Toy Fair 2017 Thoughts - The Other Stuff That Doesn't Have It's Own Fourm Section.

A_Spidey_Fan

Hey everyone. Was wondering how everyone felt about Toy Fair 2017 this year? I was happy with what was reveled for the most part.

My only major disappointment was that they didn't really revel anything new for the Mega Construx(Use to be known as Mega Bloks) TMNT lines, specifically the Collectors Series stuff. Was really interested if they were going to still be doing any more sets based on the Mirage Comics Turtles. Would of been cool if they did a Mouser Factory set that features Stockman, April, a Turtle(This time, either Mike or Don), and a few Mousers. Would of also been interested to see if they were going to be doing any more of the 1980's Cartoon Mutations Cansiters lines as well. Also would of been neat to see more upcoming Nick TMNT stuff too.

I think Playmates TMNT stuff was okay. I will admit, some neat variants and recolours. Not sure if I'll get though.

Anything else you guys saw that interested you that doesn't have it's own topic section(Mainly, that isn't Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, G.I. Joe, or DC Comics)?

I've gotten a few of the TMNT megabloks (constructs), I really like them so I hope they continue, weird how all around they didn't reveal a lot... so we'll see.

I'm a bit disappointed with a lot of lines and how they're revealing stuff now, it's almost like, what's the point of having a Toy Fair, if you're only going to reveal a wave or two and that's it, seems like more and more, they reveal something small and then throughout the year, they reveal the rest.
I was hoping for more Mattel Halo figures. They have removable parts, but they don't even utilize that part, if you swap then, they'll look silly with mix matched armor. Give us more waves of same colored Spartans so we can customize our own in game avatar, or something like that, just seems like a wasted opportunity.

Interested to see what they do with those 4" Funko figured, I like those and can see some cool things done, but I'll most likely pick and choose on those.
Was expecting some kind of Playmates TMNT announcement for an anniversary type of line, but guess not. That's all I can think of right now...

Anything else you guys saw that interested you that doesn't have it's own topic section(Mainly, that isn't Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel, G.I. Joe, or DC Comics)?

No need to worry about too much GI Joe talk...

Personally, I probably won't have too much time to devote to ANYTHING that was shown because come late July I'll have the first baby here at home which will likely distract me from any toys.

That said, those big NECA Turtles are still on my radar. I do have Donatello and it's either keep him as my one and only example of a 16" NECA movie turtle or go all in on the four. Seeing those baby turtles aren't making things easier either.

• Like 1