JoeCon 2018

JoeRhyno

Where is it this year? I'm so out of touch anymore.

• Like 1

Man...I had plans to go. It's just a couple of hours away, but my summertime budget can't quite handle it, so I guess I'll have to try again some other time... *sigh*

• Sad 1

I don't think there was anything really there other than con exclusives and just the regulars getting together for one final pow-wow being this is the final JoeCon at least under the current management.

So, did anyone get anything from JoeCon? My friend is coming home and he brought me home some resin cast goodies picked up from some casters, sad you have boots on the ground and you don't even want/get any official stuff (at those prices and now 2nd hand, who does)... good news is I found an older con 2-pack baggie with a Clutch I forgot I had, lol.

The big news for me came out of the Kindle Worlds Author Panel: 

Official Release: During the JoeCon 2018 Kindle Worlds Author Panel, it was announced that Bill Nedrow will be responsible for writing a Marauder Task Force novel. The announcement came at the end of an awards presentation in which one lucky panel attendee was awarded a collection of prizes that included the prototype of the forthcoming Marauder Task Force exo-suit.

The novel's first draft has been completed and is being reviewed. It will still need to undergo revisions and editing, but it will hopefully be available by the year's end. The current plan calls for a paperback run to follow an extremely limited number of hardcover editions being made available to the public.

The attached promotional image was a mock-up/proof of concept idea and does not represent the final cover. However, it was used in the PowerPoint to announce the forthcoming project.

Look for more details as they unfold in the following weeks and months.

Cover_mock_up.jpg

• Like 2

I'll look into why you're name isn't coming up, Bill, but I'm so happy for this news and can't wait to read this book (this is my friend Bill Nedrow, author & creator of the Stiletto character, ? ). 

• Like 1

I've only gone to 3 my whole life, so I didn't get the whole community thing like some that Ive read talk about it. I did get a kick out of seeing some of the same guys there, and likes seeing a Joe-heavy dealer hall, but I'm sure it will live on in some way, shape or form. I'm bet money, like TF con, there will still be a Joe Con, lol.

You want to make JoeCon great again?  Bring back the stuff that people want such as the boxsets... I still have like 3 or 4 of these sets in their original shipping packaging...

rahboxart.JPG

09RAHboxSM_PostBanner.jpg

Bring back more old style Joes.  That's what I think people really want.  But maybe I am being presumptuous. I have never gotten to go to a Joecon.  I got to go to Botcon one year but that was because it was less than 5 miles from my house!

21 hours ago, Phanstar said:

Bring back more old style Joes.  That's what I think people really want.  But maybe I am being presumptuous. I have never gotten to go to a Joecon.  I got to go to Botcon one year but that was because it was less than 5 miles from my house!

You mean with O-rings? I can see an anniversary set, but I think those are long gone. Heck, on one of the club's recent blowout sales, that's all they had were those o-ring 2-packs they still can't sell, lol.