yojoebro82

New GI Joe movie...in 2020

Two more years until GI Joe 3. Thoughts:

Here's hoping for a complete and total reboot. I am wondering if they are still dead set on getting the Rock back or will they move forward without him. I think whether or not he returns will be very telling. If he DOES, I think they will rest on the fact that they have him to sell their tickets and story wise we will get more of the same as the last two films. If they move on without him, I think there's more of a hope that they will make an attempt to beef up their story and hopefully give it some substance.

Unfortunately, with or without the Rock, it sounds like they're going to be focused on universe building (because all action franchises have to copy that model now), so they're probably going to find a way to force things like MASK and Transformers into the continuity....even though GI Joe works better without them (I know that's an opinion). We'll see...

If DePriest is to be believed from this past year's SDCC, this will be the time when GI Joe makes the big comeback to the toy aisle.....to STAY (I specifically remember the "to stay" part) and that they have big plans for the comeback. I believe we'll see new toys for the movie. I WANT to believe it will be back to stay, but are they telling me that if that movie bombs hard they're still going to stand by the GI Joe toy line? The past has shown otherwise.

I know as we get closer and closer, cries for 6" GI Joe will only get louder, but darned if I don't just want to stick with 3.75" for the same reason I want to stick with 3.75" Star Wars. And yet, I know if they get made (I think they probably will), they will look great and I'll be tempted.

What do you Joe fans think? I want to hear from both of you!

I could go into a diatribe about how Hollyweird has no clue how to make a decent movie anymore, or how they take sadistic glee in mutilating these nostalgia heavy properties, or how they're to interested in placating the foreign markets to ever do a property as patriotic as G.I. Joe justice, but its all been said before.

Bottom line: Do it right or don't do it at all. As much as I'd love to have Joe back in the mainstream, I rather it stay dead and buried than have another crap movie go all Kevin Spacey on it's corpse,

They really need to just reboot & stay AWAY from a shared universe...that works for some movies & others it really just makes a jumbled mess of lazy & hurried writing & poor decisions.....I thought Rise of Cobra was just okay...I was finally getting Stormy & Snake Eyes on screen so I was willing to give it a slight pass.....Channing's acting was still wooden but it has improved greatly since then....Retaliation was just horrible....from start to finish...a jumbled mess of dysfunction that wasted its characters & actors...Bruce Willis wasn't needed imop...neither was the Rock....nothing against him but the writing for GI J2 was garbage.....they even found a way to WASTE an appearance by Walton Goggins....I like him as an actor but he did it for fun imop.....Cobra Commander was way underused & they WASTED Destro completely.....there was so much wrong w/#2....They really need to do a solid Reboot & write a proper treatment for the Joes.....use the core characters to start with....they could just start off w/an World where the Joes already exist & are constantly fighting w/Cobra to balance the world.....that would be easier than having to build up a believable story line where the Joes are formed & Cobra has to magically Pop-up from somewhere w/out all the plot-hole questions....I realize they had that "Epic" ninja fight scene in #2 but they used a majority of that footage for one of the teaser trailers & I thought to myself..."I hope that isn't all the best footage"....& it was.....

Great news...as long as they've learned from past mistakes and do it right, that is. The first two films were watchable for me, but all they really did was prove G.I. Joe has the potential to be a great movie property. It seems that military-themed films seem to be on the upswing in popularity, and maybe they want to capitalize on the current climate in Hollywood, strike while the iron's hot, as the old saying goes...

Mainly, I just want Hasbro to have an excuse to make great G.I. Joe toys again. (lol) They're sorely missed...

Two more years until GI Joe 3. Thoughts:

Here's hoping for a complete and total reboot. I am wondering if they are still dead set on getting the Rock back or will they move forward without him. I think whether or not he returns will be very telling. If he DOES, I think they will rest on the fact that they have him to sell their tickets and story wise we will get more of the same as the last two films. If they move on without him, I think there's more of a hope that they will make an attempt to beef up their story and hopefully give it some substance.

Unfortunately, with or without the Rock, it sounds like they're going to be focused on universe building (because all action franchises have to copy that model now), so they're probably going to find a way to force things like MASK and Transformers into the continuity....even though GI Joe works better without them (I know that's an opinion). We'll see...

If DePriest is to be believed from this past year's SDCC, this will be the time when GI Joe makes the big comeback to the toy aisle.....to STAY (I specifically remember the "to stay" part) and that they have big plans for the comeback. I believe we'll see new toys for the movie. I WANT to believe it will be back to stay, but are they telling me that if that movie bombs hard they're still going to stand by the GI Joe toy line? The past has shown otherwise.

I know as we get closer and closer, cries for 6" GI Joe will only get louder, but darned if I don't just want to stick with 3.75" for the same reason I want to stick with 3.75" Star Wars. And yet, I know if they get made (I think they probably will), they will look great and I'll be tempted.

What do you Joe fans think? I want to hear from both of you!

Even if DePriest states it's to Stay after the new movie comes out, it will really depend on how well the toys sell that will determine if it's here to stay or not. So I more suspect he means he's hoping it's here to stay. I think DePriest was being optimistic.

They may have big plans when the new movie comes out, but if it doesn't do good in terms of selling product, then it will again be put on hold.

When Joe returns, we have no idea in what format either, let alone if it's going to be 4", 6", 8", 12", 10" titans style, 2.5", or an entirely different scale or number of scales. I would hope they will still be very well articulated with mostly ball jointes. We have no idea if it will be Joe V.S. Cobra, Adventure Team inspired, or something else all together, like a new concept.

We really don't know at this time, and I'm not even sure if Hasbro knows at this time too(Maybe in 2019 when they start development of the toys once actual production of the movie begins. Assuming it happens of course).

I would hope they do 4" figures that are very well articulated. To be fair, while if they do 6" figures, I'm sure most of us would want designs based on the 1980's-1990's looks of the characters, I personally would pick them up if they were new designs or designs that I don't have in 4" scale.

Everybody should check out a movie on Netflix called Battle Drones. On the face of it, it does come off as a little "sci-fi channel," but just give it a watch then someone PLEASE tell me why, with all the money and resources they have access to, Hasbro has failed TWICE now to deliver a suitable G.I. Joe movie when a from nowhere low budget strait to streaming movie made for less than they probably paid for The Rock's personal trainer turns in an almost letter perfect Joe story.