2017 Vintage Collection 3 3/4" Fan Choice Poll - Final 6 is live

jedicrippler

Go here to place your vote for the 2017 Fan's Choice Poll

http://www.starwars.com/news/vote-now-for-the-next-3-75-inch-star-wars-vintage-collection-figure

Personal choice, Sim Aloo. The only vintage figure that hasn't been updated in any fashion in the modern line. Star Destroyer Commander would be a simple repaint. Bespin Guard, just add a mustache. Power Droid, different color & add the antenna. But Sim Aloo, the original Imperial Dignitary, needs to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

This one seems a little fishy to me, I'm not keeping my ear close to the ground when it comes to a lot of star wars stuff at least not anymore but she doesn't strike me as a character the majority of collectors were clamoring for but I can be wrong. As for TFA Luke they'll probably release him as part of the Last Jedi line since he'll probably have that look for most if not all the screen time in the new movie.

Bah...she's a prominent character from the recent "Darth Vader" comic series by Marvel. I really enjoyed the book, but Doctor Aphra seemed out-of-place from the get-go...at least from what I can gather about her in the issues I have read; she's hanging-around with Vader throughout most of the storyline, and it just seems odd for her to be paired with him. It's a strange combination to me, creative-wise in terms of the story. I'm sure it makes sense when you read the whole story, but...it just felt off to me, even though the artwork is incredible and Vader is written very well...

I think Vader's droids in the book (basically evil Imperial versions of R2-D2 and Threepio, respectively) would have made better choices as figures. But I just know I'll have Doctor Aphra in my collection, anyway...I love the series, and I'm a sucker for the Vintage Collection-style figures, so there. (lol)