2018 SDCC - Storm Collectibles Display

BaCon

Damn, I’m mad digging that Mortal Kombat display with Sub-Zero, Scorpion and all of the other ninja-esque dudes... Also, Lobo is looking pretty badass. That dragon, amidst all of those other figures, is friggin’ crazy cool.

Storm doesn't disappoint with any figure. I am very excited with the MK figures. Baraka looks freaking cool and the Liu Kang Dragon form is amazing. I wonder where is he. And the Lin Kuey ninja robots! Man Cyrax, Sektor...those look the coolest to me. Seeing MK3 Sub Zero finally is awesome.

If I have to say one bad thing is that the female figures seem off. Idk why. Maybe the legs, but these are portotypes, so they could be improved. 

The new SF and KoF figures are also the most appealing to me. Street Fighter with  more classics Ken and Ryu. I liked the hot Chun Li, but I like the classic buns look more. Kyo Kusanagi looks freaking perfect. I want to see Terry Boggard and Joe Higashi.  And of course, Mai Shiranui. I ope they show her soon.

This figure line is a wallet killer! 

So far Storm Collectibles is the only one of these companies that seems to living up to the hype. I don't own one yet so I can't speak to their quality but they do look really good. I love Mortal Kombat but the reason I haven't jumped in on this line is that I never was a fan of the generic Ninja color palette swaps but if they make the designs from Mortal Kombat 9, I'll get a few of them.

I hope they start adding more gore effects with these figs. At least more fatalityesque effects. I enjoy how Reptiles and Subzeros accessories kind of go well with eachother. Such great figs, my wallet is going to be crying the next few years. 

I cant wait til we get more characters from Tekken 7, namely my boy Jack and some other favorites. Also cant wait for Iori, Terry and Rugal for KOF98. Im hoping they make a more SF2 version of Akuma and that Nostalgia SFV version isnt counted as THAT version. It makes me think that just the "exclusive variation" characters are going to be made ala Violent Ken and Evil Ryu only. I suppose we ll see. 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:43 AM, Belmont13 said:

So far Storm Collectibles is the only one of these companies that seems to living up to the hype. I don't own one yet so I can't speak to their quality but they do look really good. I love Mortal Kombat but the reason I haven't jumped in on this line is that I never was a fan of the generic Ninja color palette swaps but if they make the designs from Mortal Kombat 9, I'll get a few of them.

They are really great figures. I have Shao Kahn, Reptile and Sub zero and they are some of the best figures for the price that I own. I dont regret spending the money with how they have turned out. Also Mortal Kombat seems to be their only license that seems to cover the whole series unlike Tekken 7, King of Fighters 98, Ultra Street Fighter 2, and Street Fighter V. Considering the figures theyve shown have covered MK1 through 3 as well as a prototype of Scorpion from MKX. I think we ll be seeing alot of MK figures for a LOOOOONNNGGG time so I think its a safe bet you ll get your MK9 ninjas. 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:36 AM, ggt721 said:

I might have to get that Reptile as he's my favorite fighter in Mortal Kombat

you may want to act quick, hes been out for like 6 months and hes sold out just about everywhere. The only way you can really get him now is i think BBTS and its the special edition where they are bloodied up.