You're Hasbro... What's your 6" GIJOE wave 1?

JoeRhyno

My idea is a wave with 10 figures, and one build-a-figure Cobra SNAKE

My figures wouldnt be exact vintage replicas in the 6" scale or how they did the 25th anniversary figures, but more a revamped, modernized Joe vs Cobra. The best example I can think of is the popular look Cable had in the 90s and his recent ML figure that came out recently... I wouldn't completely remake all the characters, Duke would still have tan top, green pants, Snakes Eyes would be all black, Cobra Commander would be blue... etc... just modernized.

I'd try to break up the main characters and stick in some of the later ones little by little... so with that... my wave one is...

1) General Hawk(Leather Jacket top, camo pant, field helmet) SNAKE BAF-arm

2) Cobra Commander (Black military double button top, Black/Blue urban camo bottoms, armored wrists, knee pads, maybe a cape, two heads, one masked, one battle helmet), SNAKE BAF arm

3)Roadblock (Tactical vest and under shirt,Camo pants, colors would be modernized V2 and a big honkin' gun that only RB could hold) SNAKE BAF head

4) Firefly (Same camo as CC, but all over, grey tactical vest and not a full head mask, but more a face mask and a tactical helmet, something you see in the modern videogames. Cool backpack with explosives and bombs). SNAKE BAF leg

5) Cover Girl(modern take on her classic look, nothing too special) SNAKE BAF torso

6) Baroness (combo of the classic look and movie look with an armored top and armored knees and shins), maybe a jacket of sorts. SNAKE BAF alternate torso (maybe battle damaged).

7) Lowlight (modernized but more military than grey, also comes with a guilli (sp) suit, sniper case and tripod). SNAKE BAF leg.

8 Cobra Trooper(modern trooper, comes with different parts to make a couple differentversions, modern helmets, camo pants (like cc), swappable forearms and shins for armored or non armored look). No BAF

9 Snake Eyes(Commando look, but also a V2 like helmet to give both the Commando look, but also the ninja look. Similar to Retaliation armored look, but not too much so ha can't move well, extra weapons and gear). No BAF piece

10 Cobra Ninja(similar to both the trooper and SE, basically Xtra parts to make different kinds of variations of ninjas, and also tactical ninjas with some armor pueces) no BAF piece.

I know vehicles wouldn't be big, but I think like the SW black series, smaller ones could be done. With that, I'd like to do 2

Cobra Fang with Trooper(trooper will have parachute pack, and alternate head with breather and oxygen mask, but also have regular head an helmet to use as a regular trooper. Helmet and masks are generic and can be used on any body)

GI Joe Ram cycle with Clutch (modern take on a military bike, no side car gun, but guns on the bike like batman batpod. Clutcheck would also have extra head and arms to also use as a generic trooper, similar camo as hawk, but then armored top that can pass as a bike jacket or military jacket).

There you go, whacks think?

• Like 1

Cobra

1. Cobra Commander Shiny Mask Commander, comes w/1/2-man-snake, Cane, signature Gun, Cape, other guns....

2. Storm Shadow-All things that Ninjas carry...signature items of course

3. Cobra Vipers-Red Cobra Insignia & Original Weapons & extras

4. Zartan-All the cool arse stuff Zartan comes w/I guess Ninja gear as well

5. Baroness-In her Midnight Black Armor w/all her cool ass stuff....multiple heads w/glasses & on glasses-yelling at her soldiers

Cobra Set-BAF COBRA BAT Figure size just a bit bigger than Roadblock & Gung-Ho

Joes

1. Of Course Snake Eyes-all his cool arse stuff & Timber...

2. Scarlett-her classic outfit w/all her extra stuff...

3. Spirit-classic extras & his eagle

4. Gung Ho-big bad & mean as H....oo rah

5. Roadblock-& all his glory...

Joes set BAF "the PAC/RAT" set......

