Star Wars Resistance Animated Series Update & Discussion Thread

JayC

During the annual meeting of The Walt Disney Company France and its partners, a slide was shown revealing key art for Star Wars Resistance, a new animated series from Dave Fioni, set to debut this fall on the Disney Channel and Disney XD. The series, set prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, will focus on Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance, and will feature BB-8, Captain Phasma, and Poe Dameron, both voiced by the original actors.
(Source: Originally posted by @GuillaumeFr)

Star-Wars-Resistance-Concept-Art__scaled_800.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm I don't really know what to think about this new cartoon. At one side I don't really care about these new characters and setting as portrayed by this new trilogy.  I didn't like both new movies at all and the way that they are dealing with the old characters an introducing these new and unrelatable (at least for me) ones. On the other hand it's Filoni on the helm and his works are amazing and the best thing in Star Wars since the original movies. I love the previous cartoons. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

I wished that they continued the rebels arc somehow and tell something about the fate of Ezra, Ahsoka and Sabine. Also I would very much like to see the days o the old republic explored in depth. 

It's just hard to see Star Wars without Jedis and apparently this will be focusing mainly on the pilots and other characters that are not force sensitive or force wielders. 

I’ll definitely be checking this series out, when it debuts... I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about Rebels, after its initial launch, and later on, grew to love it! So, here’s hoping this one lives up to the Star Wars title.

6 hours ago, Snake_Eyes said:

Can’t wait... none of the other animated series have disappointed me. So I have high hopes for this one. I’ll set the DVR as soon as a date and time are announced.

I agree, I think the animated series have been getting better and better with each incarnation, this one seems like it's going to be a tricky one though based on the time period it will be set in. Will be interesting how much if at all we will see classic mainstream characters like Han Luke or Leia.

If they can make Phasma and Hux interesting characters, and maybe show how the First Order came to power, this show will be awesome. Those things were never really explained in the movies, they were just there. Dave Filoni always does good on these shows.

Disney Announces New Animated Series #StarWars: Resistance 

"Disney is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world....

set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)

logo__scaled_600.jpg

SOMEONE PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! I AM FREAKING OUT!

• 4 weeks later...

https://jediinsider.com/243-20011

Star Wars Resistance Premieres Sunday, October 7 at 10pm ET/PT on Disney Channel.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

https://jediinsider.com/243-20015

In addition to film characters BB-8, Captain Phasma, and Poe Dameron (the latter voiced by Gwendoline Christie and Oscar Issac, respectively), voice actress Rachel Butera announces she'll voice General Leia on Star Wars: Resistance, which debuts Sunday, October 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT/PDT), on Disney Channel, DisneyNOW and Disney Channel VOD, with subsequent airings on Disney XD.

• 3 weeks later...

https://jediinsider.com/243-20059

You’ve already met Team Fireball, now we are pleased to introduce you to the elite crew of ace pilots hired to serve and protect the Colossus platform in Star Wars Resistance.

#StarWarsResistance

The one-hour series premiere of Star Wars Resistance will make its debut on October 7th on Disney Channel (10 p.m. ET/PT) and DisneyNOW. Two additional new episodes will be available via the DisneyNOW app and Disney Channel VOD, giving kids and families access to the series wherever and whenever they want to watch.

https://jediinsider.com/243-20071

Lucasfilm publicist Tracy Cannobbio (@Tcann13) posts this image and accompaning quote from Star Wars Resistance, which premieres October 7th on Disney Channel (10 p.m. ET/PT) and DisneyNOW.

https://jediinsider.com/243-20081

Episode 101 - "The Recruit: Part 1" 
Airdate: Oct. 7, 2018
X-wing pilot Kazuda Xiono is recruited for the Resistance, but finds himself in over his head when Poe Dameron assigns him to a remote fueling station to spy on the First Order. Then, after Kaz boasts about being the best pilot around, he is forced to compete in a dangerous sky race.
*Guest starring is Oscar Isaac (“Star Wars: The Last Jedi”) as Poe Dameron, Jim Rash (“Community”) and Bobby Moynihan (“DuckTales”) as Flix and Orka, respectively.

Episode 102 "The Recruit: Part 2"
Airdate: Oct. 7, 2018
X-wing pilot Kazuda Xiono is recruited for the Resistance, but finds himself in over his head when Poe Dameron assigns him to a remote fueling station to spy on the First Order. Then, after Kaz boasts about being the best pilot around, he is forced to compete in a dangerous sky race.
*Guest starring is Oscar Isaac (“Star Wars: The Last Jedi”) as Poe Dameron, Jim Rash (“Community”) and Bobby Moynihan (“DuckTales”) as Flix and Orka, respectively.

Episode 103 - "The Triple Dark"
Airdate: Oct. 14, 2018
Kaz and BB-8 uncover information on an imminent pirate attack and must find a way to stop it.
*Gwendoline Christie (“Star Wars: The Last Jedi”) guest stars as Captain Phasma.

Episode 104 - "Fuel For The Fire"
Airdate: Oct. 21, 2018
Kaz befriends a sky racer named Rucklin who pressures him to take some rare and dangerous hyperfuel hidden in Yeager’s office.
* Elijah Wood (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy) guest stars as Jace Rucklin.

Episode 105 - " The High Tower"
Airdate: Oct. 28, 2018
The First Order arrives at the platform for mysterious reasons and Kaz and BB-8 are determined to sneak into the tower to find out what they want.
*Donald Faison (“Scrubs”) guest stars as Hype Fazon.
(Source: DisneyABCPress)

https://jediinsider.com/243-20085

A daring pilot embarks upon a secret mission against the First Order... with a lot of help from his friends in Star Wars Resistance. Premiering Sunday, October 7 at 10pm ET/PT on Disney Channel.

Ok that second half made me want to see it finally. I'm glad its not all going to be set on that oil rig looking thing.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE