Gotham City Sirens movie

yojoebro82

I'm hearing that this movie is in the works with Margot Robbie and the Suicide Squad director and possibly.....Megan Fox as Poison Ivy. Ugh. Too soon got get too worried but I guess I'd prefer she not inflict another geek movie with her brand of acting.

Also, if you read the Harley Quinn comic (which I have from the beginning and do enjoy), you know they go heavy on the sexual inuendo between Harley and Ivy. Imagine what will happen once Hollywood gets its hands on it. I think we have Paul Dini to thank for that. To be more specific, Paul Dini and all the people who read way...way too much into that Harley/Ivy buddy episode of Batman The Animated Series twenty years ago. As I recall they never did any hinting at anything sexual between the two but wow, did fanboys ever take that ball and roll with it.

Anyway, all that aside, I still wish I could have confidence that WB will do this movie right. But I feel there is too much temptation to make it overly "hip" and "quirky" to try to copy Marvel movies that did "hip" and "quirky" successfully.

What do you think? Who would you want as Poison Ivy? Catwoman?

So basically we're looking at a movie featuring three beloved DC characters scanked up beyond all recognition by the director who brought us Hip-Hop Joker. Oh, and a strong possibility of a lesbian story-line due to WBs obsession with fan-servicing a statistically insignificant portion of the total population (less than 2%).

If its all the same, I'll stay home that night and watch something of slightly higher quality. Now where'd I put that Legends of the Superheroes DVD?

In all fairness, none of that, including my main beef of a Megan Fox Poison Ivy, is a certainty. Even if they did go ahead with the Harley/Ivy relationship, I'm not saying that would kill the movie, I just don't trust Hollywood that much.

I think Moira Bacarin would have made a good Catwoman. But she's in Gotham and was in Deadpool so I think that would be a stretch...

I f this was something that was just "sprung" on fans it would be one thing and if it was by some writer that had no history with the characters i would add another strike. But Paul Dini, how co-crated Harley was the original writer of GCS and most of these plot thread were started in 2009 if not before. Sure I can see them adding more to i for a movie, but truthfully I would be surprised if this movie goes any where and if Ms Fox gets anywhere near it.

I think Moira Bacarin would have made a good Catwoman. But she's in Gotham and was in Deadpool so I think that would be a stretch...

I'm thinking Jeri Ryan for Catwoman. She's hotter than H--L, her voice is practically tailor made for the character, yet she's still mature enough you can buy the fact she's been getting under Batfleck's skin for awhile.

As for Ivy, I hate to say it, but I think Fox might be perfect for the role. I see Ivy as a trashily attractive, debutante-type lured into eco-terrorism, and using her looks to further her myopic to the point of delusional obsession for her own "plants-before-people" cause. Trashy, attractive, delusional. That's Megan Fox all over.

I'm thinking Jeri Ryan for Catwoman. She's hotter than H--L, her voice is practically tailor made for the character, yet she's still mature enough you can buy the fact she's been getting under Batfleck's skin for awhile.

Hmmmm....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

That is an intriguing choice. I am on board!