I agree w/Joe, the Fang Set & Ram Cycle would be akin to the Star Wars Black Scout/Speeder bike & Taun Taun set....I think those are doable at the least...

• Like 1

Mine would be vintage 0-ring molds blown up to 6''scale. only added articulation, wrists and ankle maybe a mid thigh? also the stress point ie hands and lower legs would be slightly rubbery also the heads would have more detail in the ears and maybe add a slight expression but just a hint of one nothing to expressive. also the hair will have better sculpted detail. they will have the same classic look but the story line will be updated to better fit with modern specialties and an updated time line. the file cards will reflect this change as well as some equipment updates like breaker/dialtone/mainframe would have modern devices

wave one gi joes

Duke : v1 body w/ v6 head

Stalker : v1 with the cammo pattern from the 97 figure

Scarlett : updated head sculpt with molded pony tail

Snake Eyes: v2 w/Timber

Dialtone: v1 updated equipment

Fro-joe : new character under cover or urban specialty

wave 1 cobras

Cobra Commander : v1 with 2 heads one a helmet the other the hood

Cobra Trooper: v1 troop builder with both white and african american skin tones

Dr.Mindbender : v1 updated body sculpt w/ a shirt maybe a turtle neck? cloth goods lab coat and maybe some kind of explosive device?

B.A.T's : v1 with updated hand attachments and a docking/charging station (that can be clipped together to make a larger station w/ other bats

Baroness : v1 updated weapons

wave 1 small vehicle assortment

Shipwreck: v1 w/ polly inflatable raft and weapons

Firefly : v1 with updated CLAW /Bio-wing glider

wave 1 medium vehicle assortment

VAMP :Clutch : v1 same vamp (but it is an updated vamp that he can talk to like it's KITT from knight rider! :) only it will have a female voice and be in love with him!!! ) too much? naw!

HISS : driver and hiss tank v1 driver will be in (rip it) colors and the hiss will have working treads and an updated gun

wave 1 large vehicle assortment

Skystriker : w/ ace v1 but in v5 colors, updated sculpt so the helmet and colar come of as one piece, also the skystriker is a new sculpt only more sleek and reflective more like a experimental aircraft one man fighter.

Rattler : with wild weasel new sculpt with removable helmet and a new small plane like a mig, small and fast but heavily armed.

wave 2 get's weirder! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, 6" o-rings... actually, weren't COPS figures like that? I guess it could work. There's a local company that makes props and such, one day, I want to have them make me a life size vintage style Snake-Eyes,how cool would that be? I wonder if they'd have to find a huge basketball sized o-ring, lol.

Fro-Joe and V.A.M.P.P. are just too funny... I'm not sure if there is money in the budget for a 6" skystriker though, lol.

• Like 1

I would only want 4 figures per wave, as I'm sure they would be $20+ per figure, and Marvel Legends is already sucking my toy funds dry. lol

I would want the figures in their most iconic outfits, with appropriate accessories, made to the standard of the current 6" Star Wars Black and ML stuff.

My perfect Wave 1 would be:

- Firefly V1 Outfit and Accessories

- Stormshadow V1 Outfit and Accessories

- Low-Light V1 Outfit and Accessories similar to the POC figure

- Duke V1 Outift and Accessories

Lol, 6" o-rings... actually, weren't COPS figures like that? I guess it could work. There's a local company that makes props and such, one day, I want to have them make me a life size vintage style Snake-Eyes,how cool would that be? I wonder if they'd have to find a huge basketball sized o-ring, lol.

Fro-Joe and V.A.M.P.P. are just too funny... I'm not sure if there is money in the budget for a 6" skystriker though, lol.

COPS are exactly what i was thinking, only with better proportions and a leaner and cleaner look, and since i am in total control of Hasbro's gi joe team, i farm out the large vehicles to chap mei cause i know they can come in on or under budget! ;) kind of like how Hasbro originally gave rights to ideal to make vehicles for their 12'' line in the 60's.

