scale Action Figure – Ofelia (Pan’s Labyrinth)
NECA’s new collaboration with renowned movie director Guillermo Del Toro brings select characters from Del Toro’s films to life in premium action figure format with deluxe added elements.

From the dark fantasy film Pan’s Labyrinth, the young Ofelia stands approximately 5” tall, is fully articulated and comes with detailed accessories from the movie, including three different fairies, key, book, and a small pillar with removable eye.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) – 1/4 Scale Action Figure – Foot Clan Soldier
From the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie! The faceless soldiers of the Foot Clan exist to carry out the bidding of their mysterious leader, The Shredder… and while they lack the skills to face the Turtles one-on-one, in great numbers they are a force to be reckoned with.

The Foot Clan Soldier stands 18” tall and features over 30 points of articulation, including double knee and elbow joints. The figure is highly detailed and entirely accurate to the movie, and comes with an arsenal of ninja weapon accessories.

God of War (2018) – 7″ Scale Action Figure – Ultimate Kratos & Atreus 2-Pack
After a decade of bestselling God of War games, it is a new beginning for Kratos. His vengeance against the gods of Olympus far behind him, Kratos now lives as a man in the lands of Norse Gods and monsters. It is in this harsh, unforgiving world that he must fight to survive – and teach his son to do the same.

This Ultimate 7” scale action figure 2-pack includes Kratos and his son Atreus. Kratos features a new aggressive head sculpt, new Mimir head on right hip, new gauntlets, new hands, new collapsed shield, new blades, and new fire and frost effects for weapons and hands, as well as 36 points of articulation. The all-new Atreus has over 25 points of articulation and comes with bow and arrows.

Crash Bandicoot – 7″ Scale Action Figure – Deluxe Crash with Jet Pack
NECA’s next release in the eagerly anticipated line of Crash Bandicoot action figures is a deluxe Crash with jet pack!

First seen in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, the jet pack is a vital piece of equipment on certain levels. The figure stands 5.5 inches tall and has a head sculpt unique to this release. Crash has plenty of articulation and looks like he leapt right out of the game!

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective – 8″ Clothed Action Figure – Ace Ventura
From the 1994 comedy Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, this clothed action figure is based on Jim Carrey’s hilarious performance as Miami’s best/only pet detective.

Ace stands 8” tall and is fully articulated. He comes with plenty of accessories, too: swappable heads, monkey, parrot, dove and more!

Bride of Chucky – 7″ Scale Action Figure – Ultimate Chucky & Tiffany 2-Pack
From the hilarious horror film Bride of Chucky! The world’s most notorious doll is back on the rampage, but this time he’s met his match… his old flame Tiffany, who with marriage in mind rescues his parts from a police impound and breathes new life into the little guy.

This Ultimate action figure 2-pack includes Chucky and Tiffany, who features a fabric skirt and an extra set of removable arms so she can wear her iconic leather jacket. The set also includes tons of accessories to recreate the movie’s best scenes: 6 interchangeable heads, 2 shovels, 2 pistols, 2 knives, bottle, baster, necklace and more! The figures stand 4″ tall and have over 20 points of articulation.

Halloween (2018) – 7″ Scale Action Figure – Ultimate Michael Myers
Michael Myers returns to NECA’s action figure line!

Based on his appearance in the thrilling new Halloween movie, this all new Michael stands over 7” tall and has received the Ultimate treatment, with over 25 points of articulation and tons of accessories. The Ultimate Michael Myers figure comes with 2 heads, knife, hammer, jack o’ lantern, interchangeable hands and more.

The Golden Girls – 8″ Clothed Action Figures – Assortment
From the classic TV comedy series that even today continues to inspire those who cherish friendship, rattan furniture and cheesecake, The Golden Girls take action figure form!

Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sofia are dressed in fabric clothing that’s perfect for an afternoon on the lanai, and feature authorized likenesses. Each fully articulated figure stands approximately 8” tall.

Gremlins – 7” Scale Action Figure – Ultimate Stripe
From the original 1984 Gremlins movie! Any fans of the Gremlins movies knows the rules: keep them out of sunlight, don’t get them wet, and never feed them after midnight. Follow them and you’ll enjoy a cute and friendly little Mogwai… Fail, and you’ll be faced with some pretty dangerous characters, like Stripe, the leader of the evil Gremlins.

