JayC

Star Wars Resistance Animated Series Update & Discussion Thread

During the annual meeting of The Walt Disney Company France and its partners, a slide was shown revealing key art for Star Wars Resistance, a new animated series from Dave Fioni, set to debut this fall on the Disney Channel and Disney XD. The series, set prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, will focus on Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance, and will feature BB-8, Captain Phasma, and Poe Dameron, both voiced by the original actors.
(Source: Originally posted by @GuillaumeFr)

Star-Wars-Resistance-Concept-Art__scaled_800.jpg

Humm I don't really know what to think about this new cartoon. At one side I don't really care about these new characters and setting as portrayed by this new trilogy.  I didn't like both new movies at all and the way that they are dealing with the old characters an introducing these new and unrelatable (at least for me) ones. On the other hand it's Filoni on the helm and his works are amazing and the best thing in Star Wars since the original movies. I love the previous cartoons. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

I wished that they continued the rebels arc somehow and tell something about the fate of Ezra, Ahsoka and Sabine. Also I would very much like to see the days o the old republic explored in depth. 

It's just hard to see Star Wars without Jedis and apparently this will be focusing mainly on the pilots and other characters that are not force sensitive or force wielders. 

Not sure how I feel about this new cartoon but then again Clone wars and Rebels have prove me wrong but just the animation looks to cartoony compare to 3d. 

I’ll definitely be checking this series out, when it debuts... I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about Rebels, after its initial launch, and later on, grew to love it! So, here’s hoping this one lives up to the Star Wars title.

Can’t wait... none of the other animated series have disappointed me. So I have high hopes for this one. I’ll set the DVR as soon as a date and time are announced.

6 hours ago, Snake_Eyes said:

Can’t wait... none of the other animated series have disappointed me. So I have high hopes for this one. I’ll set the DVR as soon as a date and time are announced.

I agree, I think the animated series have been getting better and better with each incarnation, this one seems like it's going to be a tricky one though based on the time period it will be set in. Will be interesting how much if at all we will see classic mainstream characters like Han Luke or Leia.

Agreed. Not sure how existing original trilogy characters will weave into the mix. But hopefully it’s great and they actually establish Phasma more than she has been in the movies.

If they can make Phasma and Hux interesting characters, and maybe show how the First Order came to power, this show will be awesome. Those things were never really explained in the movies, they were just there. Dave Filoni always does good on these shows.

Disney Announces New Animated Series #StarWars: Resistance 

"Disney is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world....

set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)

logo__scaled_600.jpg

SOMEONE PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! I AM FREAKING OUT!

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE