FansToys vs. Perfect Fusion??

We all know FansToys for their fantastic 3rd party masterpieces...

But, every now and then I also come across Perfect Fusion, who so far seem to only focus on making the Dinobots.

When you look at how Perfect Fusion builds their Dinobots, you can't deny they look A LOT like FansToys.
They might actually be one and the same company??
(although different development teams maybe)

- Anyway, what would the added value of Perfect Fusion over FansToys be??
And are they planning more than just Dinobots?

So far I'm not too convinced... however they do look interesting enough to keep in mind.
So what do you guys think... what are their plans?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but...are these third-party Transformers worth grabbing? In times-past I had sworn-off getting any since they weren't official (I'm not snotty...it's just my OCD) (lol), but I've recently come-around to the thinking that how can it be bad to have other companies making more Transformers? Why the heck not have the option? I would just like to know if they're quality toys. I might be tempted to invest in them, if they're worth the relatively-high prices they command...

We all know FansToys for their fantastic 3rd party masterpieces...

But, every now and then I also come across Perfect Fusion, who so far seem to only focus on making the Dinobots.

When you look at how Perfect Fusion builds their Dinobots, you can't deny they look A LOT like FansToys.

They might actually be one and the same company??

(although different development teams maybe)

- Anyway, what would the added value of Perfect Fusion over FansToys be??

And are they planning more than just Dinobots?

So far I'm not too convinced... however they do look interesting enough to keep in mind.

So what do you guys think... what are their plans?

Perfect Fusion is basically addressing the shortcomings on FansToys Scoria (Slag) . Some collectors complained that his dino mode was too elongated, and the hip joints couldn't lock into an upward position due to the heavy diecast in the legs. Personally, I was pretty happy with mine.

According to Fans Toys, Perfect Fusion will not be addressing the other Dinobots. This is basically a one shot deal.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but...are these third-party Transformers worth grabbing? In times-past I had sworn-off getting any since they weren't official (I'm not snotty...it's just my OCD) (lol), but I've recently come-around to the thinking that how can it be bad to have other companies making more Transformers? Why the heck not have the option? I would just like to know if they're quality toys. I might be tempted to invest in them, if they're worth the relatively-high prices they command...

I think you should give 3rd party a shot. It's always good to have choices, and it some cases, certain 3rd party figures have outclassed official figures. Perfect example would be Fans Toys Stomp. He was my top pick for 2016. Solid in both modes, has amazing paint, chrome/details, and very poseable. He is my default Dinobot Sludge in my collection. Worth every cent!

Other 3rd parties have upped their game as well, but I would always research and check reviews before you commit to a purchase.

I don't collect TF's anymore, but have always watched the line and the 3rd party companies that produce things. It looks like a lot of the stuff is really high quality, but the problem I see (and I happened to see an interesting TF based podcast about it) is that all these different companies are producing just about the same figures at the same time. So you have 5 different MP sized Optimus' coming out or 10 different Constructicons sets. When they are all priced as high as they are they will start biting into one anothers fan base. Plus back when some of these companies started producing things , it was characters that Hasbro was never going to probably get around to doing. Now Hasbro's does a figure and three other companies do almost the same one.

Well, I've been leaning more towards the more obscure characters, or at least offbeat versions, like that upcoming IDW Hot Rod, for example. I've also been tempted to get the various incarnations of Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, or any of the other animated movie characters...those tend to be the ones I enjoy or gravitate to the most.