Supergirl - Three New Characters Announced; 2018 SDCC Trailer

Outsiders

Mained-Jones-Ajala__scaled_600.jpg

With the reign of Reign ended in last season’s finale, cast and producers of The CW/Warner Bros. Television’s hit drama Supergirl took the stage at the show’s Comic-Con 2018 panel session to reveal that the DC Super Hero series will welcome three new cast members for the upcoming 2018–19 season — including TV’s first transgender superhero. Transgender activist Nicole Maines (Royal Pains, The Trans List, Becoming Nicole book) will join the show in the series regular role of Nia Nal, aka Dreamer. In addition to Maines, Supergirl fans can look forward to the addition of the following new cast members: series regular April Parker Jones (Jericho, The Last Ship) as Colonel Haley and David Ajala (Dr. Who, Nightflyers, The Dark Knight), who will recur as Manchester Black.

Nia Nal (Nicole Maines) is the newest addition to the CatCo reporting team. A soulful young transgender woman with a fierce drive to protect others, Nia’s journey this season means fulfilling her destiny as the superhero Dreamer (much like Kara came into her own as Supergirl).

Hardline career military woman Colonel Haley (April Parker Jones) lives and dies by the orders of her commanding officers. Dedicated to her country, she always acts in its best interest — even if it’s not her own.

Based on the iconic DC character, Manchester Black (David Ajala) is the type of guy who brings a knife to a gunfight and still walks away the winner. With a dark past, he easily deflects the brutality of his mission with his charm and sense of humor.

These three cast members join the previously announced new series regulars Jesse Rath (who plays the Legion of Super Heroes’ Brainiac-5) and Sam Witwer (who will play Agent Liberty).

Supergirl returns for its fourth season on October 14 in its new Sunday 8/7c time period on The CW. Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, the series is executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller. Supergirl is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

The first season was ok. The second one go a little better. But then, the show got politically charged in the last one and full of social justice things and poor writing. Apparently they will keep going on that direction.  So I guess it's time to say goodbye to this. If you want to have a speech and stuff, fine, but at least have a decent writing to go along with it. 

40 minutes ago, MLs4life said:

I wonder how people are gonna react to the trans hero. I have mixed feeling about it but I'm not saying I don't like the idea.

I found out about this because my wife told me, she said she was getting tired of seeing it everywhere. Personally, I'm good either way, if they have transgendered character cool, if not then okay. The only thing that bothers me  about this is how out of proportion the whole transgendered thing has been blown this year. I saw an article where they were criticizing the superheroes movies this year for not having LGBT representation. What are studios supposed to do? Make a list of all the kinds of people and start checking boxes until everyone feels represented?