2017 Marvel Legends: What are you looking forward to?

yojoebro82

If this year is anything like the last, we better buckle up. Lots of ebay sightings already popping up for new MLs which leads me to believe GOTG, X-Men, Invisible Woman and more are on the way! Personally, I'm most excited for:

Invisible Woman- I have Toy Biz versions of the other three FF guys that I am very happy with but I don't think there's ever been a good IW...until now. For me, this is a "complete the team" figure.

Warlock Wave- Excited for all of these guys (except Colossus). Most notably Dazzler, Jim Lee Cyclops, and Polaris. At this point I may as well wait until it shows up on BBTS and use my yet-unused $100 credit toward the whole case.

GOTG-Angela is already preordered from Amazon, otherwise I'll take Yondu and Darkhawk (Maybe Starlord for no other reason than the Chris Pratt Likeness is so much better this time around, but I'd like him to hit a deep discount first). It also appears there's a TRU exclusive Groot for you to rebuy if you'd like to get a couple of baby Groot figures.

Aside from those, I'm also hearing there's a Spider-Man/MJ 2 pack on the horizon.

And it's only January.

Still kind of early in the game, but Sam Alexander/Nova and Tytus are high on my list. Ditto for the Mary Jane 2-pack (who cares who comes with her?). Of course, as a Keaton fan since long before the man ever put on a Bat-Suit, the Homecoming Vulture is a big ole' MUST-HAVE.

Hopefully, Toy-Fair brings a few more happy surprises.

I'm sure Toyfair will bring more surprises than my wallet wants to see.

I'd spring for the Keaton Vulture too. Come to think of it, that would be the first cinematic Spidey villain I own. I have a Tobey, Garfield, and Holland Spideys, but no movie bad guys.

From the GOTG wave just Major Victory and Darkhawk, the rest can wait. Invisible Woman looks great if the photos are legitimate, hopefully more FF characters are to come which is possible since after the Deadpool/Guardians of the Galaxy deal there's a good chance that Fox stopped being uncooperative and Marvel is willing to support them somewhat. Black Panther looks cool I already have it but it's a good deal for people who missed out the first time. Even if I'm not keen on the BAF and don't care much for 2 of the figures I'm really looking forward to the X-men wave. I'm looking forward to more X-men figures to support the last(thank God) Wolverine movie. I'm hoping the licensing has been approved for the Netflix series figures and the Daredevil might be shown also that we get some comic characters mixed with the MCU versions. Based on Hasbro's track record of making figures supporting the movies and based on the movie schedule which includes the Guardians, Spidey, Thor 3 and the Iron Fist series along with the Defenders mini series I'm expecting a heavy influx of products. So apart from the obligatory movie versions I'm hoping some figures to cross over from my unrealistic wishlist:

Daredevil/Street Characters

1. Daredevil(armored,90s)
  2. Daredevil(Shadowland)
  3. Daredevil(netflix series) said to be in the works but not shown
  4. Stick*
  5. Owl*
  6. Gladiator*
  7. Ikari
  8. Stilt-Man
  9. Black Tarantula
  10. Enforcers
  11. Jester
  12. Kirigi
  13. Lady Bullseye
  14. Man-Bull
  15. Matador
  16. Mr. Hyde
  17. Typhoid Mary
  18. Stone*
  19. Nobu (I don’t usually ask for MCU exclusive characters but after that fight in season 1 I can’t help it).
  20. Colleen Wing*
  21. Steel Serpent
  22. Orson Randall
  23. Razor Fist
  24. Bushwacker
  25. The Hood
  26. White Tiger(Hector Ayala)
  27. White Tiger(Angela del Toro)
  28. Shang-Chi
  29. Bruiser

Thor based on Oliver Coipel art and J. Michael Stracyzinski run

1. Warriors 3*
  2. Balder
  3. Sif*
  4. Heimdall*
  5. Loki redo
  6. Bor*
  7. Classic Thor(redo on the Hyperion mold)
  8. Surtur
  9. Ulik

Cosmic/GOTG

1. Ronan(classic armored)*
  2. Korath the Pursuer*
  3. Wraith
  4. Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)
  5. Moondragon
  6. Mantis(Guardian uniform)*
  7. Phyla Vell
  8. Cosmo*
  9. Fallen One
  10. Nova(Frankie Ray)
  11. Firelord
  12. Gabriel the Air Walker
  13. Stardust
  14. Red Shift
  15. Morg
  16. Paibok
  17. Ravenous
  18. Corsair
  19. Raza
  20. Hepzibah
  21. Cho’d

X-men

1. Dust
  2. Strong Guy
  3. Multiple Man
  4. Hellfire Club soldiers
  5. Sebastian Shaw
  6. Donald Pierce
  7. Selene
  8. Harry Leland
  9. Madelyne Prior
  10. Sauron
  11. Marauders
  12. Nimrod
  13. Bastion
  14. More Imperial Guard members
  15. Thunderbird
  16. Wolfsbane
  17. X-man(Nate Grey)
  18. Vulcan
  19. Redo the some of the X-men Toybiz they are not holding up well.

Spider-Man

1. Dr. Octopus
  2. Spider-Man Noir
  3. Tinkerer*
  4. Living Brain
  5. Mysterio
  6. Scorpion
  7. Molten Man
  8. Alistair Smythe
  9. Man Wolf
  10. Human Fly
  11. Hydro-Man
  12. Mister Negative
  13. Puma
  14. Spot
  15. Shriek
  16. Doppelganger
  17. Vermin
  18. Cardiac
  19. Prowler
  20. Spider-Man Noir
  21. Spider-India
  22. Morlun
  23. Scarecrow

* Are characters that had a MCU appearance sort of increasing their chances maybe.

Invisible Woman is exciting because it suggests the rest of the FF are coming. That's a set of updates I can get down with.

I'm excited to get Angela - that whole thing is a neat story and she's a character I've been into since... 1998?

The Warlock wave is full of characters I'm excited to see - Polaris, Dazzler, a decent Sunfire, even the Jim Lee Cyclops (dumb design in real life; will make a great toy)

As for someone not revealed yet - I always said that Enchantress and Executioner are SO important to the Avengers early history. Well we got one, other one's gotta be close behind, right??

Then whatever comes comes. i certainly didn't think I'd upgrade the excellent ToyBiz hobgoblin, but I did. What other surprises will be in store?

Not sure what level of "confirmation" its reached, but if the rumors that that Dark Phoenix figure is coming to us in a 2-pack are true I'm all over it.

Granted, it'll probably come with yet another version of Condom-head Cyclops (yawn), but in my little fan-boy heart of hearts I'm hoping for a Lee Cyclops rerelease with a soft-goods jacket.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the prerequisite "Spider-Girl" that the Has' seems determined to hand us in every Spidey-wave. Seriously, Arana, May Parker, Spider-Gwen, Ultimate Spider-Woman, Spider-B---h (REALLY!!!). Take a page from Ms. Marvel or White Tiger guys, they don't all have to be Spiders. They don't even have to be teens. Where's Julia Carpenter, Jewel, Colleen Wing, etc? Give me an Elektra on a Moonstone buck! Anything!