Talk about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 here

yojoebro82

I liked it a lot! Here are my thoughts:

I liked the direction they went in with this movie. The overall plot was great. All of the characters were handled well and given their time to shine.

Ego was a great villain. It would have been nice for Star Lord to have a nice, loving daddy (I liked the father/son game of cosmic "catch") but I knew he was too good to be true. We will see CGI de-aging our Hollywood stars on a regular basis from here on out (the trailer for Pirates 14 showed the same thing with Johnny Depp).

Yondu and Rocket really kicked @$$ during that break out scene.

I thought they were pushing it a little too much with Drax at the beginning of the movie with every line of dialogue being either a one-liner or a really over the top belly laugh. He did mellow out as the movie went on, though.

I really enjoyed Yondu and his larger roll. He will be missed. He went out like a hero.

I also enjoyed Gamora and Nebula's story line. At one point Nebula saves Gamora and I thought Nebula might die soon afterward, but I was wrong.

So, Stan Lee IS a Watcher........????

I liked the soundtrack for the first movie better but my toe was still tapping for this one.

Every fanboy in the world will soon have that "Yeah Baby" shirt.

I actually kind of enjoyed watching the credits.They made credit FUN!

Good movie. Bring me the action figures!

• Like 1

I watched the movie and I agree everything with what you said, I loved it. I heard complaints that it was just a rehash of the first one but I disagree, they took a breather from the big scope and decided to concentrate on the characters. We got some really good characters moments in this movie with some good humor also. Speaking of humor I felt some of it wasn't as great as the first one but it was still good. My other gripe is that I feel that Zoe Zaldaña's Gamora continues to be the weak link in the movie, could be that her character is a departure from the comics then again so is Drax maybe more than Gamora but Batista still manages to make it work and turn it into something enjoyable but it could also be that I really don't like Zoe Zaldaña. I also liked that this felt like a standalone movie not connected to the big MCU save for a few mentions of Thanos which makes sense considering Gamora's and Nebula's history. I also agree that the soundtrack for the first movie was better(I recognized more songs from it). As for Stan Lee, there's a theory floating around that is really a watcher and that's he's always making cameos on the movies, I think this was James Gunn's way of referencing that and having fun with it. I'm curious about the appearance of the Watchers considering that technically they would belong with Fox unless Marvel Studios got them when they made the deal with Fox for Ego. Lastly, stop teasing already and give me Adam Warlock.

Loved it...I was able to sneak away from work last Friday w/my lady & we loved it....we also caught it w/my nieces on Sunday as well....we're not rich but fools for Marvel movies....I really dug Yondu even more after this....he's deeper than I suspected...character development was definitely a biggie in this one....very touchy feely at the end....The soundtrack was okay but the 1st one still rules....they're gonna hafta pull out some cooler track on the 3rd one....I was hoping that Adam was in the cocoon in the Collectors shop but it looks like he's going to make into the MCU nonetheless.....seeing Howard again was cool as well as the original Guardians in Ravager form.....Rocket paired up Yondu was cool...especially the "break out" scene.....it was said that Stan Lee is the Watcher's informant in the credits.....the Watchers are open property or undefined loosely so both companies can use them like The Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver....I was hoping to get Galactus, Silver Surfer & the FF back for the Infinity War but maybe by "Secret Wars" (I'm hoping this is the phase 4 finale.) While it was definitely different from the 1st film it was still a good popcorn movie....I'll add more to this later.....

• 4 weeks later...

loved this movie just as much as the first one. these are my favorite out of all the marvel movies and unexpectedly so. they are just so much fun!

• Like 1

I really need to watch this movie again. We watched it on my hubby's computer and it was super bad quality. The computer was low as my daughter was sleeping AND the sound was also bad. So I saw it but I did not get everything out of it that I could.... either will have to hope to catch it before it leaves theaters or we will have to buy it. The more likely option...

Definitely agree on the soundtrack, though, and some other thoughts. I liked what I saw/what I could catch, though! lol

I loved it as well...it was more story and character-driven than the first one, but I really enjoyed it. I got to thinking last night when we got back about what made the story so great to me...it was kinda like the plot of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, but way better. With a few tweaks it would have made a great Star Trek movie, and I guess that's why it was a great sequel to me...it holds-up like a classic Star Trek film, and in my book, that's a good thing. And I laughed more during this film than I had at the movies in a long time. It was alot of fun...lots of action, humor, dazzling effects, and alot of heart.