GuitarDevil

Cobra SDCC Missile Command HQ

Well "they" released shots of the upcoming exclusive....while I really wanted this when I was younger.....I think I can pass on this now....$50 buxx is a lot of cash for this set. It looks cool but the figs are kinda lackluster & some new figs or new troopers or vipers would've have been awesome.....I guess they work w/what they've got....nice try though....

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=29170&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Gotta say I do miss that "Old School" artwork on the boxes...I would buy it for just that alone....it if was $25 though...

After recovering from the shock of Hasbro acknowledging GI Joe's existence:

It's $50 for three figures and some cardboard. I bit pricey? Yeah. But I think it is pretty neat. I may have to try to grab this on HTS.

• Like 1

Yeah I will pass too. I think someone still makes a plastic recreation of it which would last a lot longer than cardboard would.

Well...how cool is that?! That'd be nice to have MISB for display...

If they had done this 5 or 6 years ago, I would've been all over it. Now? If Hasbro wants my Joe-money they need to $#!+ or get off the pot. Screw the collector clubs, the exclusives, the subs. Put Joe in mainstream retail or dump it.

Seriously, even the hard-liners are getting fed up with all these half-hearted placations.

How serious am I?

The Corps! is starting to look pretty darn good, giant monkeys and all . . . and I can find it in stores.

I understand your frustration, mako...it's very disappointing to get an occasional crumb here and there, as it were, when some of us remember the days when the j-hooks in stores were overflowing with figures on any given weekend. I, too wish that G.I. Joe could be restored to its former glory in earnest...

OK, friends, I am just wondering if this set is ever going to be on hasbrotoyshop or any other such website in the near future. I have not been able to keep my ear tot he ground on this one so I have no clue. It would be nice if I could try my luck at getting this. If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be.

The SDCC sale date released by Hasblow was 8/14/17.....then a few days ago on FB I saw some guys already posting that they had "bought" their stuff already?....I thought naww....but I was wrong...apparently Hasslebro had SDCC exclusives up for sale for about 2 or 3 hours....it was 3 a.m. my time so I was zzz-ing........thanks Hasblow....after many "eye-rolls" later, I found out they did release them "mistakenly" soooo everybody that ordered received notices that said Hasbro would "honor" those sales....sooo a bunch of dudes got their stuff early & now the rest of us can fight it out on Monday morning...I give up....I'm not gonna bother...Last year I was lucky enough to get an Obi Wan but this shiii gets more ridiculous every passing year.....its nice they give us the opportunity to purchases this stuff but if it becomes such a hassle for the consumer then I'll spend my money somewhere else.....

Well, I did stalk the HTS website like the rest of the toy nerd world yesterday. I was able to get a good half hour in during my lunch break. I never saw this set go up for sale. Anyone know if it was on there and sold out right away?

Even as I was looking I was thinking I'm just going to let this slide. It's a neat reproduction of an outrageously expensive classic piece but it IS just a reproduction and I don't know if $50 is worth it. I know I don't need the figures that are included with it.

It's OK, more money to spend on all the other Joe product that we are about to be deluged with.

Everything went up right at 1PM CDT. This sold out first in under 10 minutes, followed shortly by Skater Prime. IDW set went within an hour. I snagged all 3 plus the ML set for my buddy & this, IDW & ML for myself.