yojoebro82

Talk about Transformers the Last Knight

I just saw the trailer to the latest debacle. Random thoughts:

In typical internet fashion, the internet put a big spoiler right into the heading of the link. Thanks.

Didn't I hear Anthony Hopkins retired? Did I miss the asterisk stating "Unless easy work from geek movies comes around?"

Mark Wahlberg recently earned huge points by telling Hollywood to shut up about politics making him one of my favorite actors. Plus, for what it's worth, he's an upgrade from watching Shilo Buff try to deliver his brand of "acting".

I give the first Transformers a pass for being the first to give us transforming robots into cars (or a version of it anyway), the rest is all big, dumb noise. However, beginning with the last movie, I found myself able to tolerate it better if I'm in the right mindset. I'll probably wait for the redbox, but I'll probably see it eventually.

I fell asleep during Transformers: Extinction the first time watching it. I'll still watch this film, but it will be a library rental after it's released on Home Video. These films make for some gorgeous CGI action scenes (when you can make out what's going on), but there's nothing else to them. TF5 needs to hit it out of the park if they want me to pay for these films again.

• Like 1

I really liked the first one, hated the second, found the third one slightly better but not much of an improvement. I caught the 4th one on Netflix and while it had some good parts I found it really long and I stopped paying attention at some point. Nothing I saw from the trailer leads me to believe that this one will be any different it also doesn't help that I'm far from a Transformers fanboy.

I watched the 1st & 2nd one.....like the 1st but pretty much left it there.....I started the last one but didn't finish it....I didn't even get to see the DinoB's show up....if Marky Mark would somehow fit "Good Vibrations" into this movie like Vanilla Ice sang "Go Ninja Go" for the classic TMNT movies....I would be down from Chinatown...I heard a possible rumor that Unicron was in this one?

1st one was good, after that blahhhhhh. I don't have much hope at all for this one either. They could have been so much better if they had been done right.

same as most of you, I enjoyed the first film just because it was a live action TF movie...and it was actually half way decent. the rest had some pretty action scenes but that was about it. I'm sure this will be more of the same. at least they got one thing right...and it was huge. having peter Cullen voice OP. anything else would have been a crime.