This Ultimate 7” scale figure (stands approximately 6” tall) features an all new head with Stripe’s signature white mohawk and an all new body with over 25 points of articulation, including ears and jaw. For maximum mayhem, he comes with chainsaw, skateboard with rolling wheels, saw blade, and interchangeable hands.

The Karate Kid – 8″ Clothed Action Figures – Assortment
From The Karate Kid, the iconic ‘80s film that sent a generation of kids rushing to enroll in karate classes!

These clothed action figures include Daniel, Mr. Miyagi, and Johnny in his skeleton costume. Daniel comes with bonsai tree, Japanese sanders, alternate hand holding chopsticks, bottle of car wax and buffer accessories. Mr. Miyagi comes with bonsai tree and alternate hand holding chopsticks. Skeleton Johnny comes with a Walkman accessory. Each fully articulated figure stands approximately 8” tall and features an authorized likeness.

Check out official images for all of these products below, and again if you haven't already be sure to check out our gallery of images directly from the NECA San Diego Comic Con booth.

14974-2.jpg

14974-3.jpg

14974-Ace4.jpg

33154.jpg

42114-1-450x300.jpg

307541.jpg

307542.jpg

307543.jpg

307544.jpg

307545.jpg

331541.jpg

331542.jpg

331543.jpg

331544.jpg

331545.jpg

606871.jpg

606873.jpg

606874.jpg

606875.jpg

606876.jpg

606877.jpg

Assortment1.jpg

Crash-Jetpack1.jpg

Crash-Jetpack2.jpg

Crash-Jetpack4.jpg

Crash-Jetpack6.jpg

Crash-Jetpack7.jpg

Daniel-casual.jpg

Dorothy2.jpg

Foot-Soldier1.jpg

Foot-Soldier2.jpg

Foot-Soldier3.jpg

Foot-Soldier5.jpg

Foot-Soldier6.jpg

Foot-Soldier7.jpg

Group1.jpg

Group2.jpg

Group3.jpg

Group4.jpg

Johnny-Skeleton-Costume-1.jpg

Metal-Mash-Endo1.jpg

Metal-Mash-Endo2.jpg

Metal-Mash1.jpg

Metal-Mash2.jpg

Metal-Mash3.jpg

Metal-Mash4.jpg

Mr.-Miyagi-1.jpg

Power-Arm-T800-1.jpg

Power-Arm-T800-2.jpg

Rose2.jpg

Sophia2.jpg

T800-1.jpg

T800-2.jpg

T800-3.jpg

T800-4.jpg

T800-5.jpg

T800-6.jpg

T800-7.jpg

Terminator2_KennerHomageGroup.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos1.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos2.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos3.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos4.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos5.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos6.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos7.jpg

Ultimate-Kratos8.jpg

White-Hot-T1000.jpg

white-hot1.jpg

white-hot2.jpg

white-hot3.jpg

white-hot4.jpg

Blanche2.jpg

Crash-Jetpack3.jpg

Crash-Jetpack5.jpg

Crash-Jetpack8.jpg

Neca always kills it. I love their products, despite not collecting them all. I am very much looking forward for  the John Connor to complete my T2 collection. Long awaited and finally will come! And the color change T-1000 is also a plus. I missed the Ultimate T-1000 and have only the Motorcycle Cop. I hope that they reissue them. 

The new licenses that most impressed me and got me most existed were Karate Kid and Ace Ventura. The first one the most. Man those figures look absolutely awesome!!! I need these! 

Golden girls were funny as hell. Not my cup of tea, but still. Very cool looking. 

About the Turtles deal, Playmates will always get in the way.  They do not make product for collectors and they should make a little room for us, but I find that very hard to happen. At least any time soon.

The sad news or lack of it, was the total absence and not mentioning of those DC and Dark Horse Vs 2-packs.  I was very excited for those when they were revealed and when they got indefinitely delayed it saddened me. 

