Star Wars Resistance Animated Series Update & Discussion Thread

JayC

I'm ALL over this!  I am hoping Hasbro gives us not only gives us pilots but ships as well (together would be optimal).  One thing the new trilogy has been sorely lacking is good unique ships (aside from the spectacular Resistance Bomber that I can't even get a model kit for).  SW Resistance has it in spades with these ships! I want every single one of them...especially the TIE one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enter the First Order, and the darker aspects that come with it, and suddenly my interest is fairly well piqued... Prior to that, I was just kind of ‘meh’ about this whole thing. Even knowing Filoni was overseeing it. But, now it’s gotten a little more of my interest.

17 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

I'm ALL over this!  I am hoping Hasbro gives us not only gives us pilots but ships as well (together would be optimal).  One thing the new trilogy has been sorely lacking is good unique ships (aside from the spectacular Resistance Bomber that I can't even get a model kit for).  SW Resistance has it in spades with these ships! I want every single one of them...especially the TIE one.

Agreed, as soon as I saw that red TIE I was sold.

• 2 weeks later...
StarWars.com has a companion series for Star Wars: Resistance called Bucket's List, which looks at the easter eggs and references from each episode. Here's a look back at the first, two-part episode, "The Recruit" and Episode 3, "The Triple Dark"

Oh cool, I didn’t know they were doing these... It’s not quite ‘Rebels Recon’, but it’s cool to see them calling out some of the nods to Star Wars lore that’s making it into the series, and where it all fits.

After digging into the first few episodes of the series proper, I have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised by how much I’m enjoying it. I was initially turned off by the animation style, via the previews. But, it literally became a non-issue, once I actually got into the show. Of course, being that it’s aimed for a younger audience, as Rebels was, they run a little fast and loose with the kooky humor. And have yet to really delve into any meaty drama. But, so far, I’m down with it.

• Like 1

Yeah, the humor is a little too over the top at times, and I kinda miss the cg./3-d look of TCW & Rebels, but, it's not awful, imo. I like seeing the  OT aliens and PT pit droids, here and there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bespin refugee said:

Yeah, the humor is a little too over the top at times, and I kinda miss the cg./3-d look of TCW & Rebels, but, it's not awful, imo. I like seeing the  OT aliens and PT pit droids, here and there.

I would’ve loved it if this was done in the Rebels CG animated style... But, I can live with it. It comes across to me as probably slightly cheaper to produce, since they don’t have to really get in there with heavy details and cell shading and such. But, I’m no expert, so I could be entirely wrong.

I’m just glad that the overall vibe has kept me interested. And, when they really start to roll out more First Order stuff, that’ll probably really get my excitement up.

• 4 weeks later...

https://jediinsider.com/243-20228

A familiar face from Yeager's past returns, but it's not a happy reunion in this clip from "The Platform Classic."

Watch Star Wars Resistance every Sunday at 10:00pm ET/PT on Disney Channel.

Things go from bad to worse for Kaz and Poe Dameron when company shows up in this clip from "Station Theta Black."

I’m all caught up to the latest episode of this series, and I’ve mostly been enjoying it. I do think it has its faults — is a little too goofy at times, and such. And Kaz can be just a bit too oafish and clutzy, as well. But, the First Order parts of the series always get my attention. So, this episode will hopefully be decent.

• 1 month later...

The First Order has arrived, and it's up to Kaz to rally his friends to defend the Colossus. Get your first look at what's next for Star Wars Resistance this season in a harrowing mid-season trailer, and tune in when Star Wars Resistance returns on Sunday, January 13 on Disney Channel!

logo__scaled_600.jpg>

Star Wars Resistance returns from its mid-season break on January 12th, and you can check out some of the upcoming threats in the mid-season trailer. The series has also been renewed for a second season, starting in Fall 2019.

Lucasfilm Animation stalwart Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) created the series; Clone Wars and Rebels veterans Athena Portillo, Justin Ridge and Brandon Auman are executive producers. Amy Beth Christenson is the art director.

The voice cast includes Christopher Sean as Kaz, along with Suzie McGrath, Scott Lawrence, Myrna Velasco, Josh Brener, Donald Faison, Jim Rash and Bobby Moynihan. Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprise their roles from the Star Wars films as, respectively, Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma.
(Source: TheHollywoodReporter)

Cool that it’s been renewed, I suppose... I’ve liked what I’ve seen of the first season, thus far. Which is every episode up until the shows mid-season return. But, I haven’t loved it. Here’s hoping they get the show down to a science like Rebels eventually did.

In exchange for parts, Kaz minds acquisitions for Flix and Orka, and comes into conflict with a shady alien customer in league with the First Order in this clip from "Dangerous Business."

As Synara settles into life on the Platform, she is contacted by her pirate compatriots for a new mission. She is thrown into a tight spot when she learns that the object of the mission is her new friend - the Captain's daughter, Torra Doza in this clip from "The Doza Dilemma."

When Kel and Eila seek out Kaz's help after accidentally knocking out a First Order stormtrooper, Kaz dons the trooper's armor in an effort to collect more information on the First Order in this clip from "The New Trooper." 

Watch Star Wars Resistance every Sunday at 10:00pm ET/PT on Disney Channel.

• 2 weeks later...

Poe and Kaz seek out an area of the Unknown Regions that their intel on the First Order is pointing to. After the unsettling discovery of multiple cored and broken planets, they must evade a series of First Order pilots in order to make it back alive in this clip from "The Core Problem."

• 2 weeks later...

The First Order presence is affecting life on the platform - big races are being cancelled and platformers are mysteriously disappearing. Kaz and Torra manage to successfully free the First Order prisoners, but don't realize that their actions have put Team Fireball in a compromising position in "The Disappeared."

After the First Order discover the Fireball was the ship that crossed into their territory, Yeager's crew must evade troopers hunting them down. After realizing that Kaz and Yeager have been lying to her over the past season, Tam decides to stay with the troopers, convinced her own innocence will save her from the wrath of the First Order in "Descent."

• 1 month later...

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE