My Action Figure, Toy, Movie, Etc....Collection

CaptainTriumph

2016 Flash Gordon Pop Vinyl figure. Not to show my age but I did see this movie in its first run at the theatre. Of course I also saw many movies I consider "classics" in their first run: Star Wars, Halloween, The Exorcist, Alien, Terminator, E.T., Every Bond film since the Spy Who Loved Me, Etc.... In fact, I remember playing the vinyl record soundtrack during recess in the 6th grade! Anyways this is probably Sam J Jones best known role though I do have a copy of him playing Denny Colt on VHS somewhere! The figure even comes with the green egg he uses as a football....after all he is the NY Jets quarterback. At least he wasn't a basketball player with the Celtics....hmmmmm.

post-16172-0-88474800-1489501123_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

2016 Prince Vultan Pop Vinyl figure: As portrayed by Brian Blessed another wonderful actor. If you haven't yet, make the time to listen to his Flash Gordon movie commentary track....it's awesome!

post-16172-0-53433800-1489503440_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

CT's collecting fact #4: Imaginext. With two young sons, collecting this line is a given. I get two of a lot of the items...1 for the boys to play with and 1 to put back for them for later in life....or for me!

• 1 month later...

2016 Prince Vultan Pop Vinyl figure: As portrayed by Brian Blessed another wonderful actor. If you haven't yet, make the time to listen to his Flash Gordon movie commentary track....it's awesome!

Y'know Captain...I've yet to get on the Pop Vinyl wagon, as it were. I've been tempted a few times, but if I did, these Flash Gordon ones would definitely be in my collection...I absolutely love the movie, in all it's cheesy-Eighties glory. (lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CT’s collecting fact #5: Star Wars. From ages 7 to about 12/13 I lived and breathed Star Wars. From the first moment I saw the movie in September 1977 I was captivated by it. To be honest, there really wasn’t any Sci Fi / Fantasy that compared to it up to that point. Sure there were a few other good or even great movies before it. But Star Wars wasn’t just a movie but an event...a watershed moment in cinema and history. That being said, it’s amazing how little I’ve collected it in my adult years. I have some stuff but not like you would think I would have compared to other properties.

2017 Star Wars Black Series: Luke Skywalkers X-34 Landspeeder. I think this is a really neat set. My first vehicle as a kid in the original line was a land speeder. Im looking forward to displaying this is my sons room in the near future.

post-16172-0-87686700-1510470343_thumb.jpeg

2017 Walgreens Exclusives POP Vinyl Star Wars Movie Moments: Cloud City Duel. I loved this one as soon as I saw it! It will look perfect in my son Lukes room. There are several other sets previewed on the back that I want to get too!

post-16172-0-90487300-1510574808_thumb.jpeg

post-16172-0-49102400-1510574828_thumb.jpeg

CTs Collecting Facts #6: Marvel Legends. I started collecting Marvel Legends with the first series of Toz Biz. If you want to get technical, I really started with the 2 Spider-Man Classics waves. Anyways, I picked up the lions share of the Toz Biz figures and went directly into the first waves of the Hasbro ones. Then they really started losing their luster and I stopped collecting them. I slowly easied back into them with the Hasbro relaunch. Now Im 100% involved in the line again!

2017 Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Invisible Woman. I actually remember when the Fantactic Four were major players in the Marvel Universe. Other than Spider-Man, no one represented the Marvel brand more than the FF. Its amazing how far they have fallen in modern days. That being said, this is great figure! They even made a cool HERBIE as a pack-in.

post-16172-0-48726900-1510600838_thumb.jpeg

2017 Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Medusa. This a great figure for this line....and not because of the Inhumans show. Medusa was an official member of the team, taking the Invisible Womans place for awhile in the comics. Wouldnt it be neat to not only do the four primary members but also their replacements as well? Crystal, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, etc...would all be awesome!

post-16172-0-42111900-1510603618_thumb.jpeg