Wave 1 would be Stormshadow and Snake-Eyes. Split case.

Wave 2 Cobra Commander and Duke. Split case.

etc.

Nothing short changed. Everyone gets one if they want one. And when it gets to the army builders it starts to get real fun.

Mine would be vintage 0-ring molds blown up to 6''scale. only added articulation, wrists and ankle maybe a mid thigh? also the stress point ie hands and lower legs would be slightly rubbery also the heads would have more detail in the ears and maybe add a slight expression but just a hint of one nothing to expressive. also the hair will have better sculpted detail. they will have the same classic look but the story line will be updated to better fit with modern specialties and an updated time line. the file cards will reflect this change as well as some equipment updates like breaker/dialtone/mainframe would have modern devices

wave one gi joes

Duke : v1 body w/ v6 head

Stalker : v1 with the cammo pattern from the 97 figure

Scarlett : updated head sculpt with molded pony tail

Snake Eyes: v2 w/Timber

Dialtone: v1 updated equipment

Fro-joe : new character under cover or urban specialty

wave 1 cobras

Cobra Commander : v1 with 2 heads one a helmet the other the hood

Cobra Trooper: v1 troop builder with both white and african american skin tones

Dr.Mindbender : v1 updated body sculpt w/ a shirt maybe a turtle neck? cloth goods lab coat and maybe some kind of explosive device?

B.A.T's : v1 with updated hand attachments and a docking/charging station (that can be clipped together to make a larger station w/ other bats

Baroness : v1 updated weapons

wave 1 small vehicle assortment

Shipwreck: v1 w/ polly inflatable raft and weapons

Firefly : v1 with updated CLAW /Bio-wing glider

wave 1 medium vehicle assortment

VAMP :Clutch : v1 same vamp (but it is an updated vamp that he can talk to like it's KITT from knight rider! :) only it will have a female voice and be in love with him!!! ) too much? naw!

HISS : driver and hiss tank v1 driver will be in (rip it) colors and the hiss will have working treads and an updated gun

wave 1 large vehicle assortment

Skystriker : w/ ace v1 but in v5 colors, updated sculpt so the helmet and colar come of as one piece, also the skystriker is a new sculpt only more sleek and reflective more like a experimental aircraft one man fighter.

Rattler : with wild weasel new sculpt with removable helmet and a new small plane like a mig, small and fast but heavily armed.

wave 2 get's weirder! :)

did i mention that the HISS also has AI (Artificial Intelligence) that is in love with the VAMP jeep? a love triangle for the comic book stories!

I may have an interesting insight into this, because I am NOT a GIJoe fan.

That is, when Real American Hero was on TV, I was too old for it. Tried to watch it, hated it.
HOWEVER I live in the US and GIJoe:RAH had an impact on our culture, and I know the characters - I just do. Can't help it.

So here's a list of essential characters as seen from an outsider. And you need us on board to do well.

Scarlett

Snake Eyes

Duke

Cobra Commander

Destro

Baroness

There. that leaves some for later like Storm Shadow, Lady Jaye, Dr. Mindbender, Serpentor, Zartan, Xamot and Tomax, Flint, Roadblock, etc.

They have some good characters and some good character designs. Make good toys and even somebody like me will get some.

• 2 weeks later...

How did miss this thread for so long? I've been wanting a 6" Joe line for a long time now.

1. Duke v1 (the head sculpt needs a slight smirk like the original card art)

2. Snake Eyes v2 w/Timber

3. Roadblock v1

4. Lady Jaye ( In the event this didn't get past wave 1, I'd rather have her than Scarlet)

5. Flint

6. BATS (They can blow the accessories budget on this guy. I'd want extra attachments beyond the original 3.)

7. Cobra Commander w/ a faceplate and a hood

8. Baroness

9. Zartan

10. Destro

• 3 weeks later...