WELCOME TO THE UPDATED TNI FORUMS

JayC

I am writing this message because I just wanted to update you all on some things and changes going on here. For those who don't know me my name is JayC and I am the owner and operator of Toy News International.

1. If you are a longtime forum user then you may have noticed some changes and upgrades going on around here. We in fact have been taking steps recently to update the servers so in turn we could start updating and enhancing the forum software that is now available out there. These forums have been around for a long time and the severs they used to be hosted on had gotten old and out of date and could no longer handle the more advance forum features now available. We have and are taking step to fix that.

2. In the process of upgrading servers as often times there is we these kind of things we did hit a snafu and lost some posts that were made on here over the course of the last month or so. I do apologize for that. We tried to retrieve as much of the lost data as possible but some stuff was lost.

3. Our goal... with things like social media and places like Facebook there is no doubt that the over all use of message boards in general has decreased over the years. It is very hard to compete with the likes of a Facebook for social interaction. That being said I still feel there is a place for a more dedicated and safe place people in the action figure collecting community can come and share their thoughts, images, toy finds, trades, customs, ect ect, and I want these forums to be that place. That is why we have updated the forums so you guys can do virtually anything here you would be able to do on other social media platforms, and this place will be run an operated by fellow to collectors for toy collectors. Your information will be safe and we hope to create a safe environment you feel comfortable posting and participating in. And for those who also use Facebook, one of the new features is even that you can use your same login from there on here if you don't already have a forum account here. 

4. One thing right off you may notice is we added a new section titled Toy News International with two new sections listed as Action Figure News and Entertainment News. One of my main goals I have had from day one of launching these websites is to keep collectors informed about the things they are most interested in, Toys. The Forums and the website itself has always been two separate entities for the most part but in time that will no longer be the case. We hope to have everything eventually done so you can find it all in one place. For now there will still be the main site https://www.ToyNewsi.com where all the action figure and entertainment news related to action figures can be found, but you will also find the same news posted on the main site mirrored in these two new sections where folks can comment on and talk about. For those who come to just the main site will now have ability to make comments about stories we post which will show up in these new sections (assuming they decide to register an account here on the forums). This in turn I hope will drive more people here to the forums and will make our news more interactive. Who doesn't like to share their own thoughts about the latest breaking news right? Now the rest of the forums will remain as they always have where you can start your own topics and comment and such.

5. Finally I just want to add that these changes will be an ongoing process as we strive to try and create the ultimate community for action figure collecting, so any and all feedback from you guys is always appreciated. Feel free to post such feedback in the forums or you can PM me directly. We can't make things better unless we hear from you guys and know what you want.

For long time users I want to say thanks for sticking around and always supporting the site and for new users I say welcome and here is to making toy collecting fun for us all.

• JayC pinned this topic

let us know any features you see, you like, don't, etc.

We're trying to make it as user friendly as possible. 

You can now use most emojis from your phone,  you can tag members so say you wanted to let @Devilbat know about the new batman wave. Just hit the @ symbol and start typing the name, it should pop up and you can choose them. 

You can also like topics and hopefully comments. There is a reputation system, as we get it worked out, I'll fill you all in on it.

Lastly, please look into your settings, on the top right, you can go into your notifications and change them to what is better for you. I'm trying to get mobile phone notifications enabled, I think that will help 90% making this succeed in today's mobile phone lifestyle.

Thank you and hope to keep the improvements coming to make it easier on all. 

Cool! I am glad to be back!

I was mentioned by the head moderator...I'm famous!! (lol)

Thank you, gentlemen, for the update. I've been posting and sharing on here for so many years that it feels like a part of my home...a fun, inviting, and familiar place I've always been able to come and indulge in talking about, looking at, and sharing pics of toys (mostly). Thanks guys, for providing such a place, and I look forward to many more years on here!  

• Like 1

We got a lot of work to do to really get these forums active again and in this age of social media its even more difficult but hopefully with your guys help we can make it happen.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...