New Guardians Legends Wave

GuitarDevil

Darkhawk and Vance Astro are the top ones for me, although I wish we could have gotten an alternate Talon head for Darkhawk but that's just wishful thinking on my part. The others look good but not really a priority for me. I didn't get Star Lord from the first movie in fact I didn't get that many from the first movie since I didn't really liked the looks but I agree the head sculpt looks ten times better. Drax being a repaint with a new head is kind of weak but not surprising. I never warmed up to Kid Nova nor did I ever gave a Flying Wallenda about Angela or Spawn and I'm still meh about her introduction to the Marvel Universe so their figures while looking good are not really a priority for me. I'll just get Vance Astro to round out my Guardians and Darkhawk for my War of Kings/Cosmic set up first and wait for the others to drop on price. That said they look really good so far, after watching the trailer for the movie I kind of want a Baby Groot.

I was kinda disappointed by the lineup....another Drax....I thought we'd get an Nebula at least....I'm w/Belmont...I have no idea who Angela is....I wish they would have done Adam Warlock or gasp......Ronan.....smh...I appreciate some of the obscure characters they try to include but cmon at least listen to some of your fan base.....Kid Nova?....kinda of a let down....at least they have Yondu...

I was kinda disappointed by the lineup....another Drax....I thought we'd get an Nebula at least....I'm w/Belmont...I have no idea who Angela is....I wish they would have done Adam Warlock or gasp......Ronan.....smh...I appreciate some of the obscure characters they try to include but cmon at least listen to some of your fan base.....Kid Nova?....kinda of a let down....at least they have Yondu...

We're getting a Warlock based on his modern Annhilation Conquest/Guardians look:

2016NYCC_Hasbro01__scaled_600.jpg

Angela comes from Spawn comics but was created by Neil Gaiman, after a legal battle for her rights Gaiman won and sold her rights to Marvel. Marvel introduced her after the events of Age of Ultron which messed with the timeline. It was revealed in the Original Sin event that she was the sister of Thor, apparently Odin went to war with heaven(the tenth realm) and Angela got captured by the Angels who ended up raising her hence her appearances as a hunter for heaven in Spawn, Odin got so upset that he sealed off access to the realm and erased it from Asgardians memory or something. She later joined the Guardians of the Galaxy which is why we are getting her figure in this line instead of a more deserving character imo.

It was revealed in the Original Sin event that she was the sister of Thor, apparently Odin went to war with heaven(the tenth realm) and Angela got captured by the Angels who ended up raising her hence her appearances as a hunter for heaven in Spawn, Odin got so upset that he sealed off access to the realm and erased it from Asgardians memory or something.

Ah...convoluted comic "event" plotting on full display.

I have no strong feeling for this character one way or the other and yet I can see myself picking her up if I see her. I wonder how my brother's Todd Toys Angela will look next to my MLs in the meantime.

I'm honestly just happy that we're getting a bunch of space related characters. It's a nice change of pace. Since we're only getting part of the movie roster in this wave, I wonder how many Guardians of the Galaxy waves are we looking at for 2017.... for sure 2, maybe 3???

While I hope we get an Nebula, Ronan & haha Howard the Duck.....2016 kicked my wallet's arse....I hope they don't have multiple waves in 17' but I'm sure your right....

• 3 weeks later...