yojoebro82

Who buys Mezco figures?

I'm late tot he party but I got my first One 12 figure, BvS Batman and I can't put this thing down. Amazing, amazing piece.

I picked him up because I really wasn't a fan of any of Mattel's standard BvS Batman figures and I read enough good reviews to take the plunge. Even if you don't like Batffleck, this is just an amazing Batman figure in its own right.

Now I'm this close to getting BvS Superman. The other JL figures that Mattel has done I'm really OK with. I like their WW, Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg, so I am going to try to cut it off after Supes, but the Mezco WW looks great......

....wow, six DC posts already this morning.

I love the look of these Mezco and Quantum Mechanix figures but I just can't justify spending $70-$90 dollars on one figure.

The Star Trek figures are amazing and the classic Superman looks great but I simply can't afford to shell out that kind of money.

If I could I'd probably buy most of them.

Bottom line they are not for me. Honestly, I hate the the cloth outfits they look like pajamas and I don't like how the headsculpts turn out. I was tempted to get the Daredevil one but the more I saw it the more I decided against it. While the accessories were great and the articulation was awesome the more I saw pictures of the outfit the more it threw me off I'm not sure what era or artwork the outfit was supposed to represent but it didn't look comic accurate to me. It's frustrating to me when Hasbro releases inaccuracies in their figures and that's a $20 figure, when the figure cost $80 it's unforgivable. The other selling point to me was the unmasked Matt Murdock head, I have been wanting an unmasked no glasses Matt Murdock head forever but the Mezco one turned out so bland so that's another point off for it. Another thing that bothered me was that they took their Daredevil figure and released it in black as a NYCC exlcusive Shadowland DD, not only it was once again comic inaccurate it was also the same figure; Hasbro gets a ton of hate for doing that, Mezco does it with an $80 price tag and no one bats an eye. I see a lot of people in the Facebook Marvel Legends posting pictures of the Mezco and talking how they are the next great thing, I just go: Meh. If you like them good for you, I'm glad you enjoy them but it's not a line I would actively get.

I'm not sure what era or artwork the outfit was supposed to represent but it didn't look comic accurate to me.

I know I've seen interviews where they say they like to put their own personal touches on some of these figures, the end result often being CLOSE to comic accurate, and yet just a little bit off...enough to turn off some collectors. Yeah, those figures I am not even really tempted to get.

As far as movie based figures, and my Batman in particular, I love it. Their upcoming Ragnarok Hulk and Thor look amazing. Fortunately, Hasbro does a good enough job on their movie toys, particularly with the new digital painting, that I won't be needing those either. But like I say, I'd just like a solid movie Batman and Superman, two figures I think Mattel dropped the ball on. Then, hopefully my itch will be scratched.

I'm afraid I'm with Belmont on this one...I've been tempted a few times to get the Punisher from this series, but in the end, I'm just not usually a fan of clothed figures. Even if it's a Hot Toys figure we're talking about, the scale doesn't always allow for the uniforms and outfits to look realistic...not that I can afford those and would know from first-hand experience... (lol)

I don't know...I'd have to see one of these in-person before passing final judgement, but I just can't bring myself to pay so much for a six-inch-plus figure...I have a hard-enough time paying twenty bucks a pop for the Marvel Legends ones I love...

But hey...I'm glad for you, yojoe...I'm always happy when one of my collecting brothers has found something they enjoy so much.

• Like 2

I was really digging that Deluxe Punisher for the extras....I'm okay w/the overall head sculps & such but Yes the "outfits" turn me off..I wish I could afford one or two of these figs but for now I admire from the sidlines...I liked the DD as well....

Anytime someone asks me if they SHOULD buy such-and-such, or if I think a certain price is "worth it," I give the same answer. If you got the cash, and that's what you want, go for it.

That being said, I'm with Belmont and Devilbat on this one. These Mezco things are not for me. I'm perfectly happy with the product put out by Mattel (when I can find it). I don't need cloth costumes (which at a 6" scale look ridiculous), a bag full of alternate heads, hands, feet, faces, etc, or an arsenal of hand-painted laser scanned weaponry.

Give me a mass-retail figure with a soft-goods cape, super-articulation, a good selection of character specific accessories, and a 19.99 SRP and I'll be a pig in $#!+.

Well bah humbug to you all! :)

No, I get it, these are expensive figures and I definitely wouldn't trade in the collection I have in order to start buying these on a regular basis. But I now have the DOJ Superman and regular Batman and both are amazing. I took some pics with the rest of my Mattel JL figures but they came out blurry....anyhow, I'm pretty happy with how my 6" live action Justice League looks now. I was contemplating ordering that Mezco Wonder Woman but I'm not going to bite. Mattel did a pretty good one with the TRU movie exclusive. I can walk away from this line now back to my regularly scheduled $20 retail/a-fraction-of-that-cost-on-amazon-if-you're-patient action figures.

• Like 1

I like some of them but it’s buy one of them or 3 or 4 other figures.... I’m still thinking I’ll get a Flash figure one day.