2018 SDCC - Diamond Select Toys Display

BaCon

So if I am not mistaken, this is finally the Enterprise C that  was missing?  That will make Jay C very happy. I am a fan of TNG and I am still trying to get the D. 

So, no news yet of the Raliant and the cobra phaser?  This is sad., specially the latter.

That Borg seem very cool! I hope he comes with tome different attachments. 

Humm...I'm not sure about the JJ Abrams Star Trek Selects. Look cool and all, but for me their time has passed and I personally don1t think that they will sell well. I don1t know what's their plan here. 

Changing the subject, that John Wick looks freaking cool! The likeness is definidamente there and I hope that he comes with "guns, lots of guns". Sure, this line is from another movie, but you guys got the idea. 

DST is putting up a great display. I am very happy with their products. 

The standouts to me are the Real Ghostbusters and Kingdom Hearts / Tron figures... I’d be on board for those Abramsverse Kirk and Spock, if it weren’t for that unsightly ab-crunch seam.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 2:25 AM, sXeblues said:

The standouts to me are the Real Ghostbusters and Kingdom Hearts / Tron figures... I’d be on board for those Abramsverse Kirk and Spock, if it weren’t for that unsightly ab-crunch seam.

Well those are prototypes. Maybe they get better when they go into production. If that increases the articulation, I don't care. The McFarlane look cool, but seem like statues. I never had one and will probably try to get Picard and then we'll see. 

2 hours ago, FASVB said:

Well those are prototypes. Maybe they get better when they go into production. If that increases the articulation, I don't care. The McFarlane look cool, but seem like statues. I never had one and will probably try to get Picard and then we'll see. 

I’ve only ever personally owned Art Asylum and Diamond Select Star Trek figures, from over the past fifteen or so years, and those have always been my preferred figures for anything Star Trek... It kind of flummoxes me that they would change up the aesthetic design in lieu of ab articulation, in this way. But then, I’m assuming that they may be trying to bring to their figures a look that is somewhat similar to Square/Enix’s Play Arts figure line, which also sacrifices certain aspects of the character’s appearance for the sake of a crazy amount of articulation. That’s just my guess. Truth be told, if this Kirk and Spock do not prove to be so costly, I might reconsider picking them up. Even in spite of the fact that I hate how the torso is literally cut in half. Because I do want to support Star Trek figures being produced. But, time will tell.

4 hours ago, hoomanbean said:

I love the Pacific Rim 2 Jeagers. Too bad there's no Saber Athena DST, she was my favorite Jeager.

I loved the Saber Athensa Jeager cause she actually showed some fast combat moves and was more agile. It was way more fun to watch on the big screen than the first movie cause with that movie, it was just slow motion punches and the Jeagers moved a little too slow. I was fun to watch her fight fast with more moves.