11 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Neca always kills it. I love their products, despite not collecting them all. I am very much looking forward for  the John Connor to complete my T2 collection. Long awaited and finally will come! And the color change T-1000 is also a plus. I missed the Ultimate T-1000 and have only the Motorcycle Cop. I hope that they reissue them. 

The new licenses that most impressed me and got me most existed were Karate Kid and Ace Ventura. The first one the most. Man those figures look absolutely awesome!!! I need these! 

Golden girls were funny as hell. Not my cup of tea, but still. Very cool looking. 

About the Turtles deal, Playmates will always get in the way.  They do not make product for collectors and they should make a little room for us, but I find that very hard to happen. At least any time soon.

The sad news or lack of it, was the total absence and not mentioning of those DC and Dark Horse Vs 2-packs.  I was very excited for those when they were revealed and when they got indefinitely delayed it saddened me. 

I would love to see NECA get 7" TMNT to retail but I have to be honest, after the issues we've seen with the DC Vs Alien 2-Packs I am of a mind that I will believe  it when I see it. It is true Playmates doesn't really focus on the adult collectors but I find it hard to believe they are going to be very happy with NECA invading their retail space for Turtle product. I hope it does happen but again I will believe it when I see actual TMNT product on shelves.

• Like 1

I’m all about that Golden Girls line... I’ve got so many memories of watching that show back in the day, with my grandmother. I unabashedly admit that I love ‘em!

But, speaking about the 7” TMNT 1990 figures; I soooo wish they could be brought over to retail. But, I think there are always going to be too many obstacles for that to actually be viable. Truthfully, I’d be happy if they could at least put them up for sale online, not even necessarily in brick and mortar stores. Just so long as they were actually available to all of us that want ‘em.

But, when average figures that I want to pick up are so hard to come by, exclusives like these are that much more frustrating.

23 hours ago, JayC said:

I would love to see NECA get 7" TMNT to retail but I have to be honest, after the issues we've seen with the DC Vs Alien 2-Packs I am of a mind that I will believe  it when I see it. It is true Playmates doesn't really focus on the adult collectors but I find it hard to believe they are going to be very happy with NECA invading their retail space for Turtle product. I hope it does happen but again I will believe it when I see actual TMNT product on shelves.

Me too. This thing that they tease us with a cool release and they cancel it with no good reason or at least not a satisfactory one is really disappointing.  Here I have even a bigger problem because we have a single distributor for everything. Imagine if Bluefin distributed everything from Japan and the US. So very few quantities arrive here IF they do at all. That T-1000 ultimate version never even got here. Just to name one. 

• Sad 1

This is great because NECA is a great line. The detail in their figures is just amazing. not to mention the updates in the articulation of the figures. I recently messaged NECA about the new Foot Soldier and Shredder and they said that they only have plans on making them in 1/4 scale and not in 1/12 scale. That is a total let down! But the upside I may go ahead and collect the 1/4 scale turtles now. But I would love to have the Foot Soldier and Shredder in 1/12 scale.

They could make the Foot Soldier, Shredder, Tatsu, Splinter, April O'Neil, Casey Jones, Danny Pennington.

They could release them in 2 sets of 4 Packs or they could do a 4 Pack and 2 different 3 Packs.

(4 Pack)

Splinter, April O'Neil, Casey Jones, Danny Pennington

(4 Pack)

Shredder, Tatsu, Foot Soldier (2 X)

Or

(3 Pack)

Shredder, Foot Soldier (2 X)

(3 Pack)

Tatsu, Foot Soldier (2 X)

This way if people dont want Tatsu they can still get Shredder and 2 Foot Soldiers and for those who want both Shredder and Tatsu, they can also army build the Foot Soldiers.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, JayC said:

I'm curious to see where a Neca TMNT line would even be sold. The ONLY place I've ever seen ANYTHING Neca was at TRU, and we know how that story ended.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, ShemShem said:

That foot soldier looks so sick. I'm so glad that NECA has decided to put their stuff in retail stores now.

Careful, there's a heck of a long way between vague hints at a con, and finding these bad-boys at your local Target.

Still, with Playmates tied up with that GOD-AWFUL new Nick 'toon, Neca couldn't ask for better timing. Maybe we'll all get lucky.