Star Wars-Film Musings

GuitarDevil

I was watching Empire & Return of the Yeti over the weekend....I was snickering at some of the special effects.....anyways I had noticed that Empire was heavily stocked w/Old British Guys & the Rebels seemed to have diversity down to a tee.....while the New Force Awakens did have "wimmen" & younger folks "working" for the New Order/Empire ( New Order makes me think of Wrestling, I was waiting for Gen. Hux to body slam someone during his fiery speech) however it seems Wookies & Admiral Ackbars can't get a job in w/the New Order.....forced or volunteer...while the Comics & Books seem to show diversity amongst the Empire...well I guess the Clone Troopers count for some diversity but they were quickly replaced by the non-shooting regulars from the 1st trilogy...I don't watch Rebels or the Clone Wars *gasp* I know I'm a monster, but I did see an Admiral Thrawn?.....I was kinda hoping in the newer movies they would have more Aliens scattered amongst the Empire forces but it can wait....for now I'm okay w/Star Wars bringing up old archetypes from the Revolutionary War....my GF was chuckling at all the employees, Vader was choking out during the 1st trilogy......

From Tarkin to Piet to the ROTJ Death Star Commander (forget his name now) to Hux to Krenig, there's at least one smarmy Brit for every Star Wars movie. It's like poetry!

(I'll admit, I don't think I've actually heard the guy who plays Krenig deliver a line of dialogue yet, but I'm betting the Brit tradition continues with him).

• 1 month later...

Well, I see the Empire/The First Order as comparable to the Nazis...just a bunch of "master race" elitists that think they know what's best for the galaxy, with no room for any real diversity, unless it's to fill out ranks for the grunts like Finn...

To me, anything that resembles the Nazis makes the perfect bad guys, especially the stuffy, superiority-complex-driven Brit-types. (No offence meant towards my British friends across the pond...) (lol)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Forgive me, Deja Vu, Broken record blues....meaning I've written this before but the data was lost due to a server update....

Notes on fixing TLJ

1. The beginning of TLJ should've started out with the Space Battle sans Cheesy Poe Scene. This is where Kylo Ren zeroes in on his mother on her ship. Time freezes & the Flashbacks start. 

2.  Ben Solo's childhood, happiness w/Leia & Han, not perfect, Ben develops powers he can't control & has nightmares with Snoke invading them. He acts out & hurts his pregnant mother badly. Han sends him away to Luke's new Jedi School. 

3. Luke has come to terms w/being a "Gray" Jedi, he has true balance, he marries. His trained his wife to use the force. They find other elders & start a school. Good times & Bad times. Snoke starts to invade the dreams of students & the teachers, Luke is troubled & then Ben & Han show up. 

4. Luke is glad to have the distraction & honor of training his nephew. Han leaves awkwardly, Leia is in a coma & as the doctors talk to Han, you don't hear what happens to the baby, Han breaks down & stays with a Comatose Leia. 

5. They spend time building up Ben & Luke. The child Luke always wanted, prompts him to start a family with his wife in secret. Ben is new to the school & has to work up to Alpha among the students, he can already tell who is dangerous & who isn't. He is more powerful but sloppy. He becomes friends with students who later become the Knights of Ren. Snoke's power has already twisted some of the students & a few of the teachers or admin. staff from afar. Their friendship with Ben is pure peer pressure & lack of self esteem. Luke is bombarded by problems from the Govt. & Local stuff. He can't see his students slipping away, his wife reveals she's been pregnant. 

6. Ben & Luke have a falling out. Luke realizes that local problems have been caused by Ben & his gang. Ben is dangerous & has lost his compass. Luke considers all things while consulting Yoda. Yoda tells him that he should be talking to Anakin, just then the Knights of Ren reveal themselves. They attack the school from within, they take down a few instructors & students. Snoke arrives with is Armada. He has been speaking w/Ben & the rest for some time now. They try to leave & Luke's wife squares off against the Knights & Kylo…..She only humiliates them & finally Snoke ends her right when Luke shows up...He displays his amazing power nearly killing Snoke & his Red Guard...but in the process Luke is wounded too...Kylo stands there in a position to strike Luke down & Luke knows he could kill Kylo….they stare at each other, once again we don't know if Luke's wife has been killed & what of the Baby? Flashback to the Space battle....

7. Back to the Space battle. Kylo has his mother in his sights....just before he squeezes his triggers, his armada does before him so they actually blow up Leia's ship. She's wounded but not dead. Admiral Ackbar sacrafices himself instead of Holdo, Ackabar gets to become a 3D character & goes out in a noble manner, not like some back ground red shirt scrub. 

8. Rey hands Luke his lightsaber.....he informs her that he always meant for his child to have it.....he tells her she looks beautiful like her mother.....she starts to tear up...but in our minds, which mother? Leia or Luke's deceased wife?

9. After the "get off my lawn" speech he tells her Why he left. Chewie comes in & emotional re-union ensues. No green Milk needed. They rip off some of the original training from Degobah, Rey jokes about Luke riding her, Luke tells her she has no idea. He teaches her to the point we can believe her Light Saber work & Bruce Lee moves. 

10 Finn & Poe meanwhile are gathering what fighters they have left & gearing up to land on a abandoned Rebel outpost..Let me say the Space Battle should've been big to the point they loose a lot of the Fleet. The New Order is picking them off one by one.....all appears to be lost. But some distant ships call out.....General Lando Calrissian has returned from the Outer Rim (he has heard of Snoke & knows what he is) he is able to  assist & provide time...he takes who he can & realizes Leia is there & dying....she talks about Han & appears at times to be talking to his ghost....